Strip Strike Club

Page  <12345 9>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote matto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2013 at 8:02pm
matto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good ****e,three of us are on meola reef now,still to early maybe.but the oysters are keeping our back casts high.great idea tore,more the better.i will get the IT department to face page the club on the inter web!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tennut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2013 at 7:55pm
tennut View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Tore Tore wrote:

Originally posted by Kevin.S Kevin.S wrote:

Yes, you should set up a FB account Matto. Wink
Wonder if there are any members in the Franklin area in the club yet? I'd like to do something similar down here with the casting etc. And would like to learn more about the swoff opportunities on the Awhitu peninsula...

Definitely up for that Tore, I'm in Waiuku.

Cool! Let's try to get together next week. See if there are any more who'd like to join...
Hope this is OK Matto?
                                      Hi Tore, I am at Patumahoe as well, just a thought,, we have an arena that is made of some kind of sand,, if anyone wants you are welcome to come and have a casting session here, there is plenty of room,,only no water!! It may suit to have ago in the evening after tea, whatever, just need a day or so notice to have pony riders organised! The offer is open to anyone, don't want to get to complicated,turn up, chat, cast, chat,whatever,, , Cheers Pat
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 12:37pm
Tore View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi mate, cool! We should do that. 3 of us so far in the Franklin branch. Big smile
Aim for Friday maybe?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tennut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 2:04pm
tennut View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yep, Friday be fine, just let me know what time suits you best, I will sort,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 2:42pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sounds good to me, I need to get some practice.  Last time I tried on water I could have thrown the fly further than I was casting it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tennut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 3:40pm
tennut View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi Kevin, I know what you mean about throwing the fly!!,,You guys are most welcome to come round, I reckon we should have a week or two of casting practise, then go and try for a kahawai or Great White or something !!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote matto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 7:41am
matto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

We are now facebooked Strip Strike Fly Fishing Club , This will be a good place to start chatting about the fishing day 30th November, I am thinking of going pure fly strolling some coastline for kingfish/kahawai as its new territory for me (land based) and i am keen to take a look around, others might bring boats and kayaks . If  enough people are interested we could arrange a kayak hire company to be there ? Brent Condon will have some great advise on Kayak fly fishing. Tore is now doing some friday casting sessions for members south auckland.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ahab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 12:07pm
Ahab View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Good that the club is on facebook, Matto. I have a fair few photos to post to the wall if you guys want that kind of thing.

T.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote matto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 2:59pm
matto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

That's the sort of wall stuff Ahab,we are all suckers for fish chat and pictures.How about a bit of profile as Brent and I have done?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Humpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 5:59pm
Humpy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Anyone going to Pt Chev tomorrow night? Haven't been able to get there yet but can make it tomorrow and don't want to look like a Wally casting there by myself!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote matto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 6:47pm
matto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hi Humpy , there will be a few casters , you could even bring shorts and a few flies as the tide will be high. See you there
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 10:10pm
Tore View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

For the Franklin "branch" Smile:
Should we meet behind Patumahoe Primary instead? Pat it occurred to me that grass is more kind to the lines than sand/gravel. 1830hrs?
If you have anything you'd like to try let me know. Sage or Redington. Who's coming? Pat, Kevin, me...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 10:42pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I think I should be able to make that.  I have to go and help set up some camping stuff for a school camp, but that should be finished in the afternoon now.  Not sure where the primary school is in Patumahoe, but I'm sure it can't be hard to find.  I'm a complete beginner and just need to get some basic practice in.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote matto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 6:03am
matto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Tore , could you post those details on the Strip Strike Facebook page ? it looks like we will be casting to the north and casting to the south Thumbs Up I hope there will be some fish caught this week end too.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tennut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 6:13am
tennut View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

For the Franklin "branch" Smile:
Should we meet behind Patumahoe Primary instead? Pat it occurred to me that grass is more kind to the lines than sand/gravel. 1830hrs?
If you have anything you'd like to try let me know. Sage or Redington. Who's coming? Pat, Kevin, me...
                                           Hi Tore, yep that's a good idea, I wondered about the dry sand thing,,I will be there 6 30 tonight,I just bought my setup, and been to busy to get out, am looking forward to trying it out!! Kevin,, come into Patumahoe,, go from supermarket  on right and Butchers CafĂ© on left, its only about 300 metres or so to school  on way to Pukekohe ,, go just past school and turn left, you will see the fields and big carpark on left, I will be in gray Colorado ute,, Cheers Pat
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ahab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 6:49am
Ahab View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Great to see that the club is sprouting branches! I won't be able to make tonight's sorry, I have a dinner to celebrate finishing my Secondary Teaching Diploma. 

I'll be fishing Sunday, though, a true dawnie a little way north of Auckers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 7:09am
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Congrats on the teaching diploma Tom!

Very brave man stepping into the world of secondary teaching Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote matto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 7:54am
matto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

yeah , good on you Tom. You may well change the course of many a young person with your infectious passion for fishing, otherwise saving them from a life of commitment to career ,family and responsibilityLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 6:29pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well, the franklin branch meeting on Friday was great.  My casting was noticeably improved by the end of the evening , although I'll admit that I was starting from a fairly low point.  It was very interesting to have a go with different rods and lines, especially as I have no experience of fly fishing, it gave me a greater appreciation of how different stuff works.  I think some shooting heads will be finding their way into my tackle box at some time.  Thanks guys, definitely keen to do it again.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote matto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 9:26pm
matto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great to hear Kevin , a bunch of westies had a good session at Pt Chev too, there were some birds working out in the bay and it was looking really fishy. In two weeks time the tides will be right and we might have an on-water session. Gordy showed me how useful the reddington practice rod is for developing straight line path, as a "club " asset let me know if anyone wants to have it for a week. Thanks again Tore ! 
Page  <12345 9>