Wanganui Sea Fishing.

Page  <1234 46>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote axel_003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 8:20pm
axel_003 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I'm weather watching as well. Was looking good on swell map this arvo but I see the wind is forecasted to get up now. Will be keeping an eye on it tomorrow and early Sat. We are looking at starting early to get the change of tide.

Where has the snapper being caught? What sort of depth?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote axel_003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 10:44pm
axel_003 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

What's everyones thoughts for the weekend? Looks like Friday will be the day. Hopefully the big high sticks around for another day or else it will be another weekend off the water.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wide Load Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 1:20pm
Wide Load View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'm thinking of sneaking out early tomorrow, 7's and 8's on Swellmap!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote axel_003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 8:45pm
axel_003 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Well, I will be stuck at work tomorrow bugger it all. And with the wind set to pick up might be another weekend the boat stays in the shed.Thumbs Down

Here is a couple of pics from the last trip out.

Not a bad day.

Looking south.

Great result.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tangi DnA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 8:54pm
Tangi DnA View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Id call that a great day in awesome conditions, well done Clap
I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wide Load Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 10:51pm
Wide Load View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great weather today! Average fishing.
There was just the right amount of slop first thing to work the slow jig in the rodholder and I caught some nice fat gurnard on softbaits and thew jigs at 20 metres.
Out at 30m there was a plague of spiney's. I made the mistake of dropping a bait and up they came. At times there were 3 or 4 following the caught one!
Home in Palmy by 3pm with a bin fullf gurnard with a few fat ky and a couple of blue cod for good measure. No one Ispoke to at the ramp had any snaps.
Boat shaddow at 90km
Bar crossing
A bit murky at 20m from all the rain lately
A feed to take home
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tangi DnA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 12:17am
Tangi DnA View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

nicely done WL, you got the pic of the weather. crossing my fingers for an early morning run.
I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote widebody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 12:43pm
widebody View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Off Wang airport yesterday, got enough for fish and chips last nite. Heap of spiny dogs about.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wide Load Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 2:51pm
Wide Load View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Welcome to the forum Hibby.
At what depth were you fishing?
What were the conditions like? it was a bit breezy here in Palmy?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tangi DnA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 6:39pm
Tangi DnA View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Welcome Aboard Hibby, Wanganui conditions looked a lot better than ours on the webcam.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote axel_003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 10:17pm
axel_003 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Hibby and welcome,
Couple of the lads from work got out on Friday. Got a lot of spiny dogs where ever they went. They got a feed of gurnard and that was it. They went SW of the bar and tried 20m to 60m. Conditions where mint.

Looking like the end of the week will be good, might take the opportunity of night shift to get out on Thursday for a morning session.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote miker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 6:58am
miker View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Welcome Hibby
Had to go to wanganui to look at a job shot around to wharf street, the car park was 3/4 full havent these people got jobs, made me jealous. Watched a guy launch his workmate with the motor all the way down pushed it off the trailer the skeg crunched the ground, and dont think he wanted to get the back tyres of his falcon wet, I will head out this weekend spinys or not I am in withdrawl, I generally park up for 2-3 months, as I dont like feeding spinys,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote widebody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 2:31pm
widebody View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Fishing in about 80ft water was cloudy,and with a strong nor easter which turned into a strong northerly around 10.30am, as nothing was happening we headed for home. One thing I havn,t seen before was the tidal flow from the river came right out to where we were fishing 5kms away, never seen it that far out. Fri looked mint but just couldn,t get away. Tried a quick dip for whitebait on the island on sun for nothing so looking hard at  Tangi DNA,s photo. Got bored and come home 4 lunch.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tangi DnA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 7:11pm
Tangi DnA View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

That was just a tease Hibby, I uploaded the picture from the MOF Rules and Regs site LOL
I dont usually go whitebaiting , Id rather go fishing.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote widebody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 4:32pm
widebody View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Well Done
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote axel_003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 9:52pm
axel_003 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

What's everyone thoughts for the weekend? Looks like the wind is going to get up.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote miker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 8:45pm
miker View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Heading on Sat just to the 4 mile reef see whats happening got a new HDS5 see how works out
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote miker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 9:03pm
miker View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Looking at the web cam yesterday has the bar got shallower on the left hand side heading out, there was white water from the left to the centre, just wondering if it had filled up with silt
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote axel_003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 9:23pm
axel_003 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Good luck Miker, let us all know how you get on.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 11:24pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

looks like the cat is sitting on the draw bar of your trailer...

have a good one...

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Page  <1234 46>