$200M with taranaki Iwi

Page  123>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote crusty rusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $200M with taranaki Iwi
    Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 11:50am
crusty rusty View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

How many locals have been able to improve their lives with the money we keep forking out?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jet_ski_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 2:32pm
Jet_ski_fisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Why can they not just get the land back, and be done with it..with out handing over huge amounts of money..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 1Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 2:44pm
1Daz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I duno, Why cant some one just tell them to f*** off?
Go the Warriors!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote roy.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 3:16pm
roy.nz View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Because they wont have to do the hard work on the and when they can just get cash. IWI = I want it. That is the one thing that pisses me off about the NZ government they just give the money away so freely to the iwi. WTF i'll make a land claim for some cash!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SufixRockMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 3:21pm
SufixRockMan View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Some Iwi's are actually making really sound investments in New Zealand with settlement money. Potentially limiting offshore ownership.

....just sayin'
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 7:57pm
"Scooter" View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

My own people have started training programs for our young people with some of that money,plus they've invested in a number of different areas including improvements on current farming operations that apparently we're to lazy to run without Pakeha help/interferance.

In the resent past Iwi have had to put up with this lie about New Zealanders being a single people while "our culture" has been completely ignored and actively undermined.

Today we simply have the situation where for the first time in our history as a country "everybody" are finally becoming recognised and it's no longer just about pakeha interests.

So yes,,my own people are seeing some very real benefits to resent payouts.

So,,,,how is it really making the life of your average white bigot any less comfortable than it's always been anyway ?

I won't hold my breath waiting for an honest answer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 7:58pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

must say some are doing a lot and some are far worse off but how ever hope that the gravy train just comes to a halt one day theres a lot of people (of all ethnicitys who owe a huge thanks to the taxpayers) some very nice homes,boats and cars brought because of it
i just want to go fishing..........amd ignore all my adult problems
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KiwiCoarseTackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 8:10pm
KiwiCoarseTackle View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Scooter Scooter wrote:

My own people have started training programs for our young people with some of that money,plus they've invested in a number of different areas including improvements on current farming operations that apparently we're to lazy to run without Pakeha help/interferance.

In the resent past Iwi have had to put up with this lie about New Zealanders being a single people while "our culture" has been completely ignored and actively undermined.

Today we simply have the situation where for the first time in our history as a country "everybody" are finally becoming recognised and it's no longer just about pakeha interests.

So yes,,my own people are seeing some very real benefits to resent payouts.

So,,,,how is it really making the life of your average white bigot any less comfortable than it's always been anyway ?

I won't hold my breath waiting for an honest answer.

Fair enough but can we please stop using the word payout...I think Handout would be more fitting!!!
 Its like the DHB on a corporate scale!!!

Where do you think all these $$$ have come from yeah thats right us white bigots as you call us...maybe we could change that word for law abiding tax payers???

Time for the firgging gravy train to drive off a cliff!!!!!
Need coarse fishing tackle??? Give me a yell
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 8:39pm
Clutch View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

My Iwi (Ngati Rangiwewehi) just settles for 6 million. Feeling ripped off LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 8:42pm
Clutch View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Must be the trustees who get the comforts.....it sure dont filter down
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Moggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 8:53pm
Moggy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi John

I hear what you say and applaud your guys for doing it, but sorry you are by far in the minority, lets use Sealords as an example (they promised on video/TV even that the quota given to them would be used to employ Maori  and enhance their prospects of their youth – yer right ) of wealth creation for Maori – not one cent has been given back to those who need it most. Most of the money that is given by current NZ tax payers by way of so called treaty claims is used by a few at the top who are getting richer by the day.

You are probably one of the few that are doing something useful and for that alone I applauded you.

As to bigoted whites – sorry mate I was born an breed here – as a 6th Generation NZ’er I regard this as my land, frankly I don’t give a stuff what your colour is AS long as you think you are a NZ’er first and foremost. The idiosyncrasy of post history must be forgotten. I nor ANY one I know caused this problem, I NOR any one I know should be paying for it – go sue the UK tax payer as they are responsible not us.

The treaty settlement  industry – because that’s what it is with us tax payers paying for corporate lawyers to have a go at us NZ tax payers is an industry that must stop.

There were only 400 claims at the end of the original settlement and now we have had way over 3000 – most quite frankly are mythical and unfortunately that idiot in the role of Min of Treaty Settlements is one whose whole career has been making money from treaty settlements – doesn’t give a toss as he will go back to the gravy train when he has finished in parliament – and yes I know this guy, was for my sins years ago in Young Nats with him and many of the current Gvmt and man would I trust a single one of them – be buggered.

John the simple fact is the country only has so much money and that is going down like the titanic over the last 10 years, you want more – you want to place the whole of NZ in the grave yard, we are only now a fraction ahead of Fiji when it comes to wealth or do you want top move ahead and ensure you your children & all NZ’ers move ahead?

I know what my answer is…. But then I think I can use some hard learnt logic over it.

As  an a side I think all IWI who have treaty settlements should have all there Members removed from the social welfare system because given the very low number of people who actually belong to the tribes they now have more money per head than the max allowed through the social welfare system. Have we done this – have we bugger, double dipping on a grand scale? Honest natives, well you learnt well from the British is all I can say!

If I ever get into parliament and that’s a maybe then I will put a complete stop to all this rubbish.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it!
FISH FIGHT The Peoples Protest
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 9:09pm
Moggy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

John

Think of this another way

The British made war right throughout the known world including UK – please tell me what rights/settlements that the Irish/Welsh (some what close to my own heart)/Scottish got?

The simple fact is that the British won a war in NZ and that’s that’s – the Maori of the day were far smarter than most other conquered countries and did a deal, that doesn’t mean that you have any rights, it means that the Maori lost.

Period.

There is One caveat – there were underhand things done after by the British after which should be righted – we have done that already all the rest quite frankly are like taniwha’s – completely fictitious but great for ripping off you fellow NZ’ers.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 9:28pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Originally posted by Moggy Moggy wrote:

If I ever get into parliament and that’s a maybe then I will put a complete stop to all this rubbish.

Here's an idea Moggy>>
When you do get to parliament & all the money's in IWI hands,  set up a reverse treaty claim system for us "bigots".
We could put in claims & get it all back
Now wouldn't that be fun......
LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 9:32pm
Moggy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Uncle Uncle wrote:

Originally posted by Moggy Moggy wrote:

Here's an idea Moggy>>
When you do get to parliament & all the money's in IWI hands,  set up a reverse treaty claim system for us "bigots".
We could put in claims & get it all back
Now wouldn't that be fun......
LOL

Good idea but we don’t need to all we need to do is divide the money paid as settlement  claims against the iwi numbers and all currently will be off welfare , country will save Millions....

Fact is most Iwi getting money have less than 100 member on there books – all interrelated.

One has to ask just who are we paying?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 9:41pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

At the end of WW2, my grandfather had a large property out hinuera "Compulsorily purchased" off him by the govt to be given to returning servicemen. He got what he paid for it 15 years early, 10 pounds an acre, after developing it and owning it for so long.
That land now is worth...well, mega bucks. It is land very close to what is now the hobbiton film set, if you want to know what sort of land it was.
Should we (our family) not be entitled to some form of compensation? It hardly seems fair, especially when you consider the Prominent Local Board Members with more than one property who got to chose whose properties were to be compulsorily purchased somehow managed not to lose any of their properties.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Phishpula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 9:43am
Phishpula View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Some of the opinions in this thread disgust me.  As an import from England in 1984 and now a NZer I am proud we are world leaders in treating historical wrongs in an ethical manner and that that there is a finite time for this. Thus, I fully support the current govt and its policy finish treaty claims in the near future.

Rant over

Turtle free since 2012
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote roy.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 10:09am
roy.nz View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Phishpula Phishpula wrote:

Some of the opinions in this thread disgust me.  As an import from England in 1984 and now a NZer I am proud we are world leaders in treating historical wrongs in an ethical manner and that that there is a finite time for this. Thus, I fully support the current govt and its policy finish treaty claims in the near future.

Rant over

So for you an ethical manner is just give then tons of tax payers money? That we have worked hard to earn? I was not around when they stuffed up and signed the treaty so why must I pay. None of the IWI that are around today were around then!!! 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fisher5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 10:49am
fisher5 View Drop Down

[QUOTE=Phishpula]Some of the opinions in this thread disgust me.  As an import from England in 1984 and now a NZer I am proud we are world leaders in treating historical wrongs in an ethical manner and that that there is a finite time for this. Thus, I fully support the current govt and its policy finish treaty claims in the near future.

Rant over

And it's wiggers like you phishpula that are f@@@king our country you are an import been here since 1984 and you call yourself a nzer.
it's better to burn out than fade away
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 10:53am
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I think I will transfer this to the politics thread.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Screaming Reels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 10:55am
Screaming Reels View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

It use to piss me off all the tax dollars the Iwi`s get. But where i live the Iwi has invested wisely Waiarappa Moanna Corp has 16 farms and employ and train a lot of people not just Maori. Geothermal electricity making money. Huge greenhouses i mean friggin huge bigger than anything you will see in Auckland, they employ a ****load of people. The Iwi has done wisely with their pay out and is filtering it`s way down line.
It is mongrels like Tuku Morgan etc who have given it a bad name what with their huge salaries etc. I do think it is about time to end it though. Enough is enough.
Page  123>