Manukau Harbour & West Coast fishing

Page  <1 203204205206207 288>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote r20b_pp@hotmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 8:06pm
[email protected] View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

https://m.facebook.com/NorcrossFishing/

Check this on out mate stood on it while launching
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 10:55am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Shot out yesterday from te toro with an old mate and his brother up from H Bay. Headed up to the papakura channel for a fish for a feed 2hrs each side of low tide.
Slow fishing , a couple 32cm +carrots in the bin and a small KY.
Just before the top of the tide decided to pull the pick and do a slow drift . down off the bank.

Another nice KY.. which got dropped at the boat and a 43cm carrot
Bit of a boil up near the end pin of the channel on the way home, so crawled upto it , killed engine and drifted into it and started to throw out some soft baits... Hit with good sized KY, pulled one in... But due to inexperience of crew, things quickly turned into a tangle of lines..Biol up ended and headed home.
Happy chappies, intention achieved, good company and a feed for all families in the bin.

Getting home came across another nice looking Commander, slowly catching up flat water 3800 rpm cruise 37 mph.  crawled past and he put his foot down... So as one does, I did so as well.. I got to 4500 rpms and was pulling away, so just left it there then  backed off heading into towards side clacks beach.
Had a good chat at the ramp, had good look at each other boats, comparing notes on set ups etc
I would have to say his old commander is one, no is the nicest original commander have ever seen... and also well set up inside and a nice well powered 135hp on the back

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote CrayZfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 8:12pm
CrayZfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Interesting first trip out post lockdown. After first finding the boat tank had been siphoned by the little bastards that broke into our two cars a fortnight ago. Makes me wonder how long they were in my driveway while I was home. I just hope the 5 month old fuel causes havoc with their engines.

Anyway onto the fishing. We only planned on a couple hours of the outgoing tide. So stayed local. First drop in 4m off matakawau turned into 39cm Gurnard twins for oldest son. Another a few mins later for son no2 then quiet. We up anchored to follow the retreating tide line into 7m. Quiet to start then a good wife landed a very nice 46cm model followed by a nice kahawai. Awesome to be out again. And on return weighed the beast. A family and boat PB of 1.17kg. Not too shabby.
Why choose either diving or fishing when you can do both. Besides crayfish tail is very good bait!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (4) Likes(4)   Quote r20b_pp@hotmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 10:42pm
Silver
Silver

Well after my last post I thought huia banks would have been full of boats today but not so. Quite slow today but ended with a few schools passing through which filled the bin nicely. Home by 1pm dinner prepared & a few beers before the rugby awesome
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 5:49am
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice Catch Gumboot!Beer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 6:55am
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

wow gumboot gurnard heaven !
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 7:59am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Nice work there CrayZfish and Gumboot.We had a easonable catch yesterday down towards the airport
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 10:44am
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

A few nice carrots yesterday down by the airport , you must have been fishing close to us Smudge .

COVID is no joke !
One former patient was so brain damaged after , he thought he won an election he lost by 7 million votes .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Far Quirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 2:14pm
Far Quirk View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Saturday 4/7/20  7:30 to 11:30 am

Launched Mangere Bridge and went straight to Big Bay, which has produced good catches of gurnard in the past.  Not this time, only KY and one small snapper, but we kept the snapper and a few KY for eating and bait.  Moved over to Mako Pt to try to escape the KY, but quiet there, so moved to the Snapakura channel and set up for the outgoing tide.

Tried big KY baits, big mullet baits, half bullet tuna and whole squid, but apart from one nice 44cm gurnard, only small sharks and baby snapper released.  After promising my mate a big snapper or 2, bit disappointed, but maybe it's getting a bit late in the season.  Good to see Skoti and Smudge guarding their Spot X nearby and they got a few gurnard.

Might try the Huia banks next time.  Anyone prepared to give away a spot X?  It's a pretty big area.  I've tried in the middle of Huia Bay at the 5 to 10m mark, and also the shallow channel in front of Kaitarakihi Bay, but only average success there.

Far Quirk - I'm goin' fishn!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Johnny Watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 5:52pm
Johnny Watson View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by gumboot gumboot wrote:

Well after my last post I thought huia banks would have been full of boats today but not so. Quite slow today but ended with a few schools passing through which filled the bin nicely. Home by 1pm dinner prepared & a few beers before the rugby awesome

That's an impressive haul of quality carrots there Gumboot!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote r20b_pp@hotmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 6:53pm
Silver
Silver

Thanks Johnny w been good with the carrots lately.
Dont pull like a kingfish tho mate . I got this in the harbour in feb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Johnny Watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 7:15pm
Platinum
Platinum

Haha you're right they certainly don't, but always good catching different species in good numbers when specifically setting out to do so.

That's a real nice harbour king mate. Real long bugger aye.

Drop me a PM before you head up to Whangaroa mate and I'll give you some intel on what has worked on the kings for me 👍
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote r20b_pp@hotmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 7:43pm
Silver
Silver

Awesome thanks mate . If you on the manukau in the summer let me know I'm there most weekends targeting kings. I'll pay you back on that Intel . Went just shy off 22kg
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Johnny Watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 7:58pm
Platinum
Platinum

That's a real good one for the harbour! Sounds good mate always been keen to tangle with some west coast kings. Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote r20b_pp@hotmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 6:12pm
Silver
Silver

Well went out Saturday early morning joined by a mate again huia banks doing the damage. Didn't take long and the secret mullet bait doing the job. Home & a few beers by 2 ready for the game off the year.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 6:33pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The question I ask myself what does one do with so many Gurnard,must love filliting??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Johnny Watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 6:46pm
Platinum
Platinum

That's a whopper! Epic haul, well done
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 7:03pm
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by gumboot gumboot wrote:

Well went out Saturday early morning joined by a mate again huia banks doing the damage. Didn't take long and the secret mullet bait doing the job. Home & a few beers by 2 ready for the game off the year.

Good catch , was out on Friday for one gurnard and one kahawai !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BananaBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 7:25pm
BananaBoat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

far out.... big buggar
did you measure its length
what weight did it go
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CrayZfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 7:35pm
CrayZfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Well done Gumboot. That's a nice catch. How big was the one in the photo. Looks huge
Why choose either diving or fishing when you can do both. Besides crayfish tail is very good bait!!
Page  <1 203204205206207 288>