go on , post something?

Page  <1 101112
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ShaunQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 12:43am
ShaunQ View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Would love to see it Geoff and hope it sits well on ya wall, by the by seeing that image in print has given me an entire new appreciation for all the hard work I've put into learning the craft and laying my skills on the line, and I thank you greatly for that. I love the water and hope we can share some time on it soon.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DeVille Incarnate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 7:55am
DeVille Incarnate View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Sweet mate - I share that passion just don't have the skills yet, and I look forward to spending fly time with you that's for sure!!
Approach with extreme caution - I NEVER look where my back cast is going....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DeVille Incarnate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 7:27pm
DeVille Incarnate View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Here it is....at last! For those who do not know this is a photographic print of a panorama snapped by Shaun Q down Bowetown way. The storm was developing as the day was ending and he was about to scoot but decided to wait another couple of minutes. Then it happened. For a few surreal seconds God smiled down on the sea and Shaun captured the moment in stunning fashion!

You may think I'm waxing lyrical but I kid you not, this is the most hauntingly atmospheric seascape I've ever seen and looking at it now printed on very high quality photographic paper just makes it even the more remarkable!

Needles to say my puny snap of it on the wall does it no justice whatsoever! It is 1.5 metres wide and about 40 cm high. It is flawless and spectacular!! An enchanted moment in time!!

If anyone would like one just like this but would like a gander at the finished article first before purchasing from Shaun, give me a shout, you're most welcome to swing by to view. (Sorry the image upload seems to have got a bit garbled in the process)

Approach with extreme caution - I NEVER look where my back cast is going....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ShaunQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 10:41pm
ShaunQ View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Great stuff Geoff nice to see it framed and on ya wall, lovely.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fraser Hocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 7:50am
Fraser Hocks View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Looks like an amazing photo!

Have to say in in Tauranga at the moment, and the front comming in of the ocean is not quite as dark but not too dissimilar.   I think the planets are alighning, against me at the moment.   Iv been here for four days chasing kingies, and the only fish iv seen so far was when Clark managed to get me out for a quick afternoon jaunt.   

The way the weather and tides are conspiring, I think next time il stay at home if I want to catch a fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushkid2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 9:46am
Bushkid2 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Fraser, get your self to Kauri point wharf early in the morning. Sit on the end of the wharf, you will sea kingies. If I can land them off there a blind, one eyed, left titted monkey (No offence to the wife) could land one. IMO it is the best wharf for kings on a fly in the harbour and you can fish it when it's windy. both incoming and out going is good.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jaapie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 11:05am
Jaapie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great skills there Shaun -
Awesome shot mate.
"Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught,will we realize that we cannot eat money" - 19th Century Indian Creed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fraser Hocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 12:06pm
Fraser Hocks View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks for the tip Bushkid2, but unfortunately I'm down in Tauranga at the moment.   We won't have any spare time on our way back through Auckland on our way back home either.   

Finger crossed I can find something with fins on it down here, but im not putting money on that one. Iv always got the trout gear with me as a fallback

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushkid2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 12:31pm
Bushkid2 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Sorry Fraser, Kauri point wharf in the Tauranga harbour. It's a 5 minute detour of the main road approx. 5 minutes out of Katikati ( 20 min north of Tauranga). Your wife will love the fresh air and scenery too.
Plenty of sand flats right in TGA town too.
Page  <1 101112