kaipara reports

Page  123 33>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sappercatcha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: kaipara reports
    Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 9:16am
sappercatcha View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

well thought id to this as I'm normally out 2 times a week during the summer period and rather clutter the reports forum I thought I would keep all mine (and any one else that wants to join in) in one thread
 so here's a couple I can remember
23/11/13-up at 3am to a beautiful kaipara forecast mission for today as a little different as I was booked on one of the charter boats we left springs road at 4am and it took just over 3.5hrs to get out to 30m mark in the open ocean of corse this meant a bar crossing but you wouldn't of known itSmile the fish came in waves everyone hooked up at the same time then it went dead for 20 mins then everyone would hook up again after a 12hr day on the water including the 7 hours motoring we ended up with 5 fish each but they were all decent size 450-600cm 

24/11/13-I had a guy that missed out on the charter and he was gutted so I took him out for the afternoon unlike the previous day it was quite choppy so stayed in close very closeWink we got our limit (my mate doesn't get out often so likes to take a fair bit when he dose) all fish were smaller 300-350 with one 280 as it was gut hooked and bleeding from the gills

26/11/2013-again pretty choppy and again stayed within a km of the beach was just me and my brother this time who is off work recovering from a stunt went wrongLOL fishing was very hard but we ended up with enough fish for my brother to keep his wife happy so mission accomplished as I already was fished out from the weekend

1/12/13-the weather gods have not been kind lately and yet again we were forced to stay close me john and Jason got 5 fish each again 300-350 which is plenty for a feed 

just need to remember to take photosLOLLOL

keep up the good work boys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillzNS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 9:19am
WillzNS View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Where abouts in the kaipara you going me and buds fish shelly beach not far from wharf and do good very lol 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillzNS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 9:24am
WillzNS View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

1/12/13 

Went out early sunday morning after the kiwis thrashing. was a bit choppy as my mates boat is not the biggest thing but gets us down and back which is main. was quiet for the first ten mins but everything lit up. Was around 15 knots but we were casting softbait out the back with 3/8 jig heads and getting some nice 400 snaps. Soft bait tend to get the bigger ones this day. biggest one in harbour i have got within the last 2 months was a nice solid 10 pounder around shelly beach :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CEEBEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 12:05pm
CEEBEE View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Very nice
I STARTED THE DAY WITH NO FISH AND I STILL HAVE PLENTY LEFT
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sappercatcha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 12:31pm
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by WillzNS WillzNS wrote:

1/12/13 

Went out early sunday morning after the kiwis thrashing. was a bit choppy as my mates boat is not the biggest thing but gets us down and back which is main. was quiet for the first ten mins but everything lit up. Was around 15 knots but we were casting softbait out the back with 3/8 jig heads and getting some nice 400 snaps. Soft bait tend to get the bigger ones this day. biggest one in harbour i have got within the last 2 months was a nice solid 10 pounder around shelly beach :)
you wornt far from the island were you think we were 50m south of you is your boat black
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pure--lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 1:48pm
pure--lure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Always do well at shelly beach mozzie bays also good landbased,plenty of trevs there
http://www.facebook.com/groups/hibiscus.coast.fishing/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pure--lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 1:49pm
pure--lure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

go to the far left ir straight of for gurnard and kahawai and pannies
http://www.facebook.com/groups/hibiscus.coast.fishing/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillzNS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 3:26pm
WillzNS View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

yeah mate well dark blue would of looked black on sun tho. heard a few people been coming close to us to mark near the spots me and 2 brothers fish at but its all good lol :) plenty out there just need to know where
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sappercatcha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 3:40pm
Platinum
Platinum

yeah mate well dark blue would of looked black on sun tho. heard a few people been coming close to us to mark near the spots me and 2 brothers fish at but its all good lol :) plenty out there just need to know where
I have been fishing round there for about 4 years now when I first started it was in a 3m parker craft with an 8hp in it now I have a 4.3m fishcity and have had a few others in-between I have a mark in my gps ive had for the 4 years that I found just by chance one day and you guys were right on top of it lol ill be honest and say yours is only one of 2 or 3 other boats ive seen thereSmile so im keeping quiet as to location lol
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillzNS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 3:56pm
WillzNS View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

sweet as mate my good mates father fished that area for years before hand he showed his sons the spots and how to get there :) they live out in hellensville and stayed near shelly beach before hand. Harry Hetariki is his name. Yup lips sealed :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sappercatcha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 4:18pm
Platinum
Platinum

yeah im In helensville so my local fishing is shelly beach haven't herd the name....
I don't often stay in close only when the weather is looking a bit dodge I find the average size is often better out a bit  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote savager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 8:07pm
savager View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I fish the Kaipara a lot ..lucky shes massive and plenty of good spots My favourites are around the entrance 20lb+

if its not worth eating its not worth killing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sappercatcha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 9:42pm
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by savager savager wrote:

I fish the Kaipara a lot ..lucky shes massive and plenty of good spots My favourites are around the entrance 20lb+

I like going up that way too however you have to pick your days can get pretty nasty up there
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote H2O_dependant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 12:30pm
H2O_dependant View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

snapper are schooling outside the entrance currently - all the charter boats fishing 30 - 50m outside entrance - we were out there 2 weeks ago and got our limit of snapper in about an hour once we found the fish - took 2 hours to find them though, plus a dozen kahawhai for the smoker. biggest snap 19lb - 3 fish over 10lb in 2 minutes then with no baits down (and in 50m deep) the fish moved off. back up harbour by midday
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillzNS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 12:47pm
WillzNS View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

good fishing season in harbour this year
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sappercatcha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 2:17pm
Platinum
Platinum

good fishing season in harbour this year
yep its shaping to be the best in a long time
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daz500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2013 at 6:00am
daz500 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I was getting nice schoolies just past the concrete mark the other day on softies pumpkin seed jigging grub the best and had kingies smashing mullet everywhere , heading out this morning for a look around ,

Daz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daz500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2013 at 8:55pm
daz500 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

did a run up past the concrete mark for a soft bait session this morning things were fairly slow with a few pannies coming on board every now and then ended with 13 snaps 1 gurnard ,and found a new scallop bed , cant seem to load photos I must of missed something ,

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2013 at 6:50am
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good on ya mate, what time of the tide was it and what was the drift like, pumpkin seed again?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillzNS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2013 at 7:10am
WillzNS View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

nice going there mate yup i have heard a few reports from some locals about concrete marker also fu=ish a bit past there and the green marker
Page  123 33>