GPS Spots - Houhora to the Nine Pin

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GPS Spots - Houhora to the Nine Pin
    Posted: 19 May 2005 at 11:20am
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks Adam....

Garden Patch Gut aka Paua Gut?

I am Kermit, Leader of Muppets Nov 05
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote obald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 11:38am
obald View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Hmm - what a pleasant sight upon which to feast the eyes on a grey late May morning.
Random musings on all sorts of things http://obaldnz.blogspot.com/

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 11:43am
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

again I appologise for the 500pixel extention for these images, but I think the information is important......do as I say not as I do....

thanx.....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote obald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 11:49am
obald View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Not a problem, FL. I assume your offer to upgrade all Gold Members to 30 inch Apple Cinema Displays is still valid.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 11:50am
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

Very very cool.
Nobody has ever come up with a great idea after a second bottle of water.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 6:08am
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

How far is the 505 from a ramp, as I've seen a couple of trailer boats out that far. Had an ally cat cross directly in front of us, on the Garden Patch, and hook a Blue!
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 6:54am
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

32.8nm from Houhora Heads.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote obald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 7:19am
obald View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

And its the same distance back - worth bearing in mind if the winds for the day have any West in them.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 7:21am
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

and I can tell you this. Its a long trip back when the wind comes from the west and you are in a trailer boat.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Adam Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 8:41am
Adam Scott View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah the waters around Karikari can get snotty, when you get the water coming out of Doubtless and also coming out from Houhora meeting around off Karikari there, with a NE swell hitting the rise around he Garden patch, the seas can get steep. Not nice in any boat let along a trailer boat.

The area names are not very hard to figure out why they are called them, except for maybe the Clay Works. This got its name because to find it in the days before GSP's you had to line the Clayworks on the hill at Matauri bay up with the end of the bay or something and head out to the 200m line (I think). 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Plonker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 4:50pm
Plonker View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I think it's the tip of Little Step Island?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote odin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2005 at 11:09pm
odin View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Kerren

You could add Maramahuta to the map. It is on the 100m line directly into Doubtless from the Berghan pins. Is an old hapuka spot that also produces Marlin & Mako.

Also I think you have Cavalli seamount around 35-40 miles too close in (by my reckoning is around 68NM out) It is a big day in a trailer boat.

Cheers

odin

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2005 at 6:02am
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

email me the GPS co-ords and happy to add them...

Cavalli Seamounts and the 60mile ground one and the same?...Adam??

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Adam Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2005 at 7:26am
Platinum
Platinum

No its not, the 60 mile ground would be a hell of a day in a trailer boat. the sea mount is outside the dropoff in around 600m and you can actually see it on the map.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2005 at 7:31am
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I didn't think so either Adam.....just wanted to get some clarification on Odin's post.

Odin...

I assume it is the 60mile Ground you are refering to that is 68miles off the coast?? I have fished out there with Primetime and you are right it is a bloody long way, where as the Cav Seamounts are much closer.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote obald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2005 at 7:37am
obald View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

I see an argument coming up     

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2005 at 7:50am
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

prepared to place your bets early Obald??.....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote obald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2005 at 8:11am
obald View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

A. Scott $1.07 - not worth the investment.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote odin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2005 at 8:20am
odin View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi Kerren

Maramahuta

34 51.889 S       173 33.269 E

Cavalli Seamount

34 11.323 S       174 05.752 E

Cheers

odin

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Adam Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2005 at 9:28am
Platinum
Platinum

This is the grounds you're talking about Odin. Have you seriously fished them in a trailer boat?? Got bigger nads than me thats for sure!

Page  12>