bayswater marina water barrier

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ycha223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bayswater marina water barrier
    Posted: 23 May 2013 at 10:02am
ycha223 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Does anyone know if we can fish on the water barrier? Have fished numerous times on the wharf but have not yet tried to go out on the barrier. Only seen once people fish there not sure if its allowed.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SufixRockMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 12:39pm
SufixRockMan View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

do it and findout you can always ask for forgiveness!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 12:40pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Sure can.

Take my kids there a fair bit

LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mouthu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 4:12pm
mouthu View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I rang and asked a while ago and the answe is yes you can, and yes we have.
Yes it was me, I screwed it up for everyone.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 9:21pm
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

A chap came into the shop a few weeks ago -he said he has been fishing there most of summer and autumn. Says he has hooked over 10 kingfish from here but only landed the one - around 12kg.
He says he used a grey mullet as a livebait that "jumped" onto the platform.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SufixRockMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 9:58pm
Platinum
Platinum

oh the stories we tell.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ycha223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 10:02pm
ycha223 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Aha, have almost forgotten about this thread. Thanks guys, will try it out one day. I assume the water is much deeper out there so probably holds better fishes...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pure--lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 4:51pm
pure--lure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I think where ever theres water theres fish, just got be there at the right time with the right bait or use berley id say any wharf or rocks in around nz will at the very least have kahwai there
http://www.facebook.com/groups/hibiscus.coast.fishing/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SufixRockMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 5:09pm
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by ycha223 ycha223 wrote:

Aha, have almost forgotten about this thread. Thanks guys, will try it out one day. I assume the water is much deeper out there so probably holds better fishes...

i pulled a 19lb fish outta 2m deep water this time last year

ignore depth andy, fish dont care unless the sun is directly overhead. you want structure that holds fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ycha223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 11:57pm
ycha223 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by NoSchist NoSchist wrote:

Originally posted by ycha223 ycha223 wrote:

i pulled a 19lb fish outta 2m deep water this time last year

ignore depth andy, fish dont care unless the sun is directly overhead. you want structure that holds fish.

You mean like rocks and reefs down there aye? Really have to explore where they are, most wharves I go to are sandy bottom, a couple of kahawais around lately though my old man's caught some this morning
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Mrnorthshorefisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 10:26pm
Mrnorthshorefisher View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I've fished there on a incoming and dropping tide. Inside the marina is pretty good. I've heard from a fellow fisherman that his son caught a 47cm snapper. I've landed a few good fish here. Biggest say 58cm. But in the early years this place was booming. Try fish on a sunset or sunrise but don't come to late as the security guard comes and closes the gate. Use a good variety of baits. And plenty of lumo beads, pink floaters etc Bonito,squid,mullet , pilchard and fresh kahawai or believe it or not skate wings. No I'm joking. But any of those baits will get you the big fish. Best for you to come in the morning and see the kahawai jumping. Try use a hex wobbler or a spoon jig.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BananaBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 9:10pm
BananaBoat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Mrnorthshorefisher
whats the current like around there where you fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Kfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2021 at 9:40pm
Kfisher View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

We go there once or twice a week, we've been fishing there for about 18 months now. We've been catching between 33-50cm on rising and dropping tides, with mostly mullet, squid, pilchard, and skipjack tuna. The hooks we use range between 5/0-7/0.Sometimes the gates stay open longer, I don't know why. And at dusk that's when the fishes are biting and sometimes the gates close and that's when the fishes are biting. Some nice Filipino fishermen encouraged us to fish by the old boat house. Lots of stingrays but it does produce some big snappers/kahawai, and you don't have to cast very far. But be careful of the snaggy bottom. My dad fishes heavy by the old boat house the whole night and he does catch a lot of big snappers using big squid and pilchard baits. Dad now says he feels that bonito/skipjack tuna is very good for this area.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2021 at 9:40pm
Kfisher View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 1:11am
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice report.
Sounds like some nice fish caught there.