Inchiku's

Page  <1 2728293031>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BFIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 8:43pm
BFIST View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I had my first time out trying these a week or so ago and this was the result.

Let's just say I'm sold on them and they won't be far from tackle box going forward.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaimaikid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2014 at 10:13am
kaimaikid View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Can these be used shore based and dragged along the bottom?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Devon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2014 at 10:42am
Devon View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Not really. They fish best when worked vertically however i have found them lethal on kahawai trolled behind the boat at times (weird I know). You'll just get them snagged casting them off the rocks and they arent cheap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rotate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 6:02pm
Rotate View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

both these using kavemans 150gm inchikus.have my mate hooked on them now.pic of mine was couple months ago and mates was from weekend
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 10:32pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hey Zeb do you change the assists or keep the pre rigged hooks?
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rotate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 10:45pm
Rotate View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

pre rigged!mate only snapped first set of hooks in weekend.but lure had caught 4 or more this size.i knew i was pushing my luck by not changing them out for him lol.have bought a few vmc #4 & #5 livebait hooks today to make up some slow pitch rigs.and put some on one of kavemans 150gms.they are same gape size as the prerigged but heavier gauge.i know the pre rigged hooks are not designed to be catching kingys but they sure do work.mate was still getting hit heaps when hooks had snapped and wondered why he hadnt hooked up haha.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 11:02pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah I'm thinking I need to start making my own assist for this, I already do my own for mech jigging.
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 11:08pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I've been using inchikus over the west coast in deep water. Recently I've been using Jitterbugs in candy apple 60g. All the fishing has been in 42 to 58m, all from an anchored boat. When I lost one Jitterbug to a large tope that did a typical 'death roll' at the boat - I'm only using 15lb fluoro leader - I tied on a cheapie in blue and chrome at 100g and it worked just as well (see third pic). Most occasions they do as well or better than bait on snapper, pick up more gurnard and their fair share of sharks.

Here's some pics:

My mate Stu with my biggest so far in inchikus would have been a great pic if I didn't screw up my camera settings and took it in low res... somewhere between 15 and 17lbs

I've been using these pro Hunters at $30 for three they work real well

Another Pro Hunter (I think that's what they are)

Much better hooks on the Jitterbugs - 60gm anchored boat - as usual - in 57m

Gurnard like them

Even young guys can use them - obviously just lucky Arron Big smile

Actually I have no idea if that was caught on an inchiku or not but it's a great pic Big smile

Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaimaikid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 5:41am
kaimaikid View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Quick question

Sorry couldn't find anywhere else to put it so I'll ask here

Yesterday was out Motiti, wind was NE and current was almost opposite direction and was fishing lucanus lure 80g on the drift and found most of the time after like 5 mins the line would be almost on a 45 deg angle from the boat

I take it for these types of lures to work they need to be straight up and down or doesn't it matter and they can be dragged along the bottom on big angles?

It had me thinking that I would need at least 160 - 200grm just to stay vertical yesterday

I did catch my first snapper on it yesterday using slow jigs fishing method so was stoked (no more stinky fingers lol) It has me hooked.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 7:28am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

kaimaikid..... biggest problem with fishing inchikus is slowing down your drift, i find any drift speed from 1/4 up to 1 knot is best. Good drogue is absolutely essential( make sure you get one the next size up from what they reccomend too)Wink
I have fished 200g+ jigs in 20+knots and drifting well over 1 kn and still catch fish, once the line gets over 45 deg, windup and redrop or cast forward.
ps,  gurnard love jigs dragged on the bottom well behind the boatThumbs Up

This carrot was 48cm long and 1.2kg caught on 150g Teardrop in 20knots drifting faster than 1 knot
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Espresso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 8:55am
Espresso View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Kaimai Kid - I was out yesterday too, outer gulf..will report up later...
Anyway I had my two big drogues out the back of my boat to slow down, I then could use micro jigs of 10 and 20gm mostly...in short answer, yes inchuku and slow jigs like a vertical motion, once you have drifted and get 45degree, wind in your lure and redrop.  However when the bite is good, I suggest using the bigger weights and no drogue, either use you engine to hold position, or redrift when bite stops (just quicker and easier when bite strong and not having to bring in drogues a lot).
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaimaikid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 10:59am
kaimaikid View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Cool as so I was right in my logic cheers guys

I love carrots 😉
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2014 at 1:31pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Is there a single inchiku that generally performs the best or catches the most?

Id like to buy one or two to give it a try and try to convince the mrs the money is worth it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BFIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2014 at 1:36pm
BFIST View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Catch kaburas for me.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishing Addiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2015 at 9:27am
Fishing Addiction View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Pink followed by blue jitterbugs in 80 and 120g would be a good starting point
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2015 at 9:42am
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

For work ups 3Om plus - my go to Bottomship 90gr silver lumo.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 1Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2015 at 10:24pm
1Daz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Whats every ones favourite slow pitch jig in the 60 -100g range at the mo? Theres quite a limited supply in all the tackle shops I go to, most have the saltiga ones, that about it.
Go the Warriors!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2015 at 10:28pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Fiz, I've been using 60g  candy apple (green with red skirts) Jitterbugs on both east and west coast the last three months and they have worked extremely well. Biggest snap in that time would be in the range of 15 to 17lb mark.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 9:09pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by 1Daz 1Daz wrote:

Whats every ones favourite slow pitch jig in the 60 -100g range at the mo? Theres quite a limited supply in all the tackle shops I go to, most have the saltiga ones, that about it.

Are you after slow pitch jigs OR inchikus as Smudge mentioned? (big difference)

60g is pretty light for slow pitch jigging but at the heavy end for casting jigsWink
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 1Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 9:00am
1Daz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Slow pitch
Go the Warriors!
Page  <1 2728293031>