WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE YOUR FORUM HANDLE?

Page  <1234 7>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 10:09am
sulla View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

After the 1st century AD, there were pysical qualifications such as height - before that there was a property qualification (you had to be able to supply your own gear. In the last century BC, Gaius Marius changed the playing field by letting the poor of Rome into the legions and opened the floodgates for others to be allowed, such as the provincials). But by that era there were a lot of conscripts in the legions who were from other parts of the empire ie Gauls, Germans, Spaniards. Gauls and Germans in particular were considered giants by the Romans, but reports from Caesars' Gallic Wars say that "giant" was 6"3, 6"4. Once the Romans figured out that they could get the provincials to man the legions, true Romans from Rome ceased to feature in the Legions.

NO BETTER FRIEND
NO WORSE ENEMY
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 10:42am
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

When I signed up, I was 29 years old and had my Telecaster sitting across my lap.

Now I am 32 and had to sell the Tele to pay things like rent and petrol. The joys of the single-income father.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 11:08am
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

We should start an "Interesting things about ancient history" forum! I'd be keen. :-)

Only the 2 asparagusses here, Blue Asparagus, which is just plain weird, and Captain Asparagus, not weird at all, but NZs only registered superhero.
You should see me in my lime-green lycra uniform, purple cape, flying helmet and goggles,, with a pair (or two) of socks shoved down the front for the heroic posing to impress ze ladeez. Not weird at all.
On second thoughts, unless you are already in long term counselling, perhaps you should not see me in my lime-green lycra uniform, purple cape, flying helmet and goggles, with a pair (or two) of socks shoved down the front for the heroic posing to impress ze ladeez. Especially after you have had a large meal.
repeat... not weird at all. Honest.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 11:09am
Fletch View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Homage to my father in law and my wife. Was never into fishing, untill he gave me his share of his boat. A ramco dominator 555. He gave me/us the boat on condition I married his daughter...(was going to anyhoo). He allways called his daughter peanut (small and cute as a...) so found it fit when we took full ownership of the boat to name it after her. peanut.
Nothing to do with drugs. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 2:07pm
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Pretty simple for me, boat name is "Salty Corsair" but couldn't be bothered with a handle that long so ....SaltyC
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Double Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 2:07pm
Double Shot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Catchelot Catchelot wrote:

Originally posted by mangre 2 mangre 2 wrote:

Mangre short for, manolito montoya

or Mangare town centre

Ha, the High Chaparral...very cool PaulCool

or is it cos you come from Mangere?LOL

Me, it was Cachelot which is old french spelling for Sperm Whale...but too many folks ask why Cache... so I changed it back to Catchelot...why cos I catch sht loadsLOL

In your dreams Al...LOL

Pretty easy really, my second boat to have the name Predator, I like it and find it fitting as I enjoy fishing and hunting so am a bit of a predator...Exclamationbefore you open up AL not that sort of predator you sick northland sad sack...LOLLOLLOL
70ml of 90deg C water pressurised through 13g of roasted finely ground tamped coffee for 25sec's to make a distinguishing sensory hit called a Double Shot    
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 2:23pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

HAHA cheeky bugga...I still reckon you should put the POOCHY plate on the back of your trailer and then change your forum name.LOL 

And we all know your Mrs Poochy catches far bigger fish than you BroHug
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote johnybegood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 2:45pm
johnybegood View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Mines pretty boring,
Found this site at the start of 7th form (or year 13) and would jump on during design classes.. Read a few good posts and decided I needed to join. Was sitting in front of the computer one morning with some music on, couldn't think of a name and then Johny be good started playing. Thought what the heck sounds ok. Although I contemplate changing it from time to time..
I just want to jig
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Greywulff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 4:50pm
Greywulff View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Greywulff,

The Grey Wulff represents a bushy, high floating spent mayfly, that remains visible into the evening twilight, and rides well in rough water. Every modern fly angler should have one or more of Lee Wulff's innovations in there flybox.

The Wulff series of fly patterns were developed by Lee Wulff. Lee died in his 86th year at the controls of his light plane in 1991.

I was given my first Greywulff at the age of 7 and over the years spent countless hours hunting down big Irish trout with one of these flies. Also named two boats Greywulff, the fly is that good..... 

Your not walking on water while I'm fishing here.......
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 5:24pm
"Scooter" View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

J C are the first letters of my name,,,so I can remember them without to much effort.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote H8_4DS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 6:47pm
H8_4DS View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Mine is my Number palte on my car.
Formally Known as nvmyvl
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote C A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 9:33pm
C A View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

connor-gistat 

connor is my first name, and gistat is short for gisborne/tatapouri, the area i fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 10:28pm
sulla View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Tele29 Tele29 wrote:

When I signed up, I was 29 years old and had my Telecaster sitting across my lap.

Now I am 32 and had to sell the Tele to pay things like rent and petrol. The joys of the single-income father.
Dude...you sold the Tele????Shocked Please tell me it wasn't a Fender. And if it was, PLEASE say it was Korean!!
NO BETTER FRIEND
NO WORSE ENEMY
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 12:11am
sulla View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Capt Asparagus Capt Asparagus wrote:

We should start an "Interesting things about ancient history" forum! I'd be keen. :-)

I'd be keen as on that, and I'm pretty sure Barrie would be too.

[/QUOTE] On second thoughts, unless you are already in long term counselling, perhaps you should not see me in my lime-green lycra uniform, purple cape, flying helmet and goggles, with a pair (or two) of socks shoved down the front for the heroic posing to impress ze ladeez. Especially after you have had a large meal.
repeat... not weird at all. Honest.[/QUOTE]
Lime green lycra...maybe it's time for a new handle.....The Green Lantern Asparagus!!?
NO BETTER FRIEND
NO WORSE ENEMY
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Seth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 10:59am
Seth View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cause thats the name I was born with and my normal handle was already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote worksux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 11:55am
worksux View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Be cause it does.

Just ticked up 40yrs in the trade and I guess I'm a little over it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 10:18am
sulla View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by worksux worksux wrote:

Be cause it does.

Just ticked up 40yrs in the trade and I guess I'm a little over it.
40 years is a long time in the same bizzo bro. Your handle sums up my attitudeTongue
NO BETTER FRIEND
NO WORSE ENEMY
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skidder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 9:17am
skidder View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Got the nickname from my mates 20yrs ago driving an RV, after a couple, in heavy rain heading from Taupo to Rotorua and lost it on a corner. Mates were at the bar fridge getting a beer when she went sideways....thus Skidder. btw I did overcorrect but we made it to Rotorua upright and safe which is the main thing.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tas-tackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 2:27pm
tas-tackle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

well mine was sort of allocated to me way back in the early 70's ... Always had a passion for fishing and was keen to learn and caught heaps... All the parties I attended , I would bring a fresh caught whole snapper or two, wrapped in foil with salt,  pepper, butter, lemon rings and heaps of dill and parsley.. These were thrown on the BBQ and devoured as an entree to the main bbq meal... when new folk came to meet me.. they would then say...  oohhhh your that "fisher" guy that brings all the magic fish...  so "fisher" just stuck....  I have used it on all the forums I attend but found there was another already here so changed it.. but it just didn't feel right.. so on here I became  *fisher*

http://www.tas-tackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 6:00pm
Cbro View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

old gaming handle.
Page  <1234 7>