fluorocarbon

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mahiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 9:59pm
Mahiman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Hey sappacatcher pm me your address and I will send you a spool of ocean angler fluro to try outt
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sappercatcha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 8:16am
sappercatcha View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Mahiman Mahiman wrote:

Hey sappacatcher pm me your address and I will send you a spool of ocean angler fluro to try outt

oh you the man you dont have to do thatClapClap
will pm my address now
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jackel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 5:41pm
jackel View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hi guys, what about DUEL Fluorocarbon? I have heard its even better than Yo-Zurri. I haven't used fluorocarbon for my snapper/inshore species just for Jigging for kingfish (120lb) so I dont know where to start. Can anyone comment on this? I'm looking at getting some 30lb DUEL. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Potty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 7:27pm
Potty View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by jackel jackel wrote:

Hi guys, what about DUEL Fluorocarbon? I have heard its even better than Yo-Zurri. I haven't used fluorocarbon for my snapper/inshore species just for Jigging for kingfish (120lb) so I dont know where to start. Can anyone comment on this? I'm looking at getting some 30lb DUEL. 

I use the 20lb & 25lb for my softbaiting.
Outstanding performance and hasn't let me down.
The only downside is my local tackle store is taking it off the shelf. Seems cheap is what sells with softbaiting.
Actually ran out of my last duel yesterday and had to use some 20lb black magic, just not the same. 
Keen to know who's stocking the 20lb Duel. 
Love fishing, love my job. It's a bloody shame that they clash.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DIY! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 7:35pm
DIY! View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Duel... better than Yo-Zuri that sounds really good. keen to get some too. anyone?
http://www.actionstations.co.nz

Berkley 2009 and 2010 S/B champ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Starnsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 7:38pm
Starnsy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

is it tinted? if not ill stick with the pink hd carbon..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 7:45pm
PJay View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

I try everything new as it comes along, and keep on going back to Black Magic for value: 20lb for out in the open, 30lb for in the foul, in each case on 10lb Tufline XP.

You need to practice the knots you use with your own combination of braid and leader, and try different knots that suit you and the lines.  This takes time, effort and failed experimentation before you get something you trust.  So that may be why I keep going back to BM.

Everyone has their own style and territory, so saying "This is the best" just by itself doesn't answer any questions at all.

That having been said, there are some fluoros that I find so inconsistent that I won't even try them any more.
PJ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jackel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 8:46pm
jackel View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks for the feedback guys, I have just re-read the packaging in the add for the Duel and its actually Yo-Zuri Duel, sorry if I mislead anyone. Its clear by the way, not tinted. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote YeeHaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 10:20pm
YeeHaa View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

http://yeehaa.co.nz/index.php?route=product/category&path=15_84

we stock large range of duel carbon leaders. they are simply the best softbait carbon leaders on the market. Yes they are better than Yo-zuri range. we also stock Yo-zuri as well as other brands carbon leaders.

WWW.YEEHAA.CO.NZ
(09)5705058
30 Jellicoe Road Panmure
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gmacx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 10:33pm
gmacx View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

any review on hooker tackle fluro? specifically 10lb?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jet_ski_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 11:02pm
Jet_ski_fisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yeeHaa just had a look at  that product. they all say 16lb :)  i like the 100lb good for kings
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 1Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 9:09pm
1Daz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

What is everyone using in 2018? I’ve just bought some pink Momoi 20lb. Pretty bloody thin. I’ll test it out this weekend, well at least get it wet.......
Go the Warriors!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 9:33pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It's interesting that your impression is thin - I'm not sure how accurate the measurements are (probably not that accurate, given Paulus' research into the stated vs actual diameter of braids), but the 20lb pink Momoi on Marine Deals is the same diameter as Black Magic 20lb, according to the spool - both 0.40mm.
They are both supposedly 0.05mm thinner than Vanish - which I guess is so close to be irrelevant.
My perception is that, like braid, the Japanese fluorocarbon brands lead the market in terms of technology. I think thinner means better action for the jighead, and probably more hits, so I use 15lb over sand/mud and never try to pull a decent fish in the boat without a net. But I up the diameter if anywhere near rocky terrain.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Potty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 9:33pm
Potty View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nothings changed I’m still using duel.
30 pd duel delt to this beastie last weekend.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 9:41pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Potty Potty wrote:

Nothings changed I’m still using duel.
30 pd duel delt to this beastie last weekend.

Awesome fish, Potty. Can you give us the model of Duel - if it's like the other Japanese companies, they probably put out half a dozen different types of fluorocarbon with very similar names!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 1Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 10:23pm
1Daz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by The Tamure Kid The Tamure Kid wrote:

It's interesting that your impression is thin - I'm not sure how accurate the measurements are (probably not that accurate, given Paulus' research into the stated vs actual diameter of braids), but the 20lb pink Momoi on Marine Deals is the same diameter as Black Magic 20lb, according to the spool - both 0.40mm.
They are both supposedly 0.05mm thinner than Vanish - which I guess is so close to be irrelevant.
My perception is that, like braid, the Japanese fluorocarbon brands lead the market in terms of technology. I think thinner means better action for the jighead, and probably more hits, so I use 15lb over sand/mud and never try to pull a decent fish in the boat without a net. But I up the diameter if anywhere near rocky terrain.

It’s thinner than 20lb Vanish which is again thinner than 20lb black magic.
Go the Warriors!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Potty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 7:49am
Potty View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Tamure Kid, Yeehaa stock it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 9:54am
Titanium
Titanium

Much appreciated, Potty.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote viscount Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 3:44am
viscount View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I use the blue label suffix and range in lb from 8-30 depending on the ground never been busted off but have been bitten of from snapper.
Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job - Paul Schullery
Page  <12