kaipara reports

Page  <1234 33>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sappercatcha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2013 at 9:41am
sappercatcha View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

6/12/13-went out with Stuck here for an evening fish got the boat in the water at 5:30 to fish the last half of the outgoing started around the island but nothing home (well of any size anyway) so we moved to a spot were all the water drains to on a falling tide got there about an hour before the 8pm slack tide and caught a couple of keepers right away but it was slow and when we left at 9pm we had 5 snapper 30-42 and a nice gurnard about 1.1-1.2kg
keep up the good work boys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sappercatcha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2013 at 10:51pm
Platinum
Platinum

7/12/13- well stuck here showed up this morning to help clean fish and boat after our late one last night we cleaned the fish but then thought bugger it the boats already dirty and has plenty of gas so off we went again we popped out to pretty much the same spot (a little shallower than yesterday) 1/2 hour out there no bites but just had to wait for the tide and as soon an the outgoing started it was on with a good amount off snaps and a few carrots coming aboard the wind got up and there was a good 5ft chop running so we called it quits and went back had had a beer and bowls of hot chips with daz 500 and his mate
got our catch checked by 2 fishery's guys very well mannered and helpful of Corse they didn't even measure a fish as they were all plenty legal

there was one small cluster **** for the day when we stopped to have a chat with tony from kaipara cat and lost grip on the wharf as we were just holding onto the wharf and we drifted under and snapped my brand new soft bait rod that was in the rod holder oops **** happens

tally for the day 22 snaps and 3 carrots
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2013 at 8:08am
Catchit View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

good stuff, will try and do the same this arvo..
"We gave Sir Peter a knighthood," Mr Key said, "And if we could give him a second one, we would."

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2013 at 8:13am
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

So what's this sh-t weather gunna do?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2013 at 8:35am
Catchit View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Kandrew Kandrew wrote:

So what's this sh-t weather gunna do?

northwest 20,,, see how its looking after lunch..Wink
"We gave Sir Peter a knighthood," Mr Key said, "And if we could give him a second one, we would."

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote savager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2013 at 11:06am
savager View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

any 1 out there today?
if its not worth eating its not worth killing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daz500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2013 at 4:11pm
daz500 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I just got in got with some nice pannies past con mark and some scallops ,one of the commercial boys was telling me that the makarau is full of snaps at the moment so if you want a feed of pannies head there now ,

Daz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillzNS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2013 at 4:17pm
WillzNS View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

will be heading out tuesday arvo with the bros after they finish work will report when dne
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sappercatcha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2013 at 6:24pm
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by daz500 daz500 wrote:

I just got in got with some nice pannies past con mark and some scallops ,one of the commercial boys was telling me that the makarau is full of snaps at the moment so if you want a feed of pannies head there now ,

Daz

don't tell them that man LOLLOLLOLLOL  yeah not big fish we were somewhere round there yesterday and biggest was 40 or maybe a little bigger but mostly 30-32 good enough for a feed and good fun on light gear but be careful of you don't know were your going as there's some shallows to avoid if you don't wish to get stuck
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2013 at 7:01pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by sappercatcha sappercatcha wrote:

Daz

don't tell them that man LOLLOLLOLLOL  yeah not big fish we were somewhere round there yesterday and biggest was 40 or maybe a little bigger but mostly 30-32 good enough for a feed and good fun on light gear but be careful of you don't know were your going as there's some shallows to avoid if you don't wish to get stuck

Mate I've seen what you call light gear - shimano Tyrnos with 50kg braid on it. Good feed though
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2013 at 7:05pm
Catchit View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

too bloody windy for this boy,, tomorrow.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sappercatcha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2013 at 7:06pm
Platinum
Platinum

Daz

Mate I've seen what you call light gear - shimano Tyrnos with 50kg braid on it. Good feed though
wish I owned one mate its a nice bit of kit however that's my mate Scotties winch my main rod and reel is a shimano bait caster with 4kg braid onboard
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2013 at 7:37pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Daz

wish I owned one mate its a nice bit of kit however that's my mate Scotties winch my main rod and reel is a shimano bait caster with 4kg braid onboard

Good to here, good fish on a baitcasters, I'll have to follow you into the back of the island so I don't get stuck. Remember we're gunna hit those kingies out the back of tiri one morning. Have to get daz organised as our deckie as well.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2013 at 9:07pm
Catchit View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great afternoon out on the mighty Kaipara this afternoon. Out from Shelley around 2-30 and back in with limits of pannies and scollies.

Water was warm, 22.5 deg.

Doesn't get much better.

"Check out the Mrs !!"

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sappercatcha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2013 at 9:10pm
Platinum
Platinum

well done tony I cant get over that wee boat soo neat
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2013 at 9:43pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yep today was the day, sitting at work thinking why the ---- wasn't yesterday like this. Well done Tony roll on next weekend.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 7:29am
Catchit View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Today too ,  daughters birthday and she wants to go fishing....

spose someones gotta do it Approve

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Roath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 9:56am
Roath View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hey Darryn ! 

I haven't been on these forums in years and years. ( only to read the few PM's you sent me!)  

Glad to see your really getting into the fishing and doing well

Rob
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sappercatcha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 10:01am
Platinum
Platinum

Glad to see you back rob if you want to come for a look around the kaipara just pm me and we will sort something out
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daz500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 9:26pm
daz500 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

shot out after work for a couple hours & pulled up a bag full of 125mm + scallops then headed to an area that's holding some nice pannies picked up a few, jigging grubs seem to be the go at the moment , then doing the usual troll for kingis on the way home and what do you know a kingi grabs a soft plastic I was towing not massive just 90cm and big enough to feed a few families around xmass time ,

Daz
Page  <1234 33>