Kiwisaver

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kiwisaver
    Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 12:45pm
smelli View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Any Kiwisaver gurus/experts in here ? Got it thru work and want to make sure have got myself in the right scheme/place and bit of advice and also join wife up thru her work into a scheme.

PM me please..
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=717361
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 12:52pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

You have PM
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 6:51pm
Muzzfishing View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I started a kiwi saver scheme for my kids so they would get the $1000.00 start up in there account about 3yrs ago, now they only have $900.00 losing money every year. 
Be careful and do some research.  
    A Good Skipper Keeps the water on the outside of the boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 7:43pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

More money for the wanabe Wall St bumholes to play with and cock up the financial markets again. No thanks.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Structfab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 7:57pm
Structfab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Muzzfishing Muzzfishing wrote:

I started a kiwi saver scheme for my kids so they would get the $1000.00 start up in there account about 3yrs ago, now they only have $900.00 losing money every year. 
WTF that's terrible! bank fees or poor investment strategies?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hookerpuka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 8:01pm
hookerpuka View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Really ? I started mine 4 years ago and it now has about 27k in it...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Structfab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 8:04pm
Structfab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by hookerpuka hookerpuka wrote:

kids don't have % of income going in each year.
the question is if you'd saved 4% of your income over 4 years, and invested in term deposits and the like, would you have more then that $27K?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 8:05pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

thats cause your adding to it bro....

I got mine thru work as well Daryl I let westpac deal with it all
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hookerpuka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 8:05pm
hookerpuka View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

No
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jaydogfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 8:19pm
jaydogfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Structfab Structfab wrote:

the question is if you'd saved 4% of your income over 4 years, and invested in term deposits and the like, would you have more then that $27K?

Are you serious? How would you have more? Your employer puts in atleast 2% and the government puts in a bit every year 500-1000. You can pick a scheme to be high or low risk. I think you should be more worried about the whole thing getting canned like the last few retirement schemes but i doubt this will happen.
THE DOGG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Structfab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 8:24pm
Structfab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by jaydogfish jaydogfish wrote:

Originally posted by Structfab Structfab wrote:

Are you serious? How would you have more? Your employer puts in atleast 2% and the government puts in a bit every year 500-1000. You can pick a scheme to be high or low risk. I think you should be more worried about the whole thing getting canned like the last few retirement schemes but i doubt this will happen.
yeah right, forgot about the employer contribution. I don't have it.
But its s**t how the kids are loosing money thru it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mullins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 8:28pm
Mullins View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hardly out of the ordinary for an investment to lose money in the short term.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 8:42pm
Catchit View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Kiwi Saver = just another tax
"We gave Sir Peter a knighthood," Mr Key said, "And if we could give him a second one, we would."

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ab_Fab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 8:43pm
Ab_Fab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hmmm, so you are still $900 better off for each child than if you would not have started a Kiwisaver at all as the govt put in the $1000? Also no point looking at these type of investments after 3 years, they are for the long term and will go up and down in that time
What will a blonde girl say when you tell her she's pregnant? A: is it mine?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 8:46pm
Cbro View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I might have joined kiwi saver if I was employed not self employed...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cigar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 8:54pm
Cigar View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Ab_Fab Ab_Fab wrote:

Hmmm, so you are still $900 better off for each child than if you would not have started a Kiwisaver at all as the govt put in the $1000? Also no point looking at these type of investments after 3 years, they are for the long term and will go up and down in that time
Exactly, the kids are $900 up, not $100 down.
The employer contribution can be a crock, my work takes it off your "total package" salary anyway, so effectively there is no employer contribution.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 8:57pm
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I put my money into a house insteadThumbs Up

< style="display:none;" id="adlesse_unifier_magic_element_id">
What's the cheapest type of meat? Dear balls. They're under a buck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote daveo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 8:59pm
daveo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Money for jam... crazy not to join
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 9:06pm
Muzzfishing View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yes they are still better off, what I am seeing as because the scheme is not making anything then they take there fees off it goes down quicker. Old saying got to have money to make money.
We always tell new staff to join the s/scheme at work for every dollar we put in company puts in the same then you get interest on your money and companies contribution. If you leave before 10yrs you are not entitled to all the companies contribution. And you can not touch the money  until you leave. 
I am all for the schemes just have a good look at which one you want to invest your money. 
    A Good Skipper Keeps the water on the outside of the boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dutchy_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 9:13pm
Dutchy_fisher View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Cbro Cbro wrote:

I might have joined kiwi saver if I was employed not self employed...

i got joined when it first started while in the army then got shipped off so i couldn't vote out in the 3 month period. 

now im self employed and get a bill. cant get out of it either. just another taxAngryOuch
always keen for a fish! 0220901730

http://www.theworldwidefishingclub.com
Page  12>