waste disposal / chipper burley

Page  <123>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Quick silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 9:07pm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 9:12pm
Time_Bandit View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

really thats no that big at all will keep my eye out for one
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote dirtyharry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 7:24pm
dirtyharry View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Check out this thread

http://www.fishing.net.nz/asp_forums/burley-machines-best-option_topic59273_post884781.html?KW=#884781
I waste most of my money on fishing tackle. The rest I invest in women and booze.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 8:22pm
Platinum
Platinum

sweet mate looks like the way to go alright

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AndreA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2013 at 6:42pm
AndreA View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

f*#k it all & f*#king no regrets
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PJSPEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2013 at 2:52pm
PJSPEAR View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

my burley chipper works great even on frozen whole fish

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2013 at 5:58pm
Platinum
Platinum

that looks the trick how bigger motor is on that ?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PJSPEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2013 at 12:41pm
PJSPEAR View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

not sure I think its 1500watts maybe 2000 but it will destroy whole frozen kys easily just the head needs a push with a stick. and had to modify the top to fit fish in it.
it has a blade set up like a lawn mower so its easy to remove the blades to sharpen ect

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Got-ya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 6:20pm
Got-ya View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by PJSPEAR PJSPEAR wrote:

my burley chipper works great even on frozen whole fish

Do you mind if I ask where those bags/plastic tubes can be bought? Have been looking for a while with no luck.Cry
THERE ARE TWO KINDS OF FISHERMAN, THOSE WHO FISH FOR SPORT AND THOSE THAT CATCH SOMETHING.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Got-ya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 6:50pm
Got-ya View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I made this, works well on 12 or 24 volt and is useful to process mullet frames after a bait mission down the river (no mess at home) or for a strayline session.

THERE ARE TWO KINDS OF FISHERMAN, THOSE WHO FISH FOR SPORT AND THOSE THAT CATCH SOMETHING.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PJSPEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 1:33pm
PJSPEAR View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I got the bags off trade me was $20 for 20m and you just cut it to size and cable tie up the ends  

or if you want bulk 250m

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 2:38pm
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi PJ I've been following this with interest...im sick of spending money on berley! Where did you get your chipper from? 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PJSPEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 2:57pm
PJSPEAR View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

got given it from a mate but have seen them at bunnings before. its defiantly worth it would probably cost 50c to make a 4kg bomb. its all about recycling nowadays isn't it haha.LOL  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PJSPEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 3:07pm
PJSPEAR View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 3:12pm
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

awesome thanks mate. Roll on next week and some calm weather...

Quick question to see if anyone else has thought of it/done it.... has anyone hired a full on commercial chipper/shredder from a hire place to do a big bomb up on the berley and if so, how easy is it to clean them after? Was thinking I may do a summers worth in an afternoon if I had the right gear and could get a couple of mates keen too to split costs...set up a bit of a production line.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fissure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 6:26pm
Fissure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

ought to do that after albie season cuzzy...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 6:35pm
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah...im thinking ill go load up with trout, crabs, ky, herrings, cray frames, paua hua and other bits and pieces and do a hell brew. You keen Richie? We coud hire a mega chipper...there may be a few of the other fellas keen too
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fissure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 7:15pm
Fissure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

could be the go after saving up some frames. mega chipper it is, do it right.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote davv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 10:01pm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 5:27am
Platinum
Platinum

i have had mincers like that they dont work that well hence why i started this thread want something that does it fast and takes big bits of fish

Page  <123>