Attention Inflatable Lifejacket Owners

Page  <1 234
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2013 at 8:17am
Catchit View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

""And do you know if it has gas in it then? ""

theres always one, isn't there...
"We gave Sir Peter a knighthood," Mr Key said, "And if we could give him a second one, we would."

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Powerboat Training Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2013 at 9:15am
Powerboat Training View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Inflatable lifejackets are great as they are comfortable and people are more likely to wear them. But if you never open and check yours, you may as well sling a chain round your neck. Corroded gas bottles have been known to wear through the bladders.

If you own an inflatable lifejacket, you MUST open it every 6 months and inflate it orally and leave for 24 hours and have a visusl inspection. If this is too much like hard work for you, buy a foam lifejacket.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tightlines2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2013 at 12:19pm
tightlines2 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Powerboat Training Powerboat Training wrote:

Inflatable lifejackets are great as they are comfortable and people are more likely to wear them. But if you never open and check yours, you may as well sling a chain round your neck. Corroded gas bottles have been known to wear through the bladders.

If you own an inflatable lifejacket, you MUST open it every 6 months and inflate it orally and leave for 24 hours and have a visusl inspection. If this is too much like hard work for you, buy a foam lifejacket.

Welcome to the forums PBT. What you have said here is what we would like to have been told WHEN we purchased these inflatable lifejackets. It is simple once you konw what is required. Thanks for stating is so simply. 
Remember it's not the number of breaths you take that is important in life, but rather the number of times that life takes your breath away.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tightlines2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 9:48pm
tightlines2 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I spoke to another boatie today who had the same experience as I did. He went to put on his PFD, only to have the gas cannister fall outOuch. I'm sure that there are hundreds of these PDF's out there that aren't going to work properly if they put to the test. I'll be talking to some of the retailers/suppliers about my observations and concerns at the boat show. I know that one group of retailers has already looked at addressing the problem.
Remember it's not the number of breaths you take that is important in life, but rather the number of times that life takes your breath away.
Page  <1 234