BP Bait - Funny

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote dirtyharry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BP Bait - Funny
    Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 4:43am
dirtyharry View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Had to laugh LOL when I saw this pic on the BP bait freezer.

Anyone else see what's wrong with the advertising?Wink

I waste most of my money on fishing tackle. The rest I invest in women and booze.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Double Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 5:38am
Double Shot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Caught on a jig...
70ml of 90deg C water pressurised through 13g of roasted finely ground tamped coffee for 25sec's to make a distinguishing sensory hit called a Double Shot    
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 5:41am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Yeah, the pillies and squid are dearer than my jigsLOL and at the end of the day, i still have my jigs
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 9:24am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It astounds me how such large organizations like BP have marketing guys who draw up this sort of stuff, and it gets past the proof reading....
This sort of incompetent BS is so damn common these days..and the powers to be let them get away with it.
And lets rub salt into the wound while at it......
Im not sure, but is that not a fresh water fish, a carp of some type?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 10:43am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Giving them the benefit of the doubt ... guess it could be a trev.
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 11:19am
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

More like a terakihi?
That's expensive bait, especially when you can get fresh squid for $8 /Kg at PnS!
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 4:38pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah funny that.. hit the fresh fish bar there and about a buck cheaper/ kilo than the frozen bait in the freezer on the other side of the row.
Same for mullet.. thu thats usually cheaper at the wet fish shop, and tev and teriki even cheaper still... S mackerel cheapest at about 3 or 4 bucks a kg.
Then the frames etc get used for even cheaper burly.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote miktaras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 4:53pm
miktaras View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hahahaha caught on the jig that happened to me once at a hoedown.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 5:13pm
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by bazza bazza wrote:

A trev??? Bazza! Give yourself an uppercut!LOL

Crap signage, crap quality freezer burnt mushy bait... You'd only buy that shyte as a last resort.

< id="adlesse_unifier_magic_element_id" style="display:none;">
What's the cheapest type of meat? Dear balls. They're under a buck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 5:49pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by Finatic Finatic wrote:

Originally posted by bazza bazza wrote:

A trev??? Bazza! Give yourself an uppercut!LOL

Crap signage, crap quality freezer burnt mushy bait... You'd only buy that shyte as a last resort.

< id="adlesse_unifier_magic_element_id" style="display:none;">

Was referring to the graphics re the fish on the jig which had been suggested might be a freshwater species.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SNOWKIWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 5:51pm
SNOWKIWI View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I agree, an advertising blunder, and all you Fullaz that have a gripe with B.P. should let them know, the company that I work for, contracts to B.P. and, and in my experience, B.P. will be very interested to hear your comments, and will do something about a fix! Its a well known fact that the major oil companies (including B.P.) make more profit from their coffee and shop sales, than they do from fuel sales!!!
It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing, by people who can't fish.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 6:50pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have to say the ones up here in Keri and my local at Waipapa have great bait as the owner of both, Darren, is a fishermen and very good at it to has good bait imo very good bait and likes to sell to those also in the know, he has baits for swords etc down to the humble snaps so not all are bad
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote dirtyharry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 7:36pm
dirtyharry View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Pic was taken on my phone so not as good as could be but yep the fish is a snapper and the lure is a cheapo plastic ky lure - check out your local BP for proof.  The prices made me cringe even though I don't buy bait from servos but the pic made me giggle.
I waste most of my money on fishing tackle. The rest I invest in women and booze.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 7:51pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Looks a bit pointy nosed for a snapper but maybe it was hanging from the jig for a day or two.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 8:00pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by dirtyharry dirtyharry wrote:

Pic was taken on my phone so not as good as could be but yep the fish is a snapper and the lure is a cheapo plastic ky lure - check out your local BP for proof.  The prices made me cringe even though I don't buy bait from servos but the pic made me giggle.

bait catching is the best part of our day mate, and now I will be sitting in the pit with a cattle prodder no longer o the bridgeLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Twocan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 8:50pm
Twocan View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Blue Asparagus Blue Asparagus wrote:

Originally posted by dirtyharry dirtyharry wrote:

bait catching is the best part of our day mate, and now I will be sitting in the pit with a cattle prodder no longer o the bridgeLOL

This concerns me.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 8:51am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That a snapper?  no way still damn sure its a carp or perch type fish..thu fresh water fish is definately not one of my strong points
"I agree, an advertising blunder,..."  thats polite..
now if that was a labour or storeman..with such a serious incompetent public cock up , would they still have a job?
No.. polite description mellows out high salary incompetence...call it what it really is...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote herby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 8:58am
herby View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Looks similar to this:

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 9:01am
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

....but that one's no good herby~~it's got a hole initShocked
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote herby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 12:09pm
herby View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It's famous too.
Was featured in Fishing News, and now lives in a jar at Te Papa, he's the biggest one in their collection and the most southern capture.
Page  12>