the weiti

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cheechy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the weiti
    Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 10:37am
cheechy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

went up the river last nite to see if there was any action ended up with 5 good size kahawai for the smoker pretty dam cold though only stayed there for about  a 1hr.1/2  feet were getting numb time to go home

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 10:41am
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

grew up on the coast mate and spent a lot of time in the weiti river some good fishing there and heaps of flounder if you have a net.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SufixRockMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 11:09am
SufixRockMan View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

was smoked there once by a monster snapper. paul remembers it, haha.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Seasider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 11:16am
Seasider View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

november 1989 we pull 2 trevs 9.5kg and 9.8 kg fishing in the mouth on the stillwater side!!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cheechy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 11:23am
cheechy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

caught a trevally up there a few weeks ago went almost 4 kg caught on my bait rod lol
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cheechy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 11:28am
cheechy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

he took me to one of his spots in wairewa ended up coming home with a good feed snapper and kw
wana try get those trevys u cn see sitting in between the pile ons
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 12:32pm
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Mate caught an 85cm kingy from the Weiti earlier in the year. It was following a stingray around as they're known to do.< id="adlesse_unifier_magic_element_id" style="display:none;">
What's the cheapest type of meat? Dear balls. They're under a buck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cheechy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 12:45pm
cheechy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

they not too far away i had three hanging round wen i was tryna catch some trevally there some big ones there hooked one kingi but had no gaff.........not to hard to figure out wat happened next he wouldve  legal bt not huge
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wikipeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 8:12pm
Wikipeter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Anyone keen to go for a flounder soon? I don't have a net and always thought the channel in the weiti was a bit deep to spear. I'm up in Arkles
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cheechy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 9:45pm
cheechy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

keen as bro
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wikipeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 10:32pm
Wikipeter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Pmd ya bud, Complete rookie but god loves a trier. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Owenpeli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2022 at 2:54pm
Owenpeli View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

how big do you think it was?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Owenpeli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 12:19pm
Owenpeli View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I live 15 minutes drive from the weiti river, very good fishing spot, I have personally caught a 45cm snapper there, along with a trevalley about the same size and a 55cm kahawai. At the moment I’m trying to catch a dogfish/shark in the weiti river so if anyone has advice on it that would be helpful
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slidebaiter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2024 at 9:40am
Slidebaiter View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi folks, 
I have fished the Warf a couple of times with not much success, not complaining about that, as the old saying goes, a bad days fishing is better than a good days work.

Can anyone please help with how I access the Weiti river from Duck River road? I am planning on taking my son and his girlfriend fishing (American lass on holiday in Gods own, never been fishing, she actually studies fish / ichthyology (she had me at 'hello' I've told me lad that is a keeper right there).

I digress, I was thinking sabikis for my prospective daughter in law (seeing any New Zealand fish large or small in the wild is a thrill for her) and the plan was to take a couple of surf-casters...my sofbait set up, and Live bait spin rod and reel for the heck of it.

I have driven down Duck River rd once before looking for access, unfortunately I did not have time to park and walk to see where you can get to the River.

Any help much appreciated. 

Thanks. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slidebaiter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 5:15pm
Slidebaiter View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by Slidebaiter Slidebaiter wrote:

Hi folks, 
I have fished the Warf a couple of times with not much success, not complaining about that, as the old saying goes, a bad days fishing is better than a good days work.

Can anyone please help with how I access the Weiti river from Duck River road? I am planning on taking my son and his girlfriend fishing (American lass on holiday in Gods own, never been fishing, she actually studies fish / ichthyology (she had me at 'hello' I've told me lad that is a keeper right there).

I digress, I was thinking sabikis for my prospective daughter in law (seeing any New Zealand fish large or small in the wild is a thrill for her) and the plan was to take a couple of surf-casters...my sofbait set up, and Live bait spin rod and reel for the heck of it.

I have driven down Duck River rd once before looking for access, unfortunately I did not have time to park and walk to see where you can get to the River.

Any help much appreciated. 

Thanks. 

Google maps I see there is a track through some bush on the side off Duck creek road, presumably it is a park and walk in along the track till you get to an accessible bank of the Weiti?