Manukau Harbour & West Coast fishing

Page  <12345 288>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 12:42pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

You're the barracouta king Coxie!

Cirrus, join us at Te Toro for the Ice Breaker comp next weekend, we'll show you where the gurnard are Big smile
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 6:25pm
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Mmmm 'couta , could do with a few of those for 'puka bait Smile
Gotta be better than all the spiney dogs I caught yesterday Ouch
COVID is no joke !
One former patient was so brain damaged after , he thought he won an election he lost by 7 million votes .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 6:36pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

hahaha the waiuku channel today right up and nothing but a couple small ky.heaps of boats out today tho .was a great day to be on the water been a LONG TIME COMING so still happy camper hereBig smile
i just want to go fishing..........amd ignore all my adult problems
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spaceships Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 6:53pm
spaceships View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

weymouth ramp this arvo. Took my daughter out by airport and fished off the edge of channel. Got a couple of nice gurnard and half dozen kahawai.  Nice quick fish.  Beautiful day.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daz500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 7:18pm
daz500 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

we have a few of those spiny things up our way too , we had a great session on last 2 hours of the ebb then picked up about 6 nice carrots on softbaits  while at anchor , ended day with about  20 nice gurnard biggest going about 1.2  average  around 1kg,  next month the big ones   turn up ,

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dominus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 7:38pm
Dominus View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

We went for a 4 hour fish on Saturday between the Purakau green buoy and the Tripod.
Glassy conditions and plenty of  boats out. No Gurnard for us but plenty of Kahawai.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 9:58pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

So you drew a blank as well on the gurnard front. Maybe you were among the boats coming into french bay late afternoon. Seems like very hard fishing in that area yesterday. Seemed to be a lot of sediment-mud  in the water in parts yesterday. Maybe that played a part
That Green tripod. Have seen it not too far away when fishing the purukau. Is that on the Papakura Channel
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 10:05pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Caught around 7 gurnard and another 20+ kahawai today this time in the shallows between the Waiuku channel and the Ropers channel? (I think it's called that). This time the kahawai were alot smaller than on saturday.

Smudge - No barracouta came aboard today, and it's been the girls who've caught the last 5 of them haha, i'm hoping they stay away from my bait too. Heres a pic of the smaller one from saturday, shows how good the weather was too!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 11:58pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Nice Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote samax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 9:44am
samax View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

we had a better day saturday than sunday a went out sunday and got a coupl of gurnard and heaps of kahawai let most of them go but still kept a bit of a feed.
also what is the go for burley does anyone use it out on the manukau and what were the results.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FlawOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 12:04pm
FlawOne View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Launched Cornwallis on late Saturday afternoon and took advantage of the ideal conditions.

Fished the top of outgoing tide on the edge of the Karore bank and Papakura channel with a mate, harbor was a MILLPOND!

Fishing was slow to start with but as the current got flowing I began to feel the familiar tickle of Gurnard playing with our baits.
Being a newbie to the art of hooking Gurnard my mate quickly had some catching up to do!
Ended up keeping 8 in the bin up to approx 1.2Kg, mainly smaller males. Not too bad for a couple of hours fishing on the muddy Manukau.

Heaps of phosphorescence in the water on the way back to Cornwallis as it got darker

I had a small burley down a meter or so above the bottom. I personally find this helps to bring and hold the Gurnard closer to the boat and If you chose your spot right you shouldn't get too much shark hassles.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote zukman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 12:25pm
zukman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

We were out yesterday.Fished Sargents for an hour for no bites.Moved up to 1a off the airport.Fished 3hrs of the incomming for 15 carrots between 350 & 460 in length & 4 smallish ky.Not a bad day for us.Roll on the Icebreaker.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote zukman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 10:23pm
zukman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 10:32pm
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice !
Save some for the weekend though LOL
COVID is no joke !
One former patient was so brain damaged after , he thought he won an election he lost by 7 million votes .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 10:43pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Good work Carey.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote zukman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 10:53pm
zukman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

They were all fighters.Thought they were kahawai at first.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 8:30am
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Far out  -  Thats a SWEET catch.  Real good going!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote samax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 2:56pm
samax View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

anyone else head out yesterday and find the gurnard size to be pretty good. we got 3 fish around the 1.8 kg mark before the wind got up.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote samax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 3:41pm
samax View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

also did anyone see the orcas in the harbour?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishin' Chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 9:19pm
Fishin' Chick View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

in the manukau? where abouts? 
Page  <12345 288>