gimble knock not

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: gimble knock not
    Posted: 28 Sep 2012 at 11:02am
fish i View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Got a new jigging rod. Got a trip coming up next week. Have noticed the gimble knock is not properly lined up with the guides making the rod on a slight angle slightly rolled to the side when slotted on the bar. Would normally just send it back but with my trip looming I'm just wondering is there is an easy way you can take the gimble knock but off easily and reset it? Like, can you heat it up and get the glue to pop? It's alloy.
6th place in the inaugural Te Kauwhata Regionals paddle crab division
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2012 at 11:22am
Tipper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hope it was cheap
you could wear just one shoe, and straighten everything up that way  LOL
Please make sure you have the full 'witty' Plug-In installed on your Internet Browser, or the default 'half-witty' output may affect your profile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2012 at 11:38am
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

you can heat it up and slowly turn it, but not to much heat that you damage the glass, if your trip is up these ways I dont mind lending you a rod if you want to send it back.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skipjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2012 at 2:37pm
Skipjack View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Depending on how well glued it is you may need quite a lot of heat, you will most likely damage the Gimbal (have you sorted out warranty (before you do this).
You can try a pot of boiling water to soften the glue then slot the gimbal into something that wont bend and try to twist (be care full you tear a grip or twist a guide ect...) other wise blow torch more heat (watch the grip does not melt) if it comes loose will most likely be able to remove the gimbal then re glue with two pot glue.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 7:49am
fish i View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks Kieron. Could be a bit risque touch and go by the sounds of that, might end up making a mess. Probably safer to just fish it and send it back later, it's not all that bad.

Cheers for that offer BA. Heading in the opposite direction however, Tuhua beckons. Just need that wind to play ball. Buoyweather keeps taunting me with it's up and down updates every 6hrs.
6th place in the inaugural Te Kauwhata Regionals paddle crab division
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fsholc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 8:09am
fsholc View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

dont worry about it for the trip. go buy a rubber fuji gimble cap and dont fight in the pin much easier!
but if you want to warranty it its best you dont fish it first