Hawkes Bay

Page  <1 41424344>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grumpy_old_Git Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 1:50pm
Grumpy_old_Git View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Great report  - keep up the good work. That's what these forums are all about and it's nice to keep up with the fishing around the country - especially for those us like me who can't get out like we used to,
Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote johnybegood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2016 at 12:24pm
johnybegood View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey guys,
Not a report as such but figured this was the best place to inquire.

I'm relocating down to Hawke's Bay (from the big smoke) and will be looking at making some fisho buddies as the boat won't be making the trip. We have family with a bach out at Waimarama and have fished there a few times, but ideally looking to make some mates and go out on some trips. I'm bringing all my fishing and spearfishing gear with me, so anyone with a boat that's looking for someone with good banter, fishing knowledge etc. flick me a PM (and of course I'm more than happy to cover costs, help out with maintenance etc).

Cheers guys Thumbs Up
I just want to jig
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Crayzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 5:32pm
Crayzie View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

A nice day out in the bay yesterday. Nice calm conditions but in spite of the solunar forecast of good fishing it was very slow. We all came home with a feed of gurnard though. Lots of kahawai out there too.
"A day spent fishing cannot be deducted from a person's life"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Epicskwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 5:51pm
Epicskwid View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Ive done alright off the kayak over past few weeks. I'm currently in search of a larger snapper. No ride on another boat with an engine at the moment so i have to persevere with what i've got . 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote YadamSkippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 9:25am
YadamSkippy View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Anyone had a trip out in the bay over the last few weeks? Still full of sharks and red cod or are there a few carrots and snaps around?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Epicskwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 1:40pm
Epicskwid View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I Haven't been out in weeks, with the water temp the dogfish should be hanging around, that said gurnard should still be there
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ruthless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 10:32pm
Ruthless View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Just brought a small FC 390 with a 30 merc.will be fishing inshore. will post pics and hopefully show people you don't need a big boat to catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Ruthless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 10:47pm
Ruthless View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey what happened to rahui.seems like u need him back.this thread comes to a halt.seems like a bit of a character.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ruthless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 10:48pm
Ruthless View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Sorry I forgot to take me phone and take some pictures .got some kahawai and gurnard .just past the north buoy is it.i love those kahawai smoked.they are rippers.hope to go out this weekend
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Brownie19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 7:47am
Brownie19 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey Johnybegood.

Are you still in the Bay and how did your quest go for fisho buddies?

I am relocating to the Bay in the next couple of months and have the same query.  I am a keen boatie fisho plus a bit of a spearo and real keen back country fly fisher.

I am bringing my boat over and would love to see this forum more active to pick up on spots and like minded mates.

Cheers Brownie
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ruthless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 5:23pm
Ruthless View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Yes . I will be out every day I can from 14 Dec. Will post picks.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 7:12pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Brownie19 Brownie19 wrote:

Hey Johnybegood.

Are you still in the Bay and how did your quest go for fisho buddies?

I am relocating to the Bay in the next couple of months and have the same query.  I am a keen boatie fisho plus a bit of a spearo and real keen back country fly fisher.

I am bringing my boat over and would love to see this forum more active to pick up on spots and like minded mates.

Cheers Brownie
I lived in Napier for many years and there are so many places to explore with a fly rod. Sea fishing can be average, but once you get to know all the rivers you should enjoy yourself.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote BFIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 7:04pm
BFIST View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

The fishing is going great off Napier at the moment. A quick 2 hour trip out at the 30m mark produced 17 gurnard and 3 snapper for us!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ruthless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 2:08pm
Ruthless View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Cheers for that and I have a work mate that is saying same thing 30m .nw
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BFIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 6:52pm
BFIST View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

We were East of the Northern Bouy. There were a couple of trawlers around there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ruthless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 8:07pm
Ruthless View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Back from waihau bay.now time to hit the bay.you been out over the christmas.new year
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BFIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 9:09pm
BFIST View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

30m mark East still firing for a mixture of gurnard, snapper and the odd King.

How was Waihau? We are heading there at the end of this month.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ruthless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 10:38pm
Ruthless View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

The weather was insane got out every day.hit orete point couple of good days on terakihi.out in the middle was quiet for one day then it tookoff again.with some nice snapper.went across to the Cape one day .not bad for the FC 390.smashed some kings.it was really enjoyable
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote neil_cb125t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 6:47pm
neil_cb125t View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Moving from palmy to HB in about 6 months - we will be hastings/napier based. Ill be bringing my little 14.6v with us - any good recommendations on ramp locations and fishing areas? 

Ill have to find some fishing buddies also to take out also if any are about who are boat-less :-0

chappy
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote joshaugreon01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 8:32pm
joshaugreon01 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

if this forum is still active i was wondering if anyone has any tips for targeting gurnard on lures i have been trying for a few months now bu i havnt been able to get any.

any help would be appreciated
Page  <1 41424344>