go on , post something?

Page  <1234 12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jaapie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 12:08pm
Jaapie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Does it fish two Steve??Wink
"Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught,will we realize that we cannot eat money" - 19th Century Indian Creed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jaapie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 2:00pm
Jaapie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Can be pretty sure not many of these have been caught on a fly rod......

Poor thing was jagged in the wing by my mate.
Spectacular fight BTW.......

Nearly as good as this one I got.

Has been posted up before, but this section is pretty quiet.
"Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught,will we realize that we cannot eat money" - 19th Century Indian Creed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ahab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 2:53pm
Ahab View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Am interested in fishing Tamaki Drive with fly for kings. I caught two there this summer gone and got busted off by two bloody enormous models.

By a stroke of good fortune I've just gained a 12ft tinny, and will be taking it out into a couple of spots along the drive to see what I can rustle up. A bit of manoeverability might give me a slight chance of landing one of these beasts!

Another place I want to try is that wave baffle out from Tamaki, I understand it is lousy with trevally. Should hopefully be able to sneak along there in the dinghy casting ahead.

Also, will have to check out Meola.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mike.Thomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 3:53pm
Mike.Thomas View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hey Ahab that dingy will get you out to the Rangi bouys as well, lots of smaller kings hanging around them in the summer!
All the best.
Mike
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote matto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 4:26pm
matto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I have had a couple of half arsed attempts at those poles for trevs Ahab,but always on the way to torment kingies on the channel markers.might be a good spot for a mussel burley
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FISHBYFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 5:12pm
FISHBYFLY View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

just bought a new kayak
its a catamaran style, called a 'Wavewalk', imported from states,
wickedly stable, can stand up in it, stay dry, easy to lower and rise  anchor
love it,Thumbs Up
needless to say my car crapped itself in a Jealous rage, now its been seconded as my favourite form of transportAngry
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote matto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 5:22pm
matto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I got my self a body glove plastic stand up board,can also stand and cast.would be a funny flotilla of flyfishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote C A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 5:36pm
C A View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

im going to kill some possums tonight.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote EditB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 6:48pm
EditB View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Has it been raining? A blue moon? Cabin fever?
I do not lie about fishing, I willingly participate in a campaign of misinformation.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 7:15pm
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Full moon. She's a beaut too.
You cant eat my toast fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FISHBYFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 8:44pm
FISHBYFLY View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Matto; a very funny flyfishing flotilaLOL

CA; nice idea, less of those aussie vermin the betterApprove
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Millsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 9:13pm
Millsy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I went shooting possums the other night Stern Smile. Got 450grams fur. Now have 4kg.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 9:26pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Jaapie Jaapie wrote:

Does it fish two Steve??Wink

and then some Kev and then some, have a few ideas, looking at a soft/hard top with rocket launcher for and aft, 14ft stiffies on relax bases but off the top for a bit of height, waiting to hear back from the boat builder on an option or two already got the electronics which of course are Simrad options lots of options.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 9:46pm
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

We don't have possums. We have wekas.

(This could get confusing Wacko)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 10:36pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

.finger crossed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2012 at 6:56am
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by bigbaySWF bigbaySWF wrote:

I went shooting possums the other night Stern Smile. Got 450grams fur. Now have 4kg.

About $480 worth all up. Nice little tackle fund.
You cant eat my toast fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2012 at 7:39am
the angler View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Millsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2012 at 8:57am
Millsy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

How are you planning to get the can onto the buffalo's scrotum angler? [above].

The possum fur money is for an air compressor so I can spray my boat. As well as money for an alaskan chain mill so I can slab some tree's, as well as ...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ahab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2012 at 9:16am
Ahab View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Originally posted by matto matto wrote:

I have had a couple of half arsed attempts at those poles for trevs Ahab,but always on the way to torment kingies on the channel markers.might be a good spot for a mussel burley

Yeah Matto I remember Craig wrote an article on using barnacle berley for trevs a few years ago. I might take a garden hoe out (was that what you used Craig?) and just scrape a few poles to get them frisky. 

However I imagine a few might just zip through the poles and give my fly line a shredding. Mind you, I'm sure the buoy/marker kings know how to use those mussel-encrusted anchor chains!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2012 at 9:26am
smelli View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Pinch & punch for first day of the month. Wink

Yay its spring too-boing,boing.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=717361
Page  <1234 12>