Cardwell fishing

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote EKO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cardwell fishing
    Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 1:42am
EKO View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

We shot up to Cardwell which is 2 hrs drive from Townsville on Thursday night for a weekend of LB fishing.

Waking up early in  the morning cooking bacon & eggs kissing the wife good bye, I jumped into the car and headed 500m down the road to the jetty.

The water was brown, not like the normal color which is blue ekk.

7 Sharks later , bull nose, hammer head & reef sharks coming up , dam.

Day two same again but managed to get a nice size Grunter .

Day 3 headed back home to Townsville stopped at Lucinda for a fish lines in the water once again bloody reef sharks a good work out but nothing to eat.

Now the funny thing is the reef shark took off, then I got it back to shore after 10 mins , then  it ran me up the beach, then down to the stinger net which was fuc&&k lol I was trying to get the young kids away, but with th PS parents not giving a stuff lol I dragged the shark out , 1 min later they saw the shark fin  and gapped it lol.

Any way the shark as I thought was tired did one big kick and snapped my line.

Not bad for 60 pd braid & 80 pd trace

Its not about the size of your boat! "But how you use it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 3:58pm
Titahi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Plenty of mullet swimming beside the wharf though eh! Have you tried fishing up at the weir in townsville for Barra yet? When the wet starts they congregate underneath it waiting for stuff being flushed down the river Wink
"I love standing by the ocean and just knowing what its for"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote EKO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 1:03am
EKO View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yeah we need the rain lol
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 11:39am
Titahi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It aint called Brownsville for nothing :)
"I love standing by the ocean and just knowing what its for"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote EKO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 1:02am
EKO View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Some pomy said she looked at a sea snake lol dumass it was a tipain