Chirp, chirp, chrip...WOW!!!!!!

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chirp, chirp, chrip...WOW!!!!!!
    Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 8:40pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

On a small Wellington stream, two guys... my figures... 7lbs, 7.25lbs, 8lbs, 6lbs, 6lbs!!!!... My fish'n partner for the day whose a forum member here... 4.5lbs, 5.5lbs, 9lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The fish at present are in amazing condition and have really piled it on the last 3-4 weeks. This is a massive average size for Wellington fish.

Absolutley knackered from chuck'n Cicada's, but nearly all on film including the takes, give me a few days to sort out pics and slap a movie clip together and will post.

Was first outing with the head mounted GoPro on the river - pretty dissapointed really, head mount moves around far to much but have some great footage none the less.... standby.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote michael29973 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 9:48pm
michael29973 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

far out awesome stuff. heading to the rua tomorrow but now wondering if i should head in the hills somewhere..

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 10:06pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Go back country Mike, you won't regret it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Shut up and fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 10:17pm
Shut up and fish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

ooh nice hopefully well be as knakered as you by tomorrow afternoon
Gidday Mate
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pole Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 7:52am
Pole Dancer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sensational!!!
www.clarkreid.co.nz   FFF Certified Casting Instructor / Umpqua Designer Tier
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 10:42am
Slab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Holy crap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 12:59pm
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Show us Andrew!!! Share the lurrrve.
You cant eat my toast fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 2:59pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Voila!... it's a slow day at work... 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 3:48pm
Slab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Top marks Andrew, what a day, thats some world class action right there... same river as your recent 10lber?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 4:03pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yup, the big boy nowhere to be seen this time round though. The Cicada action is dwindling fast, lot's of dead ones now killed off no doubt by the recent spate of Southerlies. There was a few awesome clips I had to leave out due to the bloody camera fogging - it was pretty cold.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 4:16pm
Slab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Might have a look one day next week if I can manage my work dairy, would you be keen?

I was thinkin about getting a go pro but I can see a few limitations, awesome clip you stitched together in any case

BTW is that section subject to a closed season?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fissure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 5:55am
Fissure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

great clip. good to see yer using that camera. might give that a try one dayLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote peterdb1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 8:23am
peterdb1971 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Great stuff as ever Andrew. Not managed to get out there much recently but watching your clips makes up for it a wee bitConfused
Slab - that stream is closed for the winter to leave those beauties time to do their stuff and retain as much of the cicada weight as possible. Gonna have to wait till October.........or get out there in the next 6 weeks. Might pay to wait though as looking at Andrew's recent efforts most of the fish in that stretch have a sore mouthWink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 10:11am
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cheers Peter, sure is sight fishing at it's finest! To give you an indication of weight gains feeding on Cicada at present, that first fish in the clip was approx. 100 grams heavier than she (or he, can't figure out if it's a young jack or a hen!) 3-4 weeks ago. It's easy to see how a fish can gain some weight feeding on them in a short space of time.

Are now starting to see a few refusals to Cicada so doubt the action will last too much longer down here.

Will touch base next week Slab.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Shut up and fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 4:25pm
Gold
Gold

absolutely stunning
Gidday Mate
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 4:27pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cheers, how did you and Mike get on yesterday Tane?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Shut up and fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 4:34pm
Gold
Gold

pretty poor we didnt get sorted and left a bit late. ended up just going to the rua. mike got about 5 all around 3lb, I just couldnt get things right and lost a fair few. we had a bit of fun with one double hook up where i took a photo of mikes fish and in the background you can see my fish flashing in the water. The river has been so high and numbers were quite a way down from a couple of weeks ago.
Gidday Mate
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Shut up and fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 4:37pm
Gold
Gold

and mike managed to get stuck in some quick silt and i had to go help dig him out, was a bit of a laugh after a slow day
Gidday Mate
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 4:50pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sounds like a fun day. Looking at the flows of last two weeks it got hit by a massive 1 in 10 year flood, so will knock the system round for sure - bummer, but it will bounce back. The Hutt had a 1 in 6 year flood as well.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Shut up and fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 5:21pm
Gold
Gold

ye mike was telling me something about that, there was a lot of 20 odd cm rainbows which is a good sign for the future
Gidday Mate
Page  12>