Custom House Bait

Page  <12
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 1:27pm
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

having had a go at shell , I understand the amount of work that has gone into these lures , Sam very well done Thumbs Up  , won't be long and you are going to have to give up your day job  Big smile ,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 4:27pm
fish i View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Love your work bro. Paua to the people. Good skills
6th place in the inaugural Te Kauwhata Regionals paddle crab division
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nepptune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 9:09pm
Nepptune View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Sam can you PM me prices mate.... insane work bro... truly magic!
TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ReelAppealLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 11:38pm
ReelAppealLures View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Nepptune Nepptune wrote:

Sam can you PM me prices mate.... insane work bro... truly magic!

Howzit Dre... PM coming your way bro Thumbs Up
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Reel-Appeal-Lures/300309486704362
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ReelAppealLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 11:39pm
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks for comments guys...Thumbs Up

Thought I would share them as they don't show up too much on the market.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fishmad1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 11:42pm
fishmad1 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey Sam

How is that big one going?
www.hi-ika.com
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ReelAppealLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 11:55pm
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by fishmad1 fishmad1 wrote:

Hey Sam

How is that big one going?

Hi Clem,

Still in testing... Made some small changes to the lure ballast, now closer to 185-190g. Swam it the other day with ST76 5/0's and they are perfect, but I really want to see it swimming singles... But with the larger lures you lose hook coverage using singles...Catch 22.

Will update on FB as I progress with the lure Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote silver335 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 8:09am
silver335 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

haha Take the Anger out on my New Bluefin casting rod Graeme so shes a nice and strong bugger :) 

Sam ill make sure to treat that lure right once Graeme comes off of it :) Thanks again Mate and ill try to make you proud!!

Originally posted by Men In Black Men In Black wrote:

I have this lure in my hot little hand... If only it wasn't due to be sent to the USA in a week or soAngry
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fishmad1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 6:16pm
fishmad1 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey Sam...

We are using barbless 5/0 ST/76's in Oman...big treble but work well down there
www.hi-ika.com
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote silver335 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 5:12pm
silver335 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by ReelAppealLures ReelAppealLures wrote:

New bait from the RAL Custom House...

NZ Paua, full "foiled" finish using real shell... A few hours went into this one. 100g unrigged.

No amount of my poor photography will get this to 'pop' like it does in natural sunlight. I will produce these in limited numbers as the shell is very expensive and adds to the over all price of the bait. Making up another for NOMAD NZ, and then will have some others ready in a few weeks/months...

This bait is destined to fish for some BIG tuna in the USA. Make sure you pop by the Synit display at the Boat Show as Graeme will have the lure and we need to keep him honest. Wink

Sam, Just got this lure a few days ago and i must say its Sweet As!!! Its such a beautiful piece of art im scared to fish it haha :) Sam How do you suggest i rig it for the best balance and action? Also id Love to get my hands on one of the new Poppers you are working on with the big cup face as thats my passion for Bluefin fishing :) Ask Graeme as i just put in for 6 new tuna Casting rods for this season Wink 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fishmad1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 5:42pm
fishmad1 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Lucky enough to have one of these too...awesome lure, cant wait for the season
www.hi-ika.com
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ReelAppealLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 11:30pm
Platinum
Platinum

Mike you have the very first one made in your hands, so they have evolved a little since then... Always trying to perfect the process and do justice to the shell. I have more shell arriving in a few days so I will be making a couple more for an order, be good to get away from the airbrush for an afternoon.

As for rigging, I like it with the R2S Shogun In-line hooks, in either 7/0 or 8/0 they really let it do it's own thing without dampning any action IMO. The lure you have has been wired for a JOBU however, but just twist it some more for in-lines. If you want to use trebles 2/0 to 4/0 66's depending on the amount of hook exposure you want.

As for the popper, well it's still in testing and needs destroying before going any further... GT testing is up first. Merv also wants one for Bluefin so you guys are first on the list!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote silver335 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 2:38am
silver335 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by ReelAppealLures ReelAppealLures wrote:

Mike you have the very first one made in your hands, so they have evolved a little since then... Always trying to perfect the process and do justice to the shell. I have more shell arriving in a few days so I will be making a couple more for an order, be good to get away from the airbrush for an afternoon.

As for rigging, I like it with the R2S Shogun In-line hooks, in either 7/0 or 8/0 they really let it do it's own thing without dampning any action IMO. The lure you have has been wired for a JOBU however, but just twist it some more for in-lines. If you want to use trebles 2/0 to 4/0 66's depending on the amount of hook exposure you want.

As for the popper, well it's still in testing and needs destroying before going any further... GT testing is up first. Merv also wants one for Bluefin so you guys are first on the list!

Well for being your first one Sam its a work of art so i can only imagine what the newer ones look like Clap 
Thanks for the rigging suggestions, i will play with different hooks combos to see what will work best for the Big Tuna's! 

Ha ha ha i bet Merv Does want one as well Wink the way they throw water looks wicked and sure to call a fish up from the deep!!! hope to have some great pictures for You and Merv this coming season as weather dependent i may be spending a month or more straight at it ha ha ha!! Cheers Sam
Page  <12