Tuna tubes?????

Page  <123>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gowest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 9:38am
Gowest View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Anyone know of any good web sites for the pumps at all? Looking for 3600 - 3800GPH???
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote T-Time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 7:32pm
T-Time View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Saw a bargain at the Whangarei Savebarn a couple of weeks ago.
A copy of the RULE 3800 pumps, probably made in China but they were <$100 so maybe worth a go unless you want the real deal.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote widerange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 7:55pm
widerange View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The bloke at lusty and blundell assured me the rule 3800gph bilge pump is the same as the rule 3800 live well pump,except ,that is,for the price(oh,and the red bit on the bottom is different).
My 1 is still goin after 4 years and it double as the pump for the deckhose too,so does a fair bit of service
Bout half the price
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gowest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 8:31pm
Gowest View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah widerange that's exactly what Im planning to do with my set up. T-Time, you got any details to contact that store mate? Im having a prick of a time trying to find something online. Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AlexFyssher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 9:16pm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gowest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 9:23pm
Gowest View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cheers Alex
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote redone967 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 9:28pm
redone967 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I reckon 2 1600 pumps a chad, then you can turn one off if ya only pick up a single, if one 3600 feeding 2 tubes  ****s the bed your  baits are done, less draw on batteries and weight over the arse in trailer boat senarios too, just my opinion
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ELEVAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 9:56pm
ELEVAR View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

the rule17a  pumps do draw a hell of a lot! the one battery runs flat even when motoring if im live baiting, always pays to have at least two good battery's. that save barn pump sure looks the same as a rule, if you could make a plate to bolt to the bottom for feed you should be away 

zac
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gowest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 12:06pm
Gowest View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by redone967 redone967 wrote:

I reckon 2 1600 pumps a chad, then you can turn one off if ya only pick up a single, if one 3600 feeding 2 tubes  ****s the bed your  baits are done, less draw on batteries and weight over the arse in trailer boat senarios too, just my opinion

Yeah that's a good point there Dion. I do have two batteries on board so don't think that should be a problem. Planning on having the pump serve a wash down hose as well. Few things to think about there.
For the same price would I be better off getting a Rule 3600GPH pump second hand or the savebarn pump new with 90 day return warranty? Any thoughts on that one guys?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gowest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 12:08pm
Gowest View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Better get moving on this little project, be time to get the gear in out wide before you know it!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote T-Time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 8:10pm
T-Time View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I have a Rule 3800 pump and it runs two tubes with an isolation valve to throttle flow between each. It's dedicated to the tubes and I run a separate pump for the livebait tank and another for the deckwash.
If it were me, I'd have a crack at the cheaper pumps from Savebarn as once you have the bracket made, even if it does fail in a couple of years time, you could replace with another, or buy the rule pump and retrofit using the old bracket. Should save you a small fortune too.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gritty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 2:48pm
Gritty View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Rav. Ive just ordered a rh650 from mat at auckland marine centre. I get it end jan. Im looking to put some tuna tubes on. How much extra were these stainless ones if you dont mind me asking?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote segador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 9:45pm
segador View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

selling these for 100 per tube if anyone is interested and dont worry bonze they wont have your logo on the ones i sell
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote swordfishsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 7:26am
swordfishsteve View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Hi Troy
I am keen on a couple of your tubes, what is the inside diameter of the tube and the thread in the hose socket at bottom size? cheers swordfishsteve
REEL REPAIR GUY - Swordfishsteve, That Is Who I Am and That is What I Do : See More At :www.reelrepairguy.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote segador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 7:36am
segador View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

hay steve there 150 diameter and 38mm inlet which fits rule pumps but can get them made to whatever size you want and can paint them whatever colour you want too

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote segador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 7:38am
segador View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

hay gritty those stainless ones are crazy money get pvc then paint them silver

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gritty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 8:52am
Gritty View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Yeah I dont really care bout the colour. Ill get senator to plumb in and ill supply them.cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kasper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 10:55pm
kasper View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Do you have any of these tubes in stock
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phatt Daddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 10:41pm
Phatt Daddy View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

just finished building my new bait tank and 2 new tuna tubes for my new build refit two tubes at 200mm with convert to 12 slimey or yellow tail tubes, took a bit of thinking outside the square but as small tuna are hard to come by the multiple slimey tubes will do the trick and I have found all size marlin eat yellow tail, matter of time now, our season has got underway with blues and blacks turning up

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 7:17am
Muzzfishing View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Phatt Daddy Phatt Daddy wrote:

just finished building my new bait tank and 2 new tuna tubes for my new build refit two tubes at 200mm with convert to 12 slimey or yellow tail tubes, took a bit of thinking outside the square but as small tuna are hard to come by the multiple slimey tubes will do the trick and I have found all size marlin eat yellow tail, matter of time now, our season has got underway with blues and blacks turning up

Have you got any pictures of your set up sounds good.
    A Good Skipper Keeps the water on the outside of the boat.
Page  <123>