few pics of land bassed lure caught fish

Page  <1234>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 10:10pm
fish i View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Those 160 long hardies are great for shore jigging. Gromph, you cast them. Checkout shore jigging on youtube
6th place in the inaugural Te Kauwhata Regionals paddle crab division
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pellmell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 8:21am
pellmell View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

great pics ... just gave me inspiration to get out there ... damn the rain ..lol
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Brown Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 8:33am
Brown Dog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Kevin.S Kevin.S wrote:

Enjoyed reading this thread.  What sort of rods & reels are you guys using for this type of fishing?

Early days for me, and still coming to grips with the whole thing but I'm using a couple of rods and reels at the moment....

Rods
1/ Shimano Backbone Elite, 8ft, 6 - 8kg

2/ Berkley Dropshot, 7ft, 3 - 6kg

Reels (both fixed spool)
1/ Okuma Epix EB30

2/ Daiwa Legalis 2500

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 8:47am
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks Brown Dog, I was wondering what people were using.  I have a 6-8kg Catana which is just over 7' long that I have tried some lures with.  Mainly because I happened to already have it, but it seems to be in about the same range as you are using as well.  I have a few odd lures I have picked up around the place, but I think I must try and get some of the Sebille ones.  I've tried mostly on the boat, without much success, and I think I should try land based. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pure--lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 8:08am
pure--lure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hey guys went out yesterday and tired my new setup okuma xfactor 6-8kg and penn 4500ssv spooled with 20lb powerpro and 20lb fluro leader.tried a small rapala popper for quite sometime with no luck also some Zmans and some gulp on 1/4 ounce jig head i had a good knock on a really brown coloured gulp jigging grub missed the hookup part to not expecting it nd boredom...changed over to a Sebile flat shad and omfg they went nut 4 fish on 4 casts was shocked but those trebles are dangerous and blood hard to get out may change to a couple small livebait hooks.im definitely loving the sebiles so seriously contemmplating on changing over to hardbodys altogethor for local fishing
http://www.facebook.com/groups/hibiscus.coast.fishing/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Brown Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 8:41am
Brown Dog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Awesome Rockhopper, what you catchin mate?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pure--lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 9:31am
Titanium
Titanium

Snapper and kahawai berley definitely helped
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Brown Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 8:00am
Brown Dog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Fished the Manukau again yesterday, heaps of workups around low tide, lost 3 fish and 3 lures, Sebile Flat Shad, Sebile Stick Shad,and a Rapala Max Rap...... Ouch$$$$SickCensored
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pure--lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 4:21pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Brown Dog Brown Dog wrote:

Fished the Manukau again yesterday, heaps of workups around low tide, lost 3 fish and 3 lures, Sebile Flat Shad, Sebile Stick Shad,and a Rapala Max Rap...... Ouch$$$$SickCensored
Perhaps up your leader im using 20lb fluro may go to 30lb shortly my favourite lure is the sebile at the moment and top catch are doing them for 30 percent of so pretty good saving
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Brown Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 5:32pm
Brown Dog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Sorry Rockhopp, should've clarified, I lost the fish due to them spitting the hook, rather than busting me off, all my lures where lost over foul ground. That stick shad was working really nicely, and was casting a mile, lost it on the very last cast of the day, which made it all the more painful!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pure--lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 6:12pm
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah we landed around 14-15 kahawai I got 4 on 4 casts with the sebile I set the hooks pretty hard and run a pretty heavy drag. We had some kingys around to chasing kawai but they were nto remotely interested in the shads. The Kahawai were not interested in poppers either have a very small x rap and that didnt interest them either the brown sebile shad was the go but the me mate got one on a $4 warehouse slug but the sebiles were the go.

Heres my thought so far...this is confusing in terms of hardbody etc sinking floating this all makes no sense to me etc

Been lucky so far got softbait sorted there easy caught plenty of fish on them but what I was thinking of buying some bream lures from aussie as they look close to our nz snapper and there designed for it ????? what you reckon also a few piper hardbodys for kingys would be good
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pure--lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 6:15pm
Titanium
Titanium

Also for walking the rocks has anyone got a belt bag or similar for story hardbody lures and maybe some pliers? contemplating in removing trebles and replacing with livebait hooks 1/0s thoe trebles are really hard to remove from kahawais mouth and super sharb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 6:37pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I've just bought some of these. http://www.torpedo7.co.nz/shop/fishing/tackle-bags/tackle-bags-belts/old-harbour-outfitters
I couldn't resist at that price. They arrived today and were much more robust that I expected for the price. Haven't tried them out yet, but apart from looking a bit of a prat they seem like they will be useful. The round pod is open at the bottom so I'm thinking it will be good to hold the rod if you can't put it down while dealing with a fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rockz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 9:48pm
rockz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

hey kevin, what's the diameter of the tubes?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 10:38pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The clear plastic tubes in the main pack are 40mm diameter and 230mm long.  These easily fit all my smaller lures in, and at a push you could squeeze a Halco Rooster in one -but I wasn't thinking about poppers and stick baits.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pure--lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 5:25pm
Titanium
Titanium

Out of interest is anyone keen on a lure fish midday/arvo then a night burley bait seession in whangaparoa Rockz happy to take someone to one of my better spots
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rockz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 7:31pm
rockz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

what day paul? 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pure--lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 8:10pm
Titanium
Titanium

have sunday mondays off so any of those even a saturday night be ok plenty of kahawai round out of interest i anyone livebaiting at the moment is it worth a try for a king at the moment?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cheechy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 7:49am
cheechy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

did u have a go up the river bro? any luck??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rockz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2013 at 6:18pm
rockz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

shot out today for a bit of a test with the lures i got in aussie.
first spot quiet so moved to the northern side of whangaparaoa, water was super clear so that gave me a good look at how they move - turns out i have sinking, suspending and floating bibbed lures so was good to see the difference.
no fish about but did get pack attacked by 3 squid which was quite a surprise!
managed to hook a few but couldn't quite get them to shore.

anyone using a genie clip? some of my split rings are pretty tiny so i think i need some small pliers.
what does everyone else use?
Page  <1234>