Inchiku's

Page  <1 34567 31>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 10:14pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Here ya go Lethal, I was just going thru some old pics from my kimberley trip, and found this one....:-)
....that Demon Lure you had pictured a page back! :-)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 1:00am
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

yeah thats the one Stu....
that a trev???
what happened to that chap???
he gave a few around to see how they would work in NZ waters...

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 9:47am
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That one and its brother ...ummm... gave their lives that otehr lures may last a little longer. That was at the lacipede islands in WA, and in that one morning I lost...I think.... 17 lures. Including the two demons. Spanish mackerel were dynamite, and they were not hitting the lures as much as biting the line where it was racing thru the water lifting a wake after other fish had hooked up! Not a lot you can do about that really.... :-)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 7:56am
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Inchiku day for me today I have some nice new 10grm 20grm 30grm
Form the boys at yeehaa these things look the goods very high quality
Will wack some pics up tonight
http://www.facebook.com/hauraki.hillbillys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phishpula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 4:21pm
Phishpula View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

My trusty jitter bug lost its skirt so I am trying a new UV variety to see if there is any difference in hookup
Turtle free since 2012
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 5:38pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

will be waiting to see how this turns out, good thinking Phishpula.....
Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phishpula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 6:52pm
Phishpula View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Its a disease..its now spreading to my jigs or are they now large inchiku's ...someone make it stopLOL
Matching UV colours. 

But my next plan will be getting some of these http://www.yeehaa.co.nz/carpenter.poppers_8.html  And doing the same with two UV squid skirts stuff some Special Sauce up the skirt and see what happens...
Turtle free since 2012
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishing Addiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 8:21pm
Fishing Addiction View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

have you given the uv ones a try? Must admit to putting a squid skirt or 2 on 100g jigs
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:34pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

looking good Phishpula....
they keep calling you, better loose some to cout's so you can make more....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kadin32815 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 9:07am
kadin32815 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey guys cool thread after reading it last night i had a play around this is what i came up with. Don't think they really count as inchiku jigs more like slow jig meets cyclops meets soft bait but its all i had to work with.

top one is 40 grams and bottom is 20 grams with a grub on the new worm hook will give them a go tomorrow

not as flash as yours but i think the extra dangley bits should get a few more hits than just the jig head.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 7:45pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

500 gram inchiku jig,worked well on the bass and kingies at the 3 kings,custom made assist hooks and rigged on 130 pd leader and 37 kg braid.got down 100 mtrs no worries
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 3:13pm
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bought my first inchikus today. Couple of 60g Jitterbugs (blue), 40g Pro Hunter Prowler (pink). Looking forward to giving them a go this weekend.
What's the cheapest type of meat? Dear balls. They're under a buck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishing Addiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 3:23pm
Fishing Addiction View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

jumped on the ship finatic. find some sign. straight to the bottom. 3 or 4 slow winds and that should get them. or slow mechanical jig if they are a bit more fiesty. keep line vertical at all times. 60g is my go to weight. blue jitterbug will be my first pick. especially under work ups
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 3:29pm
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cheers for the tips FA. Have a copy of the latest NZ Fishing World mag which has a bit of a guide to them too.
What's the cheapest type of meat? Dear balls. They're under a buck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mahiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 7:35pm
Mahiman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by of2fsh of2fsh wrote:

500 gram inchiku jig,worked well on the bass and kingies at the 3 kings,custom made assist hooks and rigged on 130 pd leader and 37 kg braid.got down 100 mtrs no worries
Ahh been waiting to see if these worked, is this one of the giant Jitterbugs I gave Justin??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 7:50pm
cod View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

they worked good paul,had plenty of fun with them
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 11:15pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Your onto a winner there Paul ,very good lure and gets down in 100 mtrs easily
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fenien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 7:51am
Fenien View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

The small inchikus work pretty good too.Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kadin32815 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 10:05am
kadin32815 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

http://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/fishing/salt-water/jig-heads/auction-477629509.htm
these look the goods for the price even  tho they are unrigged.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 10:10pm
Slyde View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I'm starting to get the hang of these jitterbugs, caught 9 fat snaps and a JD on the hooks bay reef last sunday on 80 gram green lure using my overhead soft bait set - curado and backbone elite . The rod seems a little soft for this weight at 35 metres depth, so what gear are you experts recommending. I'm looking to get a more task-specific rod but can't seem to find much good advice.
Cheers
Slyde
Page  <1 34567 31>