Anchor Ezi Lift - Back Saver

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 10:36am
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wink Have a look on trade me under Anchor Lifting Device, this is my design and is great for rope/chain set ups.

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 11:01am
tjm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeh true,, Watch it and see what u think, may be a fast flowing river isnt the best place to try this out, gives a sence that the boat is moving very quickly, if the anchor didnt lift may be the boat would dive under hmmm,,,Shocked
Cant beat hunting and Fishing in N.Z
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Olfart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 12:27pm
Olfart View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by feeder feeder wrote:

Wink Have a look on trade me under Anchor Lifting Device, this is my design and is great for rope/chain set ups.

Cheers
 Looks like a home-made 'Anka Yanka'?
Semper in excreta sumus, solum profundum variat....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 9:16am
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just couldn't buy a Yanka at the time I wanted one so made one, mates saw them and as they say, I see they are back on the market now.

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 5:31pm
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I have been using this idea for a number of years , float with chain to a large S/S steel ring to slide down the rope to anchor , tied off the bow , when fishing the reefs if I am not going far I will even tow to whole lot to next hang and just stop ahead of where I want the anchor to be and let the lot sink back down .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Thamesfella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 3:42pm
Thamesfella View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

pity there aint much crew on a kayak ....but then again anchor aint that heavy neitherThumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 6:38pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Red Hunter Red Hunter wrote:

I have been using this idea for a number of years , float with chain to a large S/S steel ring to slide down the rope to anchor , tied off the bow , when fishing the reefs if I am not going far I will even tow to whole lot to next hang and just stop ahead of where I want the anchor to be and let the lot sink back down .

That is good thinking there RH never thought of that idea.Thumbs Up
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote EditB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2012 at 10:18am
EditB View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

A mate was telling me they use a similar system when deep anchoring, the only difference being that there is a non return clip on the loop so they can drag a bit up, recover line, drag a bit up, recover line etc 
I do not lie about fishing, I willingly participate in a campaign of misinformation.
Page  <12