The boat build (photo intensive)

Page  <1234 9>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ShaunQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 11:06pm
ShaunQ View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Blimy sick boat and love the attention to detail and hours with ya old man that must have gone into this, all the best with the launch.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Aaron C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 11:42pm
Aaron C View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

wow man, Im pretty sure youre doing what most of us can only imagine accomplishing.

I really admire your attitude in starting and following through on your project. I hope it performs exactly how you want it too.

good on ya mate and thanks for ptting up the progress pics

Any thoughts to what the final colour and name might be.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Millsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 11:32am
Millsy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Color. Will probably use International Toplac paints

Hull/outside Squall Blue

Inside/topsides/deck Cream (or Ivory depending on which one is more pale yellow). The Ivory may be too pale which will be too glarey on the perfect days I will be going fishing. 

The name is a secret for now, you'll just have to wait and see.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wetdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 8:40am
wetdream View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Love the Oxford Blue as well, would look flash with the pale blue and white.....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FISHBYFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 7:05pm
FISHBYFLY View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Heres a tip from a Boatbuilder,
International paints are good, but bloody expensive
get some quotes from Altex paints,kiwi company that make great products.
Btw, great work your doing there, great to see the use of traditional methods and materials,
nothing looks better than something built with loveThumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 7:37pm
Clutch View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Absolutely brilliant mate!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wiski23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 9:43pm
Wiski23 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Man that is awesome,can't wait for more pics
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Millsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 2:26pm
Millsy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by FISHBYFLY FISHBYFLY wrote:

International paints are good, but bloody expensive
get some quotes from Altex paints,kiwi company that make great products.

Cheers, I flicked them an email.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Te Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 10:01pm
Te Dude View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Good on ya, what an awesome project!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Millsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 4:34pm
Millsy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Glassed and finished the top sides. Transom pretty much complete except for the trim

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote C A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 4:50pm
C A View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

its not showing up dude, says its been moved or deleted?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Millsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2012 at 11:09am
Millsy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

*** pics fixed ***

The quote I got for Altex paint was $100 more expensive than International. That was also for the International 2 pot range!. 

If someone has any idea how to calculate how much paint I will need for undercoat and top coats I would very much appreciated. I have had one quote from about 6 emails sent [which I consider pretty sh#t].

I love how retailers sit behind desks these days. Where are all the old salesmen who actually had in interest in what they were selling?

Rant over.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Millsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 10:59am
Millsy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I got a reply from Altex paints after my grumpy email which I am very grateful for.

Reckon the surface area is @ 24m2 based on the sheets of ply I used.

The wheels are in motion again.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Millsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 3:28pm
Millsy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Altex paints came to the party. 

Most impressed with the service considering they work with a lot of million dollar plus boats yet the rep drove to my shed to check out my build. Big thumbs up.

I can basically get any color I want. You will all have to wait and see.

Started on the console now. 2 sides just to get an idea of the outline etc. Looks a bit odd, but you have to use a fair amount of imagination at this point.

The front seat is made also. That will screw in or screw out depending on my mood. Seat will be 13" wide so it will be used to stand on to cast from in reality.

The chilly bin can live either in front of the console to make a T shape seat with the front seat or sideways behind the console for a seat [or left out].

Cut out the holes for the flat-top cleats and rod holders also.

Beer time. Rum soon.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mike.Thomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2012 at 11:31am
Mike.Thomas View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Looking Better and Better, I look forward to seeing the colour, I am betting it won't be Pink!
All the best.
Mike
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki-Fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 2:25pm
Naki-Fisher View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Wow man that's so cool good on ya and I hope you catch many a fish off it
The 20lb+ Snapper club No Longer Eludes me Broken with a 12kg new PB
Goal for the next 12 months: catch another 20lb+ Snap and watch it swim away
Hook a King LB here in the Naki.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Millsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2012 at 2:37pm
Millsy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Bit more done to the console.

Just getting the height right of the wheel.

Making sure everything is going to fit

Volla

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2012 at 3:23pm
smelli View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Lookin good mate... Been enjoying following your progress....

when you get to trailer stage i was talking to built to fish last night and he told me about this bloke on TM that does trailers and they seem quite cheap ??

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boats-marine/parts-accessories/boat-trailers/auction-486279744.htm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote matto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2012 at 3:24pm
matto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thumbs Up looking sweeeettttttt !!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raging Bull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2012 at 3:44pm
Raging Bull View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt
Big Sexy

Awesome boat, great project. Will look awesome once ya get the game poles set up!Wink
Page  <1234 9>