10-12ft soft plastic rods?

Page  <123
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Michael Jenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 12:28pm
Michael Jenkins View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Dont have a direct answer to the question other than: "none that i'm aware of" if you're in auckland I'd sugest having a look at Greg's shop "go-fish" in northcote and also "Oscarma fishing international" on Dominion road in balmoral, as those are the only 2 places i know of that stock any sort of range of such rods.

Around 12 months ago i was looking for something to flick softplastics, hardbodies, small jigs, light/small poppers & stickbaits from the shore with, it's a big ask to do all of those things with one rod, needed a wide cast weight rating, eventualy settled with getting a daiwa shore jigger SJ96m from japan, 9'6", 2pce, pe 1-2, cast weight 10-60g, fuji k-series guides, parabolic action, it's a bit more expensive that what you're after, the other cheaper option i was close to getting was a daiwa lateo pirates out of australia 10', 2pce, 10-50g, k-guides, parabolic action, mind you that's also over the $150 budget, are you definately constained to that amount or could you wait a few weeks, save up and open up your options a bit?

I really wanted something with k-series (or similar design) guides because when casting light lures with braid as far as you can over and over, wind-knots get old very quickly, especially if they send a $25-30 lure into the sea un-attached (fg knots sudenly seem like less of a hassle when that happens aswell). I prefer the parabolic action of a shore-jigging rod for fishing softies and hardbodies land-bassed compared to a fast taper, a good quality carbon rod with a parabolic action can still cast well and has the advantage of being much more forgiving on the hook-set when fishing short-range with braid, i had been playing with an 8' fast-taper rod before and lost fish when they would surge off and the action of the rod comes up tight, especially with lures/trebbles.

keen to hear what you settle on, how you find it, and how the fishing goes for ya, i reckon fishing artificials from the shore outside of ky spinning and kingfish top-water is under-explored and under-done in this country for now, need more people out-there giving it a go to develop the tackle and techniques.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pure--lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 8:29pm
pure--lure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ive done ok on snapper at that we spot we passed each other mike got some ona 5 inch nuke and a jerk shad on worm hook and 1/2 oz sinker
http://www.facebook.com/groups/hibiscus.coast.fishing/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Plow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 7:26pm
Plow View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I have a 2.88m Ron Thompson 2 piece, 2-12 gram casting weight I am willing to let go of. I purchased this in Sweden when I was living there, and shipped it over with all my stuff. It has been used maybe once in fresh water, so its basically off the shelf. Cost me about 250 bucks and its just collecting dust so am willing or let it go for 50 bucks. Pm me if keen..

Plow.
Legasea Legend, the rest of you should be too, $10 a month.

Page  <123