BUG KUNGFUSH

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pole Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BUG KUNGFUSH
    Posted: 23 Mar 2005 at 11:34am
Pole Dancer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well there could be no better crash course in Saltwater fly than to be lucky enough to be travelling with Peter Morse. Alot of new experiences... too many to relate... but the highlight so far has to be the first KUNGFUSH (Kingfish ) on a fly.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Strawberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2005 at 11:49am
Strawberry View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

nice photo great fish on a fly , they are hard enough on a rod and reel let alone a fly rod rod good effort

strawberry

"The sharks are circling"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wefaknis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2005 at 1:35pm
Wefaknis View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Mint as, tell us more about the foto, is it a oz king?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pole Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2005 at 1:49pm
Titanium
Titanium

Quote: Originally posted by Wefaknis on 23 March 2005

Mint as, tell us more about the foto, is it a oz king?

Nope, near Auckland that's as close as I'm allowed to say.. . will give a full run down later tonight when I have more time at the keyboard.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2005 at 2:06pm
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

Well dat's Whangaparaoa in the background with little barrier the smudge (sorry Smudge*) over Mr Cicada's left shoulder. So at a guess I'd say ... Rangi light!

Nobody has ever come up with a great idea after a second bottle of water.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pole Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2005 at 2:09pm
Titanium
Titanium

Not even warm Bender... will check with the guy whose spot it is to see how close I can say.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pole Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2005 at 7:02am
Titanium
Titanium

Bender, it's in the Auckland area, but it's on the western side.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sinful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2005 at 8:23am
sinful View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Well Mr CICADA....its great to see you have some morals left ....The location will remain secret ..........2 days after this photo was taken several idiots turned up with poppers on 24kg line and took 8 big fish ........needless to say the area is dead now and any likelyhood of a return trip for us Saltfly dudes is gone for this summer ...........looking for new locations ...........the back of Waiheke fired for us yesterday .....two 40 lb fish hooked and released .......there were bigger ones there !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pole Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2005 at 8:53am
Titanium
Titanium

Dunno about morals, just no intention of ending up as burley for that big fish you have seen :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wefaknis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2005 at 9:04am
Wefaknis View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ok here my guess, it's distruction gully, and your flickn your flies at the channel markers.

Sinful your right, 4 kg - 24 kg line, it dont matter, 8 kings is sooo much meat it just aint funny.

Cheers Wefaknis

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tobez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2005 at 9:18am
tobez View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

nice catch ...top effort
Waikato North Harbourmaster...Got a Nav Safety question for the Waikato region?...call me 021705642 or download the app Marine Mate!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2005 at 9:51am
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Quote: Originally posted by sinful on 24 March 2005..........2 days after this photo was taken several idiots turned up with poppers on 24kg line and took 8 big fish ........needless to say the area is dead now and any likelyhood of a return trip for us Saltfly dudes is gone for this summer ...........

Sinful,

Sorry to hear that. We have one or two charter operators in the Bay of Islands that are persistently guilty of similar actions. Why the hell is the kingfish limit three per person?? One per person is more than enough. We need a lower kingfish limit now!

Craig.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2005 at 10:13am
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

Either that or make sure everyone is as crap at catching them as I am.
Nobody has ever come up with a great idea after a second bottle of water.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pole Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2005 at 10:25am
Titanium
Titanium

Nice guess Wefaknis but still off target... I can't say and won't say, I was glad to be taken there and would like to go again.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Justin D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2005 at 10:58am
Justin D View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Well done Cicada, great fish. What's Morsie got!!??? He is a freak with the rod too. Bet that one gave some lip!

As far as giving away locations, everytime someone mentions a spot it becomes open slather for pros and seedy "chilli bin" fillers.

I run a policy on my board that locations remain non specific ie Auckland Harbour, The Corammandel, the cavalli's etc because you never know who is reading this!!

Justin Duggan

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pole Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2005 at 11:39am
Titanium
Titanium

Morsie is doing great, outfihsing me of course... I'll leave his exploits for him to explain though.

I am pretty sure he's having a good time, I think he's sick of my jokes though
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sinful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2005 at 12:03pm
sinful View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I notice you have neglected to tell the audience about the sexual experience you had while fighting said KUNGFish...........such firm calves & tight cheeks .....or have you shelved such memories ...........

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pole Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2005 at 1:13pm
Titanium
Titanium

He blushes every time he tells the story or when your name is mentioned John.

Having a great time, good to reaquaint myself with a trout yesterday - its all fly fishing and "there's no such thing as a bad fish".

Ears are beginning to ache a bit, I'm just hoping he runs out of stories although there seems to be no slow down.

Morsie
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pole Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2005 at 2:08pm
Titanium
Titanium

The above post under my name is, as the signature suggest.. from mr Morse himself

The nightmares have slowly subsided though i find myself looking around a lot when playing fish.... :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jo. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2005 at 3:30pm
Jo. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

so how long ago did you get married? 6-7 months?
Capitalisation is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse.." and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse.."People First New Zealand
Page  12>