2013/2014 updates - West Coast- Raglan to Ahipara

Page  <1234 33>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 1:34pm
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'll give it two more weeks then off for a squizz ........ counting
Aye-Aye cloth eyes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BullT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 1:15pm
BullT View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Sorry don't know if they were skippies or albies, not much of a game fish veteran yet and couldn't tell from 50m away.  They looked reasonable size.  And no temp gauge either after i converted the wiring from furuno to lowrance!  Another boat did a TR out to 120m & I know a guy going out today for a game fish so will let you know any other oil.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gowest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 1:39pm
Gowest View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

God stuff Bull, starting to heat up. One will get nailed befor enew years im pikin
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Living Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 3:26pm
Reel Living View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Out yesterday from little huia, skipjack and albies from 60m to 120m, best temp 19.8
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 3:40pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Only a rumour at this stage but I heard from someone who heard from someone ... a marlin off Port Waikato at 70m. Sounds awfully close for an early one, If it is true I'm guessing everyone will hear about it shortly
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Double Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 3:47pm
Double Shot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Smudge you know the effect rumours have now...
70ml of 90deg C water pressurised through 13g of roasted finely ground tamped coffee for 25sec's to make a distinguishing sensory hit called a Double Shot    
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 3:55pm
Fletch View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Overnight fuel sales going through the roof . Wouldn't have shares would you smudge?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 4:03pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Hehe nah but it is too juicy not to share, I'll try and find out more.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hookerpuka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 4:21pm
hookerpuka View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Your a bad man smudge... 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 4:26pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Well it's Friday, the weather over the west coast is perfect, if nothing else there will be a million boats out there doing it this weekend and by Sunday night we'll know if there are any fish here yet. Big smile.

Must ... get ...boat...ready....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Double Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 5:01pm
Double Shot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

A cunning plan Smudge, you sure you don't have fuel company shares...?
70ml of 90deg C water pressurised through 13g of roasted finely ground tamped coffee for 25sec's to make a distinguishing sensory hit called a Double Shot    
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote P.T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 5:30pm
P.T View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Only a rumour at this stage but I heard from someone who heard from someone ... a marlin off Port Waikato at 70m. Sounds awfully close for an early one, If it is true I'm guessing everyone will hear about it shortly

I heard 250mtr of port waikato 2 weeks ago temp was around 20.5 some guy in a 5 mtr stabi went 117 k
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 6:05pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Oh well I guess thast 250m fish was like the 70m fish PT. Big smile. Nothing heard, Smudge clear.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 9:23pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I forgot the chat channel for the west coast, 80 for coastguard but chat I've gone blank think it was 63?
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HULK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 9:39pm
HULK View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

81 for coastguard and 63 for chat from memory
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2013 at 12:15am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Yepp
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Sho_gun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2013 at 5:31pm
Sho_gun View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Shot out over the Manukau bar for a troll this morning.
Found the blueish water at 65m, set a tuna spread... saw something big free jumping around 85m could not tell if it was Marlin or Mako (probably the latter). Temp was jumping from 18.2 to 20.3 all the way out to 100m. Nothing but Dolphins from 120m to 130m and consistent temp at 20.2 so headed back to 70m to troll the temp breaks. Hit the Albies there and put a few in the bag. On one run past the school we sighted another big fish smashing up the Albies. Again did not get good enough look to confirm Marlin or Shark and it disappeared pretty quick.
Had to pull the pin soon after as tide was going out and needed to rip the boat out at Huia before it was too late.
Good luck to those heading out over the next few weeks... someone's gotta nail one soon!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2013 at 8:20pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

So that was you shogun, we ran the 100m line my temp readings were different probably the equipment, but we showed temps of 20.2-20.8, after lunch 21.8.
Low level sign overall, skips, albies, large shark, dolphins, petrels, some gannets.There were bait fish around in small groups.
Finished at the back of the bar plagued by kawhai so got out the lite gear while we looked for some snaps. Got busted by a nice king, had another round the boat but the shark , bloody shark got the livy first. picked up fresh macs and used those to peel in some very nice snaps thankyou.
So in the bin, snaps, macks, kawhai, albies and a skip. No beaks but soon .......
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dunwurkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2013 at 9:10am
Dunwurkn View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Day out yesterday set the gear at 70m where the water started to get blue, out to 130 with not much happening temp 20.1 most of the time,, went south and back in to 85 whete temp improved to 20.8 and started pcking up skippys and albies. Same are saw a big commotion in the distance so headed over and a big work up of dolphins feeding on something and a few gannets in the action but no resut from that. 5 hours trolling and no marlin seen but enough there to get m out there again soon. Quick stop for snaps on the way hm and filled the bin quickly at 45m so came home wth a good feed.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scorpian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2013 at 10:52am
scorpian View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Sounds pretty fishy out there, could be a good Christmas for someone.
Mattoo where did you pick up the Macks inside or outside the harbour ? I've never had much luck finding them on that side. Mind you, always a bit impatient to get going, doesn't help.
Page  <1234 33>