which stickbait rod ??

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 7:23am
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

"If you can afford it get the blue chaser for NZ kingfish. If you plan to do other trips overseas etc and can only afford one rod and plan to do ALOT of popper fishing then maybe something else "

As the original poster said he wants to chase kingfish and GTs I suggested the Endless Passion rods by Carpenter as  the tip is not quite as soft as on the BLC's  but imho casts better than the BLCs and works 120 -160 gr stickbaits really good . Smile Personally I didn't like the 83/40 but do like the 84/18 .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Falco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 7:57am
Falco View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The EP's do get alot of kudos for the "if you could pick one rod,what would it be?" scenario.
as dead as dead is
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kIWir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 12:07pm
kIWir View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Carpenter is for sure the best in class..check out how popular they are globally when it comes to GT n kingfish casting rod. Other brand if I may suggest is the MC Works and Ripple Fisher. These 2 are also best in class. No doubt. Forget the rest if you do have the money to spend on the top gear. These brands are famous because they have been tested and proven by top anglers from all around the globe. And it takes time to be on that spot...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 1:50pm
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Agree about MC Works , really good rods , haven't fished with a Ripple Fisher yet.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote accurate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 1:43am
accurate View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Legacy Legacy wrote:

For 100-160 gr stickbaits and lightish poppers a good all round rod would be Carpenters Endless Passion 85/36 . Made for ease of casting and I find has a real good control of stickbaits in that range . There is also the BLC 83/40 which is very popular . Where are you based ?

Im based in QLD for work at the moment, But I am lucky enough to spend a fair amount of the summer back in NZ around the top of the South Island and fish in QLD during the winter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote accurate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 1:54am
accurate View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks for all the info, It seems as though there is definitely a couple of brands that keep coming up as a good option. Im running a smith komodo as my popper rod so the new rod will be solely for the stickbaits. I looked at a smith stickbait rod but I felt the foregrip was a little short for me. I will do a little research on the models suggested and see what is available to me. I know I can get the ripple fishers and yamaga locally but I have rarely seen the mc/carpenters/hots rods for sale. Thanks again.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 6:44pm
laidbackdood View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by ChrisW ChrisW wrote:

have the new JM Surface Assassin stickbait rods arriving next week.  Details unavailable at the mo but look out for an announcement next week. 
these come in yet chris?
Once the idiots turn up..Im outta here...No time for Drama Queens.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ChrisW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 8:21pm
ChrisW View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Thursday!
give it death!
Page  <12