cook islands GT's

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote alan syme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 10:05pm
alan syme View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

hi guys,

sorry for delay on just checked this thread again after a long time....

kingyslayer, yes aitutaki is good for gts.

bonefish, e2 will happily guide for gts if thats what the customer wants instead of bonefish, via fly or popper.

herby, glad you liked it, aitu is an awesome place, i love it. you are very lucky to make it out to takutea, i have been trying for 3 years and have not managed it yet! too good.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ancient mariner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2013 at 7:03pm
ancient mariner View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hi guys

Just got back from the Cooks, spent week in Raro then week in Aitutaki.
For fishing recommend the latter, and the place in pristine!

Fished on Foxy Lady with Jason, think he is cousin of Mark's (Black Pearl)
$180 for 1/2 day, only myself fishing!
Anyways mainly chasing YF tuna, but no luck, yet end of day had half dozen casts into reef and got nice GT (approx. 20-25kg)
Was stoked as with that, and would highly recommend Jason!

As far as accommodation goes, would suggest Samade, east of the airport, Ned will look after ya!
Puffy's is the place to eat, 2 large fish and chip meals, and 4 double bourbons was $42!
Her fish was amazing.

Now is the time to head there, they recently landed a 440kg blue!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Peter. C. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 1:11pm
Peter. C. View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I saw those GT's being fed at the wharf in March, really impressive fish. Can only imagine what it must be like to be connected to oneCool
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote herby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 2:38pm
herby View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Dnasurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 6:56am
Dnasurfer View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

UPDATE
went fishing in rarotonga- which was fantastic- managed to get a Wahoo as it was in season, on the Blue Marlin Charters
i saw Gts in the harbour (akura) and Mauri Lagoon (outside mooring Cafe) but note to the Wise- these things are ppls pets, so poppers and top water stickballs won't work as they get feed the good stuff from the locals.
If u are that keen , a decent Assist Hook 12/0 With some generous size tuna chunks would be the go- u have to burley up a lot but they will come.
Bait, u can get at the Ocean fish shop - (off cuts are around $15 a kg) which is mostly tuna.
Happy fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 10:48am
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi Alan
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 10:57am
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi Alan
Off to Raro for our 5th time in 2 weeks, for 2 weeks. Staying at Sunset Palms, Arorangi.
  Going to take a trout rod and a 15kg travel spin rod. Have a Stella 400 with 30 lb Tasline. Going to take a couple of poppers and a bunch of small spinners. Have caught bluefin trevs off the reef edge. 
Might try the harbour.
Went out with Pupuke (and Moko) on our first trip to Raro and got 2 x Wahoo as in above photo. Both just alongside the runway and we had to manoeuvre around a cruise ship!
Any tips for maybe a charter. Is Pupuke still fishing?
Also went out with a guy in a small outrigger boat with 50 HP Honda from near the Black Rock area and jigged a 15 kg doggie.
Any tips?
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 1:52pm
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Corey Fisher , really good guy , Reelaxing fishing charters , check out his Facebook page .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 1:07pm
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

A couple of recent Aitutaki fly rod captures. I highly recommend E2's operation, during the recent stay one of his anglers landed a freakin horse GT on fly, 136cm... Shocked
You cant eat my toast fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 2:28pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Wowee those are big chappies
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 5:19pm
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Scary business fishing for big splashy things in the middle of a tropical night
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2022 at 10:19am
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Haha Craig, yup the adrenaline ran fast!
Here's a couple of trevs from outside the reef-

You cant eat my toast fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2022 at 12:37pm
jac View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Chunky bluefin 👍🏼
Page  <12