Trolling Reel

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bonefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trolling Reel
    Posted: 16 May 2013 at 11:55pm
bonefish View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Looking for a new trolling reel for trolling hard lures like Storm Deep Thunder.
Was thinking of Accurate bx2-500 but have been reading of them blowing up.

What do you use.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote swordfishsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 9:14am
swordfishsteve View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Hi Bonefish
Ok as far as Accurates go they are superb quality reels, if you want to discuss them best to talk to Kane at Decoro fishing supplies in Mt Mauganui, ph 0508 545 545, he is the Accurate man, as far as reels to suit deep diving bibed lures I would suggest any of the Jigging master PE range of reels with perhaps the PE7 or PE8 with 80lb braid should be perfect for deep diving lures with plenty of Drag if required, as far as what I use is generally the Avet JX 4.6:1 with 80lb Braid for jigging and trolling bibed lures for Kingfish etc, 
However If you intend to target the tropical species like Big Dogtooth, then I would suggest something like the Alutecnos Gorilla 12C with up to 40lbs of drag pressure out of the box, so there are many reels to choose from to suit, and that is not even going into all the Shimano range of reels which do a great job for this application, cheers swordfishsteve
REEL REPAIR GUY - Swordfishsteve, That Is Who I Am and That is What I Do : See More At :www.reelrepairguy.co.nz