'Post your rod' Picture thread

Page  <1 23456 9>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spear-time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 11:32pm
Spear-time View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I got the foregrip from chris as well, was brought as a kit with everything minus thread, finish and glue.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Griffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 7:51am
Griffo View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Really good looking 1st build mate... it looks the business with the PE7 on. Well done
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 9:50am
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Very nice looking rod , it is great how the colours match the reel , well done Clap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote C A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 12:37pm
C A View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

any builds lately?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 10:15am
smizz View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

ok its not really a rod it used to be 1 though.... it now a camera holder so the cam can be dunked underwater from the boat anyway this is my first go at marbeling pretty happy with it.... (yes the camera will be upside down when underwater but most editing software allows you to filp the video
When shooting a mime, don't use a silencer or his friends will hear you.
If camera lenses are round why do the pictures come out rectangle?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sappercatcha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 10:07pm
sappercatcha View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

nice rods guys been thinking of geting into building my own rods

i only have one hand at 100% and my other hand is probly only 40% is it something that can be done one handed or one and a bitLOL
is there anyone in auckland that could give me a lesson
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 12:03pm
Snag View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by smizz smizz wrote:

ok its not really a rod it used to be 1 though.... it now a camera holder so the cam can be dunked underwater from the boat anyway this is my first go at marbeling pretty happy with it.... (yes the camera will be upside down when underwater but most editing software allows you to filp the video

That is a awesome idea! cheers

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 12:20pm
Snag View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Selling firearms for a living, what better way or reason to get a camo jig rod!

CTS 200G-300G BLANK COATED EMERALD GREEN
FUJI REEL SEAT
FUJI SMOKE SILICONE CARBINE GUIDES
GRIPS SUPPLIED BY "REEL RODS" (KIERON)
 Bottom half constructed by REEL RODS, awesome job guys!!!.
Top half job done by Bevan from Fish City Hamilton

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tomatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 10:19am
Tomatron View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Here's a 8ft LBG rod I buit for a friend recently:

Origionally a 10ft blank I chopped off 2ft of the butt section, then chopped a peice that would fit over the rods butt section and act as a slick butt:

A heavy duty Fuji reel seat, a fuji 25mm gimble and a hypolon grip sorted out that side of things.

Fuji BH guides and a simple but nice red and gold colour combo to match a TLD50:

10kg drag. Plenty of power.

Picked it up Sat morn, then Sunday night I get a text saying tested it on a 21kg king and liked the rod!

PM if interested in something similar.

Cheers.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 1:52pm
Silver
Silver

EXCELLENT , the rod looks great , very nice curve , and a bloody big Kingi too , how good is that .ClapClapThumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 2:34pm
smelli View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Not built by me but is a custom DFS rod....

350 gram Kilwell Talon and Accurate BX500XN 6.1 with 65LB Whiplash

Yet to get it wet.....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tas-tackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 9:25pm
tas-tackle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

sweetThumbs Up     top setup..  that whiplash is thin strong braid... wish they made it in rainbow....
great puka line.....

http://www.tas-tackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 9:30pm
smelli View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Thnx--Kane assures me it will do as it is supposed too ,, just yet to try it out... Wink

Yeah i love Whiplash and im surprised they havnt made a rainbow one yet...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tas-tackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 9:41pm
Titanium
Titanium

good lad that Kane.... has looked after me (and his customers)...  can ya tell I like accurate gear :}}}

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 9:49pm
smelli View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

yup he is great and looks after his clients and heaps of fun too.... knows his **** as well....

has got a good set-up at his shop and ill keep going back

i like accurate as well,,sold my 870 reel that i got the kingi with that is my avatar--just need to flick the 350gram rod now...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tas-tackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 10:38pm
Titanium
Titanium

fatty.... the kingy not you hahahahahaaa...   LOL    what was the 350 rod...??

PM ....be better...than here...
J

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scuzzymoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 11:36pm
scuzzymoto View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

not one of mine , but very nice

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled” Mark Twain
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 12:48am
smelli View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by *fisher* *fisher* wrote:

fatty.... the kingy not you hahahahahaaa...   LOL    what was the 350 rod...??

PM ....be better...than here...
J

lol.. Cheers John... Cry...  Yeh was a fatty and my first ever i have caught...

PM sent
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 9:31pm
Stefan View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

My second rod made, I bought a blank of Nagged at Kilwell (thanks Neville) a nano tech 7ft 10Kg thin little beauty. I took 4 inches off and after a few evenings....

Fuji guides from R A Connaghan Grips and Fuji Seat from Go Fish

Copper and silver metallic underbind with Charcoal Black over. Coupled with my Avet Sx Lefty...

Pretty bloody stoked to be fair, am hoping to slay some fish with it soon.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 9:44pm
Silver
Silver

Stefan , only your 2 nd build , very nice mate  well done looks great . Thumbs Up
Page  <1 23456 9>