'Post your rod' Picture thread

Page  <1 45678 9>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MarkE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2012 at 11:27am
MarkE View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Fishing Addiction Fishing Addiction wrote:

Blue asparagus: both griffo and badfish synits are acid wrapped. Note the guides starting on top like normal overhead but sliding around to the bottom of the rod (like a spin). Gives the rod more lifting power

Acid wrapping doesnt effect lifting power, its purely to prevent the rod blank rolling under load.
Sea Strike 18' Centre Console - Under Construction....Build Thread here
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MarkE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2012 at 11:34am
MarkE View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Blue Asparagus Blue Asparagus wrote:

Blue asparagus: both griffo and badfish synits are acid wrapped. Note the guides starting on top like normal overhead but sliding around to the bottom of the rod (like a spin). Gives the rod more lifting power
thanks for that, yip I have one it is a xzoga, what I was wondering is looking at the pic the first 3 eyes are this way and that, or is it the way I am looking at the rod.

Youre right BA, the first few guides are a little skewed - thats how Synit set them up. Give MIB a PM, im sure he wont mind explaining the reasoning behind it.
Sea Strike 18' Centre Console - Under Construction....Build Thread here
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Badfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2012 at 11:06am
Badfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sorry BA just saw your post now. But yes its acid wrapped, depending on the rod but the first, say, 4 guides are all above say the 9oclock position if your looking at it as a cross section. I'm building a couple more on sunday so I might take some photos as I go. I think it'll be easier to see whats what without all the other guides on the rod.
It's can take a long time to tweek the progression of the guides to exactly what we want for each blank but some pics might give you somewhere to start.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Badfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2012 at 7:29am
Badfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sorry I haven't posted any pics, all I've built lately are spins, I've got one overhead to do next week, I'll get some pics then

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2012 at 7:38am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Hope that is mine RyanLOL
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Badfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2012 at 11:48am
Badfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nope, although I'll give you this one and I'll take yours! Your getting a special blank. . . if you can pry it away from me that is

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tomatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 8:37pm
Tomatron View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Getting a bit lazy with photos will try get some more up but here is one I finished the other day. Had to keep the guides cheap to keep costs down to fit a budget. Will be paired up with a Curado spooled with braid for deeper SP / inchinku style fishing.

I am using rod dancer lite build which is nice to work with and procoat or UB Rod bond for glues. Both are a two part pot mix and have a thicker texture which makes for ease when doing the reel seats etc as the glue does not 'run'.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LouisJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 9:12pm
LouisJ View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice rod! Love the long Split grip. What butt cap/gimbal did you use?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LouisJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 9:14pm
LouisJ View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice rod Love the long Split grip. What butt cap/gimbal did you use?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote dustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 12:43pm
dustin View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

A couple pics of guide wraps on the 24kg rods I mentioned in a thread below:

and one of them in use... sorry it was only a sailfish so the rod didn't bend very much...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tomatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 2:53pm
Tomatron View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice one!

It is a standard Fuji rubber cap.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rockz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 5:58pm
rockz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

is that just a metallic sharpie you're using to write on the blanks?
thinking about putting a few fish measures on my rods.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 9:57am
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

That is a mighty fine looking rod , ClapClapClap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Badfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 4:27pm
Badfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bit bored today as I couldn't get the rod lab warm enough to do any gluing so figured I might just chuck a couple photos of the rods on here. Will throw some on of the completed rods at some stage too. 

First rod is a prototype stickbait blank, synit of course, fuji K set up, for use with a saltiga 5k.
Stripper guide fully under bound with a metallic blue with a red straight and grey spiral inlay

You can kind of see the section where the labels will go marked by the two detail wraps (I hate photographing rods!)
The next guide (and the next three) all have a simple met' blue under and grey over with met blue spiral. 

And up at the tip end the tip's and next guide's thread work have red under binds with the same grey over bind scheme of the rest of the guides, grey with met' blue spiral. (another crap photo I know)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Badfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 4:34pm
Badfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

And secondly this one,

Another prototype blank, it's going to be about a 200gm jig rod in the mantis range, maybe.
Simple two tone job this time. 
The green doesn't come out that great in photos but it's a flouro green thread and met' purple. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TCG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 7:11pm
TCG View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Keep them coming Badfish, love your work
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daveo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 8:07pm
daveo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Do you double overbind all your jig rods bad fish?

D under and A over?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Badfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 8:31pm
Badfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cheers TCG, I always mean to chuck pics up but never really think of it till it's to late and the rods off to customers. 

Daveo 
Yup both these are double over bound. I double over bind all heavier rods and anything (like this second rod) that has a light colour on top of a dark colour. You can single over bind but the colour comes out far better with the double. 

Everything there is 'A' thread over 'A' mate. But as an aside you can't put 'A' over 'D'. Well that's not 100% right, you can but it's ugly as sin. If you have to put 'D' down as your under bind glue the unders first. That way the 'A' overs will have the smooth finish of the glue to go down on. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Badfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 9:22pm
Badfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

thanks for that, yip I have one it is a xzoga, what I was wondering is looking at the pic the first 3 eyes are this way and that, or is it the way I am looking at the rod.

I said sometime ago that I'd put a pic up showing you one of our acid wrap set ups but basically forgot all about it Embarrassed, so here is one Tongue better late than never...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LouisJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 8:30am
LouisJ View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Badfish Badfish wrote:

I said sometime ago that I'd put a pic up showing you one of our acid wrap set ups but basically forgot all about it Embarrassed, so here is one Tongue better late than never...

So is it right that the first guide is offset to the left, then the second slightly right, then gradually rotate round the blank until it's 180 degrees from the top? Also, how many guides do you use to transition to the bottom?
Page  <1 45678 9>