Any home brewers?

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 6:16am
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by connor-gistat connor-gistat wrote:

Originally posted by Barrie Barrie wrote:

my old man does it hes the president of the home brewers and winemakers association nz,got top beer in the nationals a few years ago which is pretty good effort!

have they got a web site?

I emailed the Auckland one but no reply as of yet

he said yep buts quite old, can get you an email address to get in contact with the auckland branch if you want??

thanks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 1Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 11:11am
1Daz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Dutchy_fisher Dutchy_fisher wrote:

Originally posted by 1Daz 1Daz wrote:

I've only started making beer in the last 4-5 months but been making spirits for a few years now. The mexicana is my favourite i've made so far.
Originally posted by Dutchy_fisher Dutchy_fisher wrote:

yeah that is great pack if you buy it as the box pack (and can control your fermenting temp for special yeast) I recommend  Cascade and Goldings Hops they are super easy with those packs and make a world of difference :)

Sorry got confused with Mexican Cerveza
yea mate thats what I meant. Coopers and The Mangrove Jacks both do a mexican cervaza. Mangrove jacks probally my favourite but not as strong as the coopers  I think.
Go the Warriors!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dutchy_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 1:04pm
Dutchy_fisher View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

ohk, should really give the coopers a go aswell. I am like you though, i like the Mangrove.

do you bottle or keg your beer?
always keen for a fish! 0220901730

http://www.theworldwidefishingclub.com
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KikBac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 10:05am
KikBac View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I do an all malt pale ale - nothing but amber malt, green bullet hops and ale yeast. I have also done a manuka honey ale (substitute manuka honey for some of the brewers sugar) and kawakawa bush beer (substitute kawakawa for hops.) No complaints thus far...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote C A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 8:35pm
C A View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

my old man does it hes the president of the home brewers and winemakers association nz,got top beer in the nationals a few years ago which is pretty good effort!

have they got a web site?

I emailed the Auckland one but no reply as of yet

he said yep buts quite old, can get you an email address to get in contact with the auckland branch if you want??

thanks

sweet as il pm you it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote EFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2011 at 11:25pm
EFC View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

wow great set up. Beer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2022 at 4:14pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Havent done a home brew since the 1st lockdown,Hmm 24 bottles of "stout" didnt last long.

2 weeks ago found the fermentor sitting there looking all dusty,quick clean and inside still clean.Put down a lion brown style 2 weeks ago ,now to bottle hoping be ready xmas day sampling.Better turn out ok ,otherwise a dry day.
Have a seperate fermentor for wine. Actually drinkable while bottlingBig smile
Have 30 bottles of brewed red wine in reserve,been down for 6 months.
Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2022 at 7:13pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Something I keep promising myself to do. One of many things
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2022 at 7:46pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Something I keep promising myself to do. One of many things
Detication "smudge" once you have found a suitable beer,commercial taste like C@#P. trial and error.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2022 at 8:58pm
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Pcj Pcj wrote:

Put down a lion brown style 2 weeks ago ,now to bottle hoping be ready xmas day sampling.
I know of a few guys that could do a comparison test on that Wink
COVID is no joke !
One former patient was so brain damaged after , he thought he won an election he lost by 7 million votes .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 7:56pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 7:57pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Not quite ready no head but gassy no yeast flavour which is good.another week I think?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 5:26pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Now have head

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 9:41pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I am a regular home brewer.  Mostly great.Used to brew in UK out of a big plastic bucket which I brought over to NZ. It fell apart, so ended up replacing it with a Grainfather device.  Works great.

Will send some photos if i ever remember....
Page  <12