Fishing Coast to Coast Magazine..

Page  123 13>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote INOV8A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fishing Coast to Coast Magazine..
    Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 7:37pm
INOV8A View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hey just a quick question...
Has anyone recieved their latest magazine yet?
Have a subscription and nothing has arrived.
Have tried ringing them, with no success.

Anyone else heard anything?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tangi DnA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 8:15pm
Tangi DnA View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

have heard rumors but others may be able to confirm whats happening.

I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 8:27pm
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

No doubt it will come out in the wash but an email sent to the industry by Mr.Rendle at the time of the boatshow suggested that he no longer had anything to do with the magazine.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sufishent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 7:48am
Sufishent View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Was wondering where mine was too - just about to check ccard statement to see if payment has been deducted ...
You can never have enough fishing tackle
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pirate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 5:30pm
pirate View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

thats a shame if true, was always a good read with good pics 2
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 5:33pm
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I resigned from my post as writer of the Aquanaut Dive Column in mid May.

I don't know the full story of what happened and don't feel at liberty to discuss what I do know/have heard. 

Have been keeping my eye out for the upcoming issue myself...
What's the cheapest type of meat? Dear balls. They're under a buck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 6:13pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

so no one wants to say what they have heard....
is it all second hand and maybe not the quite the truth....

if Mike has giving it away i certainly feel sorry for him, i know its been hard and writers will always swap mags regardless of what people think, different reasons are always going to crop up, you cant get away from the facts....

but to see this Mag go under is not good for anyone....

come on guys cough up...

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 7:13pm
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Lethal Lethal wrote:

so no one wants to say what they have heard....
is it all second hand and maybe not the quite the truth....

if Mike has giving it away i certainly feel sorry for him, i know its been hard and writers will always swap mags regardless of what people think, different reasons are always going to crop up, you cant get away from the facts....

but to see this Mag go under is not good for anyone....

come on guys cough up...

Like Finatic, I dont feel it is our place to publicly say what has taken place over the past few months.
Had an email from Mike the other day so perhaps I might email him back and see if he will respond to this thread in some way.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 7:31pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I don't know why he would waste his time posting anything on here after all the B/S he got from members here over subscriptions being late. Dam shame was a great mag with great articles and pics
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pomahaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 7:47pm
pomahaka View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

it is one of the better reads in fishing mags always looked forward to it

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 8:36pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

was a bloody good magazine,certainly seemed to be about the sport rather than the advertisers
i just want to go fishing..........amd ignore all my adult problems
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fitzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 9:07pm
fitzy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

While it's sad to see any venture fail I can't say I'm surprised.
To be frank much of the writing was amateurish and poorly edited. Mike lacked objectivity in much of his own writing and comments.

The layout and design was poor and overall it was a visual nightmare! Whilst the general content of NZ Fishing World is poor, at least it's readable.
I'm not surprised that the big advertisers never supported Coast to Coast.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raumatibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 9:31pm
Raumatibeach View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by fitzy fitzy wrote:

While it's sad to see any venture fail I can't say I'm surprised.
To be frank much of the writing was amateurish and poorly edited. Mike lacked objectivity in much of his own writing and comments.

The layout and design was poor and overall it was a visual nightmare! Whilst the general content of NZ Fishing World is poor, at least it's readable.
I'm not surprised that the big advertisers never supported Coast to Coast.

I pretty much agree with this, sad to see it go if thats what happened as it obviously had its fans.
Get off my lawn....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wide Load Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 11:34pm
Wide Load View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

If it has gone it's a sad thing!
Although I didn't buy it every month, I enjoyed the read when I did. The mag showed the personal  dedication the man has and it was obvious the amount of effort that he put into it.
Thanks Mike, your endeavour wasn't wasted!

Regards John
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TM. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 12:27am
TM. View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

wow some tough critics here....its a fishing mag not the wall street journal...I liked it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 6:19am
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

was the only one I bought now days
Personally, Mike was one of the best guys I met through these forums
The thing I enjoyed the most was it felt personal and may be thats what the 2 people that "were not surprised" were getting at, they dont like the personal touch.
His (Mikes) opinion was his thoughts from the heart
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 6:54am
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Barrie Barrie wrote:

was the only one I bought now days
Personally, Mike was one of the best guys I met through these forums
The thing I enjoyed the most was it felt personal and may be thats what the 2 people that "were not surprised" were getting at, they dont like the personal touch.
His (Mikes) opinion was his thoughts from the heart

Correct in every way Barrie Clap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mouthu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 9:17am
mouthu View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

So where has it actually been reported as fact that the magazine has gone under?

Some of you here are total ****ers. That blooted out word starts with a W.
Yes it was me, I screwed it up for everyone.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 9:24am
smelli View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Be a shame if it has gone under. I enjoy reading it heaps
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishing Addiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 10:01am
Fishing Addiction View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Think i would be keen on getting some facts. great mag and hope its still going
Page  123 13>