LegaSea

Page  <1 45678 94>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 4.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 6:37am
John H View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks Guys.
Good thinking Kent Smile
You could also try and get you mates to join !!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bad uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 6:34pm
Bad uncle View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

ive done that John, i will just have to wait and see Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 9:40pm
John H View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

For those that may have missed the post from Smudge.

These dophins are threated and changes to commercial fishing and possibly recreatrional boating activity may be made on the west coast and in some harbours.  The proposals cover just about every man made threat from nets, to boats, to diseases.

A public meeting to discuss the review of the dolphin threat management plan is being held on Tuesday 6 November at Titirangi RSA at 7pm. A representative from MPI and DoC has been invited to attend and address the meeting, as there are likely to be questions around the process and the proposed measures.

Would you please advise the Zone 2 representatives of the Tuesday meeting and advise that other people are most welcome to attend.

Details are:

Venue: Titirangi RSA, Library room. 502 South Titirangi Road, Titirangi village.

Time: 7pm – 9pm (approx)

Parking: ample parking at club or outside on-street.

Recommendation: that people bring written questions to give to MPI and/or DoC as their representative is not likely to have all the answers available on the night.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote LegaSea - Adam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 4:30pm
LegaSea - Adam View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Click Here to get the code to display the "Official Contributor" icon in your signature -
A huge thanks to those who have contributed and are proud to show their support. It all helps to spread the word. Cheers guys.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 12:10pm
Speedy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

On board here too Thumbs Up and with a coupla shirts sorted for Christmas presents too... One for the old man, the wife and couple for me!

Thanks for the phone call just now too Tim - good luck for the weekend Wink...

Proud supporter of Ronald McDonald House & the team at Legasea

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote straks007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 7:59pm
straks007 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Donation made. Keep up the great work guysClap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 8:01pm
John H View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks S007
The tide is coming in!

Signed up the Tutukaka South Pacific Yacht Club at their AGM today.

$2 per member including the American members we picked up when Chris Dixon sailed Tag Heuer in the Americas Cup under our Burgee.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marco77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 9:18pm
Marco77 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Done :)

Tight Lines !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 10:15pm
John H View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cheers Marco

You will get a phone call from Tim Taylor, just to say thanks. If you have any questions just ask.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marco77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 10:20pm
Marco77 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

No Problem glad to do my bit John i enjoy the fishing here since moving from Scotland if i can help in any way to conserve these waters it's a small price to pay mate Wink

Will also try and see if my boss will host one of your information stands in the studio recpetion at work

Tight Lines !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Merlin the marlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 8:21am
Merlin the marlin View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by John H John H wrote:

Thanks Guys.
Good thinking Kent Smile
You could also try and get you mates to join !!!

How's the numbers stacking up in regards to donations?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 9:03pm
John H View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

We are making steady progress.
About 3,000 supporters for around $60,000.
All of this goes towards the workstreams Advocacy, Research, Edcation and working Together.
Company/corportate sponsors will cover all the engine room, printing, website etc.  So all the money from supporters goes to working towards more fish in the water for future generations. 

I was in Wellington with Mark Conner (NZSFC) last week for the National Rock Lobster Management Group 2012 review. First time we have been able to afford that.  Only observer status for now.
Also a one on one meeting with the Ministeries Inshore Fisheries Manager.

This week is was Tuna & Billfish management in the HMS Fisheries plan meeting Tuesday.  Highly Migratory Species research review Thursday and Review of Marlin Management in NZ on Friday.

Never a dull moment.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Merlin the marlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 12:16am
Merlin the marlin View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by John H John H wrote:

We are making steady progress.
About 3,000 supporters for around $60,000.
All of this goes towards the workstreams Advocacy, Research, Edcation and working Together.
Company/corportate sponsors will cover all the engine room, printing, website etc.  So all the money from supporters goes to working towards more fish in the water for future generations. 

I was in Wellington with Mark Conner (NZSFC) last week for the National Rock Lobster Management Group 2012 review. First time we have been able to afford that.  Only observer status for now.
Also a one on one meeting with the Ministeries Inshore Fisheries Manager.

This week is was Tuna & Billfish management in the HMS Fisheries plan meeting Tuesday.  Highly Migratory Species research review Thursday and Review of Marlin Management in NZ on Friday.

Never a dull moment.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Interesting. Good on ya's.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 10:03am
John H View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Most NZers Love eating fish
Some LOVE eating the interesting bits with the bones in.
Here at LegaSea we are keen to connect people that have more fish heads than they can use with those that will eat them. we even have an online tool to make it happen. Check it out

Just remember it is a Crime to sell or trade any part of your amateur catch.
We think it is Wrong to Waste Good Fish that others would gladly take off you hands.

Make a phone call and give it away. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 10:38am
John H View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

If you just eat the fillets of fish you are throwing half of the fish away.

When we get enough I will smoke the wings and heads with any kahawai we keep.
Often a couple of fish are enough for us and I will make stock and pick through the head and wings for those tasty morsals next to the bone. Often the sweetest meat is in the belly if the fish is in good nick.

Remove the gills and gut first. wash off any slime or blood. Cover with water and cook for 15 minutes with a couple of bay leaves (reduces the fishy odor). I like pepper and a few other herbs as available, no need for salt. Take the fish out to eat hot or cold.  Boil to reduce the liquid by a third or half will concentrate the flavours. Strain into a container or several small ones to use in the next few days or freeze. Great with asian style noodles and dishes, risotto, soups.

Now if I get lots of heada and frames I can find someone how wants them on

www.freefishheads.co.nz/

When we were collecting kingfish heads to get the otoliths out for aging alot of heads were given to local marae. Some I smoked up.  There is a lot of eating in a kingfish head.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 8:58am
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Does Legasea have any info on the snapper spill in the coro area.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 12:07pm
John H View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cirrus  I have asked but no new info has come to light.  As stated in the Herald if anyone has info that may help track down the source of snapper washing up on Northern Coromandel beaches on New Year's day they can phone the Ministry's Ak office  09 8201990
Could be gear failure but whatever the cause it is a terrible waste.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 12:17pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

thanks john. you mention gear failure. If that was the case why are the culprits lying low. Further surely all commercial trawl gear must have certification. All working cargo vessels on the coast do
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 3:04pm
John H View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

My guess is that the fishers have been advised by owners/company to keep their heads down.  In the past SeaFic would be ready to defend any adverse media reports but would not fuel the story. Now they are called Seafod NZ and have a much reduced role.  The new structure is not fully in place but I believe  the Northern Fisheries Management Stakeholder Company Ltd would be the one answering to the media.
Under Safe Ship Management the vessels have to be safe for humans, does not include safe for fish. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 5:22pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

if the company did that would they not be obstructing justice and wasting mof time
Page  <1 45678 94>