Surtees 4.85

Page  123 13>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Surtees 4.85
    Posted: 01 Dec 2012 at 7:08pm
Time_Bandit View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

pick up on friday from surtees boat cant say enough on how helpfull and great the team they are.

built the trailer myself to save some coin

8 am this morning

1200pm was on now for the rest of the fit out
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2012 at 7:12pm
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

looks you're going to have a great summer with that rig Clap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2012 at 7:16pm
Platinum
Platinum

yeah mate sore one of these at the boatshow and knew thats what i wanted best small boat on the market and well priced

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ell-nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2012 at 8:52pm
Ell-nino View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

looking fwd to seeing how this plays out - bring it on
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 7:29pm
Platinum
Platinum

well the gps/fishfinder, vhf, tacho,hour metre,fuel filter all when in today, hopefully take it out for a run next weekend.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jet_ski_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 7:31pm
Jet_ski_fisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

fox i thought that you had to have a dealer fit the engine or no warranty.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 7:37pm
Platinum
Platinum

it goes back to the dealer to get PD when everything is fiited, not sure where you got your infro from but its wrong.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jet_ski_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 7:46pm
Titanium
Titanium

Guess the dealer in whk was wrong then :) looks mighty fine boat fox 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 7:59pm
Platinum
Platinum

i have talk to the dealer and also mercury nz as i was meant to get a 2 storke bigfoot but they couldnt supply it so they gave me a fourstorke for the same price,all they have to do is PD the engine not fit it for warranty.  what engine were you looking at and what dealer ?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daveo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 8:03pm
daveo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

How much was it to build the trailer? Did you just buy all the parts and put it together?

Very nice rig mate 50 or 60hp?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 8:09pm
Platinum
Platinum

60hp, trailer cost about 1k including galv i got trade prices on buying most parts and the wheels and tyres were given to me, surtees want 4k for one of there trailers

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 7:43pm
Platinum
Platinum

Got boat back from dealer today been Pd just got the gps and vhf to hook up now hopefully out for a fish on Sunday.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 7:44pm
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 8:24pm
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Got a sore neck looking at photosBig smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote miker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 8:36pm
miker View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Its easier if you pick the screen up and turn it side ways  Wacko
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 8:43pm
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by miker miker wrote:

Its easier if you pick the screen up and turn it side ways  Wacko
common sense is not so common

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 8:57pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Built_to_fish Built_to_fish wrote:

i must say having had words with a mercury dealer on the shore and seeing their adverts on trade me they do make it sound that unless fitted by them the warrenty is invalid but after looking at the mercury site

"a Dealer authorized by Mercury Marine to distribute the product in the country in which the sale

occurred, and then only after the Mercury Marine specified pre-delivery inspection process is

completed and documented" i would say that yes you can do yr own install so long as you take it back for pre delivery and they sign it off

i just want to go fishing..........amd ignore all my adult problems
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 9:06pm
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by cosmo cosmo wrote:

Originally posted by Built_to_fish Built_to_fish wrote:

i must say having had words with a mercury dealer on the shore and seeing their adverts on trade me they do make it sound that unless fitted by them the warrenty is invalid but after looking at the mercury site

"a Dealer authorized by Mercury Marine to distribute the product the country in which the sale

occurred, and then only after the Mercury Marine specified pre-delivery inspection process is

completed and documented" i would say that yes you can do yr own install so long as you take it back for pre delivery and they sign it off

yes you sure can and very its easy, i had surtees drill the holes for the engine when they built the boat, that was the only part i wouldnt try, but mines had its  pre-delivery inspection and pass with flying colours, the dealer want between 1200-1400 to fit it.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jet_ski_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 10:05am
Titanium
Titanium

Ahhh that is why they wanted them to fit any motor i chose, so they can make money on it. cheeky sods...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 7:18pm
Platinum
Platinum

if you have the skills to do it yourself its the best way to save some coin, going for a fish tomorrow will post some more pics hopefully of some fish

Page  123 13>