TGA LandBased

Page  123 16>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Last Cast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TGA LandBased
    Posted: 17 Oct 2012 at 7:47pm
Last Cast View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey, just wondering how all you other land based guys/girls in the area are getting on? Herd of people hooking up on snaps in the last couple weeks, mate of mine got a pannie off leisure the other day Clap haha. Have fished it a few times since, but nothing Angry. Also herd from a guy at a shop that surf casters were catching there limit along Papamoa recently Shocked true story???
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scuzzymoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2012 at 8:10pm
scuzzymoto View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bay Of Empty- maybe on long lines, fished Friday and Sat nights no bites at all
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled” Mark Twain
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Last Cast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2012 at 8:21pm
Last Cast View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

LOLLOLLOL, was that out at papamoa? Yea as soon as the guy told me i doubled up on bait and sandgrab sinkers then gunned it out there. Will be the last time i fall for that call Ouch
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scuzzymoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2012 at 8:32pm
scuzzymoto View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

heaps of fish there mate- late at night the best - read Chads post on reading the surf will help you alot- also track down the Western Bays Surfcasting club the guys are a good bunch and would be more than willing to help out with spots and were and when
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled” Mark Twain
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Last Cast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2012 at 8:50pm
Last Cast View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Choice mate Thumbs Up yea gatherd alot of good info from Chads post! Ill have a look into the Western Bay Surf Club, will b good to meet a few other fisho's as ive only recently moved up.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rippin & Reelin Charters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2012 at 8:51pm
Rippin & Reelin Charters View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

motiti Island!!! good size snaps and kingis there! i know of a few 30lbs caught off the rocks there in past years.
Rippin & Reelin Charters
Whitianga
http://www.rippinandreelin.co.nz
0274 824 630
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2012 at 8:59pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I've tried off Leisure Island & off the side of the Mount over the past few weeks. Aint caught a thing. Having a huge seal rolling around under my line on one occasion hasn't helped. Been wondering if Leisure Island should be called Myth Island. Anyone ever catch anything off there?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Last Cast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2012 at 9:03pm
Last Cast View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yea Motiti sounds good! any info on how to get over there and if there is anywhere to stay? Camp ground or backpackers etc... 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Last Cast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2012 at 9:15pm
Last Cast View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Haha, pulled in a kahawai once off the tip that a seal had a go at. Yea mate, some people do quite well. From what ive seen piper, kahawai, snapper, kingfish. From what ive herd gurnad, John Dory, bronzies and rays. Seems to be slow fishing tho, even on a good day.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2012 at 9:37pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Must all be happening when I'm not there. I'm yet to catch or see anyone catch anything off Leisure Island. Probably just need to go for longer and more often.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LBGer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2012 at 9:55pm
LBGer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Leisures certainly hit n miss. John Dory arent too uncommon. Ive been spinning there before and saw a good 6-7 kahawai follow but not take the lure. Hooked baracoutta and landed A snapper. Seems like a promising spot however without extensive weedbeds there may not be too much structure to hold fish year round.
A king on the bricks is worth 5 in a boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 10:02am
fish i View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Shore jigging from NW rock. Or some how deploy a livie at depth into the channel.
6th place in the inaugural Te Kauwhata Regionals paddle crab division
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 3:06pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah I've heard there are lots of JD's around. I'm yet to catch a live bait to set up a rig and they don't seem interested in my softies.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LBGer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 3:56pm
LBGer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Spotties work fine there as livies, nothing flash.....
A king on the bricks is worth 5 in a boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rippin & Reelin Charters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 10:02pm
Rippin & Reelin Charters View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

moiti island privately owned. Half by the Maori's and the other half by a few famliys. I have a mate who owns part of it which helps. But just find someone with a boat and jump on the rocks over there. The other one i was thinking of is Rabbit Island, a lot of reef runs off there and a small tiny or kayak will get you there easy. Theres alot of food for a couple of big moochers around there i reckon. Done heaps of diving around Rabbit.
Rippin & Reelin Charters
Whitianga
http://www.rippinandreelin.co.nz
0274 824 630
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Last Cast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 1:01pm
Last Cast View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Fishd from first light till bowt 11 this morning. Water was flat and clear. Managed 45cm pannie of 5lb and that was it. No bait fish around either. Few people started turning up just as we were leaving 
"Yea right"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 7:39pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

That would have been the time to go. I managed an hour off Sailsbury Wharf late this afternoon. Got a nice ky and lost a few others.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Last Cast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 7:48pm
Last Cast View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Choice bro, love beer batterd kahawai fillets ae. Was there much piper around? From the 2 burleys deployd at there tip of leisure we didnt see any Shocked, usually schools of them 

"Yea right"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KEEN-MAD-FISH0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 7:25am
KEEN-MAD-FISH0 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Try surfcasting Matata. If u can find the holes, the snapped are there. 2 weeks ago we did 3 night's in a week and went home with 7 to 8 snapped between 3 people every time. That was 2 weeks ago now tho and the fish could have moved on?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki-Fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 10:36am
Naki-Fisher View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hay KEEN MAD FISH0 were those 3 nights couple of weeks back, during the week or weekend or even better any chance you'd share the dates?
The 20lb+ Snapper club No Longer Eludes me Broken with a 12kg new PB
Goal for the next 12 months: catch another 20lb+ Snap and watch it swim away
Hook a King LB here in the Naki.
Page  123 16>