Manukau Harbour & West Coast fishing

Page  <1 168169170171172 288>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Roofless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 11:00pm
Roofless View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by fish-feeder fish-feeder wrote:

How far out us the 300mtr mark man. Good catch there. I'd love to fish for puka,but the winch on my torpedo set up only holds 10kms if line.....if that.

From huia boat ramp over 47ks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AlexRecurve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 12:46pm
AlexRecurve View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

You're gonna need a longer string Fish-feeder! Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 3:27pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by AlexRecurve AlexRecurve wrote:

You're gonna need a longer string Fish-feeder!
Wink

Haha,Jesus...ain't that the truth man. Man 47km out,I've been out maybe 20km and that was scary enough for me,I don't like not being able to see the land while on a boat.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 4:47pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by fish-feeder fish-feeder wrote:

Originally posted by AlexRecurve AlexRecurve wrote:

You're gonna need a longer string Fish-feeder!
Wink

Haha,Jesus...ain't that the truth man. Man 47km out,I've been out maybe 20km and that was scary enough for me,I don't like not being able to see the land while on a boat.

I can sympathise. I often think that when watching Kerry Flowers' and Coxie's Youtube clips - one kayaks out from Ahipara etc a lot, the other is a keen forum man and as you probably know, jet skis. 
I wonder if they occasionally have those moments when they think 'Man, I'm all alone out here', or alternatively, feel like someone's watching them.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Roofless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 5:21pm
Roofless View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

You can still see land 47ks out you can still see land at the 1400 meter mark and its a unusual feeling as the sun goes down and your that far out.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 6:20pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

1400mtrs? Is it that deep 47 km out? Sheet a brick, I found it hard seeing the gap between whatipu and south head at 20odd kms out. Out with a guy that made his own biodiesel and the penta stopped cause filters kept clogging, then we had to run the bar after changing filters 2 times. Never went out on that boat again,and I was still owed a trip.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Roofless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 7:28pm
Roofless View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nah the 1400 is a lot lot further out , at night when you have the underwater light on there is some very strange stuff out there
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote paihia panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 8:13pm
paihia panther View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

always catch a feed off beach dont need to go far out
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 8:29pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It is funny how some people react to losing sight of land. A lifetime hunting mate who is 6ft4" and a pick axe or two across the shoulders is perfectly happy chasing pigs and deer around in the bush, but was standing on the back of Tagit as we headed out wide of North Cape for a might fish and I thought he looked a bit strange. Turned out he was a bit panicked about losing sight of land. Told him that although he was a pretty good swimmer it wouldn't matter if we were 10 miles out or 40 miles because he wasn't going to swim home either way. Not sure he appreciated the comforting thought though Evil Smile. Will admit though I am in the habit of taking a final compass bearing as land disappears from view and there isn't much sense in that either.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote slayliner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 9:01am
slayliner View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

When your out that far you can see why they call NZ "the land of the long white cloud" , thats all you can see .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 6:05pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Drakar 1 and I went for a snapper,KY,Trev,shark and octopus fish today thought we may have picked up a carrot or two as bycatch but I think the local boys have plundered the stocks.Nice to chat with Mars when we came back in.
Understand some hard work had been done to the TeToro ramp facilities, nice one guys .As a visitor to the region it's top notch and appreciated.
Got a feed at the end of the day and it was a pleasant morning.
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 6:38pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

What sort of fish made up the catch Skunk.Snapper Kai ,Trevs and octo.? Have been thinking Manukau again lately.

Shocked to hear you caught no Gurnard. Last winter they seemed a bit thin on the ground.
Anyone been getting any in the harbour of late,or is it still too early.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CrayZfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 7:27pm
CrayZfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Had the boys out on the harbour, targeting those early gurnard which for two hours stayed away for us too, we still managed a nice feed with the three nice snaps and a late lone carrot before the dreaded red weed smothered the hooks. Agree it was a nice morning out there.
Why choose either diving or fishing when you can do both. Besides crayfish tail is very good bait!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 8:18pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by skunk skunk wrote:

Drakar 1 and I went for a snapper,KY,Trev,shark and octopus fish today thought we may have picked up a carrot or two as bycatch but I think the local boys have plundered the stocks.Nice to chat with Mars when we came back in.
Understand some hard work had been done to the TeToro ramp facilities, nice one guys .As a visitor to the region it's top notch and appreciated.

Sounds like you were fishing deep Skunk? And you're welcome re Te Toro
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 8:19pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by cirrus cirrus wrote:

What sort of fish made up the catch Skunk.Snapper Kai ,Trevs and octo.? Have been thinking Manukau again lately.

Shocked to hear you caught no Gurnard. Last winter they seemed a bit thin on the ground.

We've been catching a few Cirrus, our biggest so far only a kilo but they are definately around
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 8:21pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by CrayZfish CrayZfish wrote:

Had the boys out on the harbour, targeting those early gurnard which for two hours stayed away for us too, we still managed a nice feed with the three nice snaps and a late lone carrot before the dreaded red weed smothered the hooks. Agree it was a nice morning out there.
Those snapper look decent Mr B. There are some good ones being caught lately.

Arron was out this afternoon and got a heap of kahawai, a trev, three gurnard and three nice snaps
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 8:24pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

[QUOTE=cirrus] What sort of fish made up the catch Skunk.Snapper Kai ,Trevs and octo.? Have been thinking Manukau again lately.

[/QrUOTE]

Yep all that Cirrus, the octi was a real stonker tooπŸ˜€
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 8:30pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Originally posted by skunk skunk wrote:

Sounds like you were fishing deep Skunk? And you're welcome re Te Toro

Mmm 3m- 5m Smudge.
At 17degrees is the water temp up there? or kinda normal.
I think we just crap gurnard fushers actually 😏
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 8:33pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Were you fishing we you often see us? I guessed you were somewhere rocky to get an octopus
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 8:39pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

On the eastern side of the Waiuku channel past Matakawau I guess.
Just a random spot..
Page  <1 168169170171172 288>