Hawkes Bay

Page  <1234 44>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote simsim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 9:51pm
simsim View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Did you end up going out a couple of weeks ago time bandit? Might try and go out on Tuesday. Will probably head north as forecast is NW. Went out on 25 May up to Waikere for lots of spines and one snap and one gurnard. Stopped at small workup off flat rock on way back to Napier and got good feed of KY. Hopefully not just spinies this week. Have heard there is a few pukka out deeper but forecast doesnt look good enough for this week to head out that way.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote simsim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 3:13pm
simsim View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Didnt end up going out today as weather forecast wasnt great even though it is flat and calm out there now !!!!

Will head out tomorrow mornng and do berley and bait session around tongoia. Any tried there lately?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TCG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 9:25pm
TCG View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Was thinking of going out later in the week and burley up like mad over by Tait's or somewhere there abouts so let me know how you get on, cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote GingaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 6:34am
GingaB View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Friday looks like it will be mint out there. thinking bout sneaking out. any one heard what area they have been catching a few puka in? Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote simsim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 6:45am
simsim View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Went up to Whirinaki reef first thing yesterday and set up a huge burley trail. Didnt want to go too far north due to the forecast. Weather was still and flat. Fished there from change of tide and through bite time. Only got spines again so pulled out of there and went a bit north to Tongoia. Set up the burley trail again bit no touches at all. Headed up to Waipatiki and did some slow jig and softbait drifting for a few drifts but again no touches. Wind then got up so pulled the pin and heading back to Napier channel. Deeper??? Further north???
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BFIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 8:39pm
BFIST View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I'd head out to the wrecks or at least 70m plus to target the terakihi.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HB_fishdive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 8:11pm
HB_fishdive View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Anyone get out on the weekend? We shot up the coast and found a few gurnard in close off waipatiki then headed out deeper and picked up some terakihi before heading back in to beat the wind, was a real nice day on the water considering what was forecast!
It's still worth getting out if ya don't mind working through the spineys!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spoodz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 5:24pm
spoodz View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

This weekend looks good for a winter fish, much happening out at banks/ridge?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishHawkesbay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2013 at 3:17pm
FishHawkesbay View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Went out fishing on friday, headed out to michelles , great sign but only red cod on the drift, anchored up and caught spiny dogs, red cod and bara with only two target specices (Tarakihi) fishing right through the tide  it was dissapointing as  i have heard it has been fishing well, the fish were there but just way to much rubish fish there as well we then  headed back in to a 60m spot and then on to the wreck in 58m not much at all there, great day out and supurb forcast 5 kt var, looks like we wernt quite out deep enough as some good reports of grouper/ snapper out at the ridge on Saturday. any one else get out during the weekend or last week? better luck in two weeks i hope!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HB_fishdive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 6:01pm
HB_fishdive View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey FishHawkesbay, what's the wreck in 58m that you fished ?
Saturday was a superb day on the water down the coast a bit too! Joined sikahill and two others and we spent the morning fighting seals to get our bluenose and raysbream into the boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brenthb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 1:16pm
brenthb1 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey guys,

I am new to boat fishing in the bay.  Have been out on a few charters but don't really know any spots myself other than the close in ones.  How far out do you need to go to get Puka?  I have heard they are in quite close of the back of Bear Island but I don't have a vehicle for beach launching otherwise I would give that and Ocean beach a try for gurnard too.

Cheers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BFIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 12:25am
BFIST View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

How big is your boat brenthb1?

You can pick up Puka quite easily around Nov-Jan just straight out or off the cape in 70m plus. We've caught them right in on the mud in less than 50m around this time of year.

The best places can be around the wrecks in 58 and 68m, you don't even need to be right over the top of them.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brenthb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 9:26am
brenthb1 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi BFIST,  thanks for replying.  
I am keen to head out to some deeper water.  I have got an older 5m Bonito, its got a pretty decent motor but I am still quite cautious about going out too far unless the forecast is a good one. 

Where are the wrecks that people talk about on here?  Are they wrecks or structures? 

Cheers,

Brent.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 5:59pm
Time_Bandit View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

wnet out to pania today try out the new electronics , drag a few lures round got couple of k/y heaps of cuda.
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BFIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 9:28am
BFIST View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Brent - They are definitely wrecks out on the mud. You'll have to pick your days as I reckon the Michelle's is the best one and that is in 67m and a fair way out.

If you search my prior posts I think I have put the GPS marks up for it previously. It is a pretty well known wreck so there will likely be boats on it when you get there.  Once you get there you need to sound around to see where the fish are sitting.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2013 at 8:36am
Time_Bandit View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

anyone been out lately ?
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rahui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 6:57am
rahui View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I went out on monday, got a mixture of carrot,travelley,shark. in 20m of bay view.to avoid spines fish near reefs or im good current.avoid burley,chunking is better.,there are nice snaps this time of the year,bayview thru to whiranaki,in real close,big bait.out back just behind break in the gutters.Im going out again on monday so will post again next week. your only as good as your last fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spoodz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 7:45pm
spoodz View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

also went out Monday, 2 snaps 10 gurnard over a long day, moved about 6 times up around Mohaka ( catch 2 good fish then the cuda/ spines would show up and ruin everything) berley or no berley.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rahui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 9:26am
rahui View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I never got out yesterday,bludy flu.Weather is looking good for the weekend so will head out then,hope to pick up some big snaps on a early morning run .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rahui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 10:58am
rahui View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

went out this morning to check pots, set them at southern buoy, nothing. will try futher out in the weekend., I got a few a fortnite ago  but well out to the northern buoy.
picked up a feed[trevalley]  . not out long a bit foggy this morning.
Page  <1234 44>