'Post your rod' Picture thread

Page  <1 34567 9>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 9:45pm
smelli View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Looks great Stefan
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=717361
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 7:47pm
Stefan View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Right, this is the first blank I have bought about 2 or three years ago a CTS Seamaster 5'6" 150-350g and ordered titanium SIC guides from Mudhole (Before my little one came along and I had some money...) Been to scared to start it in case I mucked it up. Three rods and a visit to Men in Black who made grips and sorted me out with a gimbal and reel seat etc (Cheers Graeme you're a bloody legend). A bit of time in the garage and.... Pretty stoked with this one, have a Fin Nor 16 loaded with 50lb braid to wage war on kingies.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 7:57pm
smelli View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Not really a rod build but did my own repair today.. Had a guide needed replacing so cut the old one off and left the under-binding in place.
Taped the new guide in place and then bound it on-took me a couple of goes taking cotton on and off to get it how i thought it should be and third time round i was happy.
All have to do now is take into HST and get the epoxy put on it for me which have been quoted max $10.
Big thnx to Tomatron for the guide and cotton and the coaching,did it all without a rod turning machine too. Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote C A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 8:03pm
C A View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

mean bro, looking good!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 8:09pm
smelli View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Thnx, didnt get the blue cotton of underbinding in the middle of new guide but the guide was a bit longer than the old one so all good.
Theres a few slight gaps where cotton not perfectly right beside each other but i dont think will fall off when glued and like Tom said he gave me black cos wont hardly see any not quite perfect bits once glued.. GRIN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Griffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 3:48pm
Griffo View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

This is my latest:

- Synit Deepshot 100g blank @ 5'5"
- Acid Wrapped NZ styles
- Finished weight 196g
- Custom turned EVA grips
- Fuji MN frame alconite guides
- Fuji SK2 split reel seat
- Fuji graphite gimbal
- Black over Sulky silver metallic
- Prokote finish

didn't spend too much time on fancy bindings on this one but it came out pretty clean. The flat Sulky thread was tricky to lay down for the first 3 guides because the blank is quite bumpy because of the extra outer layer carbon reinforcement through the handle and mid section... but all sweet once down onto the flat graphite.

Gonna use this baby for everything from deep water softbaiting, straylining to mechanical jigging Thumbs Up.

Mark
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 3:54pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Looks good Mark, What does it load up like ? Is the first guide close to the fore grip because of the reel height ?

Thumbs Up 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Griffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 4:13pm
Griffo View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey Moocha,
Took this pic when I was doing the static tests.. guides moved a little bit since then if I recall. will bend it again soon but the epoxy is a bit green right now.

I put the first guide close to keep the line from cutting into the foregrip when fully loaded up... should be able to keep thumb on top without losing it.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 4:24pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That looks mean well done, I was sure there was a reason and was curious Thumbs Up

Its great there are so many talented people on here giving it a crack Approve
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 6:26pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

looks awesome mate well done, cant wait to start my next one.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 8:35am
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Great looking build , well done very nice . Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Griffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 1:28pm
Griffo View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Loaded up. blank is rated to 10kg @ 45deg Shocked

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Badfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 2:10pm
Badfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Not exactly the same blank but one of the first prototypes of your hundy. At a little over 8kgs. (should put a disclaimer here telling you to stick to the rating but I know that never stops anyone so I wont bother. Tongue)
During the test phase on it's first trip out with Tzer last year at the jig comp I busted my 50lb braid on this 100gm rod ... I was gutted to lose the fish but a little more than impressed with the rod at the same time.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Elpescador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 2:20pm
Elpescador View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice the the incrementle adding in your video really shows off the action well.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishing Addiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 3:10pm
Fishing Addiction View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Amazing rods. Especially that lil synit acid. Thanks for the incremental load increases. I wouldn't know where to start , but applaud all the efforts of everyone here building their own
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 4:09pm
Titanium
Titanium

hey bad fish, is that an acid wrap?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Griffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 6:08pm
Griffo View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

First synit blank I have built on and can see why people from all over the world seek out these NZ made rods. You can tell a lot of R&D has gone into the blank design and the performance speaks for itself. Kiwi made quality Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishing Addiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 6:17pm
Fishing Addiction View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Blue asparagus: both griffo and badfish synits are acid wrapped. Note the guides starting on top like normal overhead but sliding around to the bottom of the rod (like a spin). Gives the rod more lifting power
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daveo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 11:23pm
daveo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Bloody bewdy griffo
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2012 at 9:42am
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Fishing Addiction Fishing Addiction wrote:

Blue asparagus: both griffo and badfish synits are acid wrapped. Note the guides starting on top like normal overhead but sliding around to the bottom of the rod (like a spin). Gives the rod more lifting power
thanks for that, yip I have one it is a xzoga, what I was wondering is looking at the pic the first 3 eyes are this way and that, or is it the way I am looking at the rod.
Page  <1 34567 9>