cts softbait first build

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rosewood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cts softbait first build
    Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 10:37pm
rosewood View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Well finally finished so thought id share after all the info ive picked up from everyone..

Been wanting to build a rod for a while so finally took the plunge with a cts blank for a light soft bait stick..Have been using an offshore illusion 4-8kg for a while now, cant really fault it but wanted something a little lighter and sensitive. the cts 4-6kg seemed to fit the bill.

Muppet kindly donated a broken xzoga mastery which he didn't high stick on a big northland trev..Winkcheers mate.. 

Managed to cut it up and a bit of turning on a lathe salvaged a few parts from the handle assembly..fuji dps reel seat and blue ali winding checks and trims..Thumbs Up 

Most of the parts ordered from mudhole..Fuji Sic KL, KT guides and FT tip in gunsmoke. turned up the  grips on the power wrapper and went with rubberised cork butt..went for something a bit different on the fore grip..really like the way it turned out..

Simple thread work.. black with a metallic blue spiral and silverback trim (the siverback wasn't quite the colour I was expecting but ran with it anyway)..underwrapped the first guide..

A bit of thread work above the fore grip with a hook keeper..

All epoxied and ready for its first outing Thumbs Up

Not perfect but still pretty stoked with how it turned out for a first build. A Big thanks to Badfish for all the advice, your a legend mate. Has been a lot of learning along the way but really enjoyed every minute of it. might need a breather before starting the next one though..LOL

rosewood
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 7:05am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Clap Very nice mate, well done.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishing Addiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 7:41am
Fishing Addiction View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That was bloody good of you Muppet to donate your old rod. Looks bloody good. If its the same blank as the yeehaa 703 then this will be a sick as rod. I love mine to bits
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 7:50am
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Well done looks great .   ClapClapThumbs Up 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote crashcoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 11:18pm
crashcoco View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Nice work mate. Looks even better up close.
Hoping I can get my thread work as sharp as yours. Thumbs UpClap

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 470NE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 2:52pm
470NE View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

great job!
Those CTS blanks are magic!