Raglan report

Page  <1 5859606162 72>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 2:48pm
Muzzfishing View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice work Smurf, now you know why Raglan Rocks.
    A Good Skipper Keeps the water on the outside of the boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 9:47pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

šŸ‘Love it šŸ‘
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 9:35pm
Platinum
Platinum

A slow day fishing today, was greeted by Surfers and some good waves this morning at Manu Bay. Launched the boat and waited for some smaller waves before before making the run out to the 50 meter mark. Sea was better than I thought it would, be with a nice meter plus swell and no wind chop.  Fishing was slow, ended up with 15 snappers and 7 nince Gurnard. Ky were around and the dreaded Coutas we lost quite few traces. They seemed to like my mates shiny sinkers.  The sea was going straight over the top of the wall at Manu bay with a good surge going up the ramp, made it interesting getting the boat back on the trailer.                  
All in all agood day out fish for tea,  and didnt brake anything used 13.5lts petrol for 36.5km.Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smurfatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 7:35am
smurfatnz View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Nice work Muzz Thumbs Up good size fish where they 
Did you retrieve on the high tide Muzz

Originally posted by Muzzfishing Muzzfishing wrote:

A slow day fishing today, was greeted by Surfers and some good waves this morning at Manu Bay. Launched the boat and waited for some smaller waves before before making the run out to the 50 meter mark. Sea was better than I thought it would, be with a nice meter plus swell and no wind chop.  Fishing was slow, ended up with 15 snappers and 7 nince Gurnard. Ky were around and the dreaded Coutas we lost quite few traces. They seemed to like my mates shiny sinkers.  The sea was going straight over the top of the wall at Manu bay with a good surge going up the ramp, made it interesting getting the boat back on the trailer.                  
All in all agood day out fish for tea,  and didnt brake anything used 13.5lts petrol for 36.5km.Big smile
Crank that smoker up and lets get cooking
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 3:33pm
Platinum
Platinum

Yes around high tide and compared to last trip fish were pretty average. 36-44cm and a couple going close to 60cm.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 3:01pm
tjm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice one Muzz, picking up new boat Sat week so hope the weather settles soon. Looking forward to getting back into it Thumbs Up
Cant beat hunting and Fishing in N.Z
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote churbay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 10:35pm
churbay View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Anyone been out lately? Any idea what depth?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 9:29am
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Weathers been rubbish.   With the odd small window not lining up for me. I hoped to by Xmas but not holding my breath
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote -mAdfis HO- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 7:32pm
-mAdfis HO- View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Got out with Rob on venturer out of Kawhia on Wed. Epic day, flat as. Fished one spot at 47m, limit in 5 hours. PB 21lb for me šŸ˜šŸ˜
FiShInG rOcKs! ChEeRs -mAdfis HO-

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 7:56pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bruv thats epic!! Well done...wicked
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 9:30pm
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Shot! mAdfis HO, nice Snap....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote tjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 9:08am
tjm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice Fish !! Christened the new boat at Raglan last Saturday, flat on the bar, out to 35m for a start, mainly small fish and a bit slow. Cruised out to 40 plus m but Juri hooked a huge blue shark on the first drop which decided to circle the boat until the braid broke on the anchor rope. I also hooked one so we decided to shift. The weather was starting to get a bit dodgy so we moved into about 40m between Ruapuke and indicators. Fishing was still slow but Juri got some good sized Gurnard and  an assortment of other species.
Trip back in the chop was non eventful, Surtees 700 GF is a very good boat, smoother than our old 6.1 gamefisher. Hopefully the weather will settle and the fishing improves. Heard some on on the R.T. at 100m had hooked a very large Tuna!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 9:36pm
Platinum
Platinum

Out yesterday 50m,  Gurnard were coming aboard 3 to 1 for every Snapper.                 Blue Sharks turned up and became a nuisance so we moved out further to 52m.              More Snapper than Gurnard now and 1 Terakihi  sharks found us again so pulled the pin, another good day out west Was surprised to see alot of the Snapper still had roe in them.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 9:17am
tjm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good work, sharks are a bit of a nuisance at the moment, interesting that some of the fish still have roe in them
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 8:34am
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Quick trip out as it turned out - planned for a snapper sesson. Been told fishing is tough and patchy at best.

2 mates went out same day, one did 30m then 40m for 4 hours for two kawhia. Other took his kid into the harbour and got 4 snapper. Got me thinking.
So I went to 9-11m and got ready for a big wait. As it happened I couldnā€™t get to the bottom with multiple hook ups. Limited out in just over an hour - insane action. Nothing too big apart from a horse of a Gurnard. Hooked a kawhia for 20 20 cricket sushimi and we were done. Driving back to Hamilton at 9.30am eating my packed lunch and drinking my coffee. Missus thought something had gone wrong when I pulled up in the drive so early haha.

Just one of those days .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 11:31am
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Reel Deal Reel Deal wrote:

Quick trip out as it turned out - planned for a snapper sesson. Been told fishing is tough and patchy at best.

2 mates went out same day, one did 30m then 40m for 4 hours for two kawhia. Other took his kid into the harbour and got 4 snapper. Got me thinking.
So I went to 9-11m and got ready for a big wait. As it happened I couldnā€™t get to the bottom with multiple hook ups. Limited out in just over an hour - insane action. Nothing too big apart from a horse of a Gurnard. Hooked a kawhia for 20 20 cricket sushimi and we were done. Driving back to Hamilton at 9.30am eating my packed lunch and drinking my coffee. Missus thought something had gone wrong when I pulled up in the drive so early haha.

Just one of those days .
Nice Reel DealWink Try a Whole fillet Kahawai two hook Strayline casted way off boat in that depth next time. Big ones are there not as many as they have spawned and most bugger off to where i don't know! I come in that close as well during these hot next few months. Hope to get out  2moro test the theoryLOL Keep it up. Cheers.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 8:12pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Haha SG like minds. Did the split tuna head 2 hook stray line 1990;styles but ended up with a clean frame on hook when retrieved. Also dropped a primo small kawahi livie down on JD rig with no luck - took me about 6 snapper to finish tieing that rig !! Hot action.

Thatā€™s it for me this month boat goes for service at end of month - freezer loaded with snapper west coast and Tarahiki from east coast.

Only curve ball is 3 Germans my brother in Melbourne has sent my way who might be keen to go out. Not sure when.

Loving this summer weather.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote churbay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 1:33pm
churbay View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Anyone been out lately? What depth?
Saturday is looking good at this stage.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote churbay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 5:49pm
churbay View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Swell map was a bit off so plan B'd in the harbour. 1st was was just tiddlers like the harbour is known for. 2nd spot was near the entrance. Managed 8 snaps from 30 to 40 cm. Tide was incoming and the bite dropped off once it got to high tide.
Pleasantly surprised and got a nice feed
Chur Bay
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 8:36am
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes swell map got it way wrong...predicted morning 4 knots and I was punching through 20knots and the sharp large chop that came with it. Mate with me had Bouy Weather that got it spot on.... I stayed out and picked up 6 snapper and 5 gurnard - even was able to pour a coffee is the white caps.
Page  <1 5859606162 72>