Manukau Harbour & West Coast fishing

Page  <1 89101112 288>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingfishers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 7:32pm
kingfishers View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thats cool bro.. will cu guys in couple of days time.. just getting over jetlag.. lol.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 7:57am
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by coxie coxie wrote:

Awesome catch CJ, lets hope theres more of these bigger model snapper around as things get warmer.

Kevin - All of those fish bar 1 gurnard were caught straight out from Matakawau boat ramp.

Was was you in the white hardtop then (nice boat).  I said you must be catching well there as we passed on our way back as you were there when we went out and still in the same spot when we went home.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 7:50pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

No that wasn't me Kevin, those people came and anchored up about 50m away from me and about 30 mins later I packed up and went home (around 3pm I think?), but yeah that was the spot I was fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Club Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2013 at 6:25am
Club Matt View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Tongue Yep K Y running well yesterday so I managed to get the smoke house cranked up with a few coldies while I was waiting!! Small snapper just starting to show up now so might head into shallow water next time out to stop the plague harassing the baits!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2013 at 1:39pm
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Looks yummy Gerald Thumbs Up
COVID is no joke !
One former patient was so brain damaged after , he thought he won an election he lost by 7 million votes .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Club Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 10:36pm
Club Matt View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Their were some nice fat Sea Trout in the harbor last week as John Moran and myself discovered.
Landing some nice big ones, it was noted how half the time the fish were Broaching out of water and taking out line {  just like mini marlins we reckon } So we had a good morning out on the salt
only just managed to get the buggers in the dish washer!! 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 10:54pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

nice report. and nice to see smiles and to see john out there fishing. Was  that a gurnard i saw. Are there still a few around.? Thought they may have moved out by this time of year.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snapper12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 9:00am
Snapper12 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi Guys any one here can please share some good fishing places in the manukau harbour and also over the bar.Havent fished in these waters.Also what would the best tide to cross the bar.

thanks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 9:10am
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

over the bar,right in front of hamiltons gap at maybe the 30-40mtr mark.In saying that ive nailed some big snaps only 1-2km off the beach with my kite,which would most likely be in around 10mtrs of water. For gurnard try straight off matakawau ramp,maybe 400mtrs out.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snapper12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 9:35am
Snapper12 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks for this info Fish- feeder.Will go out when weather is good.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Club Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 4:00pm
Club Matt View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by fish-feeder fish-feeder wrote:

over the bar,right in front of hamiltons gap at maybe the 30-40mtr mark.In saying that ive nailed some big snaps only 1-2km off the beach with my kite,which would most likely be in around 10mtrs of water. For gurnard try straight off matakawau ramp,maybe 400mtrs out.

Yep Number 6 marker is fishing well for Gurnard too & their hitting baby squid on the hook at the moment in big numbers! Recurve 4/0 Mustard Demons are the flavour at the moment. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snapper12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 7:28pm
Snapper12 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

thanks Club-Matt.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 9:05pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I haven't been out on the muddy for a few weeks now because i've been out enjoying what the east coast has to offer, good to hear the gurnard are still around though, hopefully the weather will give me a chance to get out this weekend
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 7:41pm
Mars View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Having a crack tomorrow. New territory for us, so should be interesting. Will report in with results. Wish us luck!  Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Club Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2013 at 1:36pm
Club Matt View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Smile WE WILL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2013 at 1:57pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Let us know how you get on -and where the fish are, hoping to get out tomorrow as the weather is looking good.  Maybe Sunday as well if I'm lucky.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2013 at 8:17pm
Mars View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Didn't do too well really, but better than work! Tried near the tripod, heaps of sign but only got in a couple of hours around top of the tide before the currents blew us out. Lots of small snapper, maybe half a dozen legal, but only kept one. 
On the way back to Te Toro stopped at Kauritatapuhi & Matakawau in the shallow channels looking for some late season grunters. Lucked out there but hit the motherload jackpot of baby tope and spotty sharks, and a stingray on light tackle. 
Enjoyed the day out, but need to do a bit more learning in this patch.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Club Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2013 at 2:25pm
Club Matt View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I managed to get out twice this week on the muddy, on Thursday with my eldest brother from Southland that had come up for a weeks holiday & go to the Counties v Southland Shield challenge. We kept the shield, But I sent him home with a smile on his face when I took him out for a morning fish on the harbour. Kept  9 Gurnard & a 4& half Pound Snapper, so he flew home with some nice Manukau fillets !! in his walk on bag & the 23kg bag with all Matakawua Bach's Grapefruit in it.
they treat them like Bluff Oysters down their they recon!
I fished Saturday myself & picked up another 13 Gurnard but lost 2 brand new flasher rigs to either a bloody big shark or a BarryKudaa !  Scotty recons! just came in twice and chopped the lot clean as a wissile  so I shifted around a bit.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2013 at 3:28pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

How are all those carrots being held .... does the guy have an extra set of fingers on his left hand or are the gurnard all strung together thru the gills?
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2013 at 7:55pm
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ha ! !
Barrycudda , very appropriate when the ol man goes through my tackle-box , all the flash gear goes Ouch LOL
COVID is no joke !
One former patient was so brain damaged after , he thought he won an election he lost by 7 million votes .
Page  <1 89101112 288>