'Post your rod' Picture thread

Page  <12345 9>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Griffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 9:41pm
Griffo View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Cheers Red.... will give those uni pens a try.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 7:50am
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Some nice rods in hurrrrrrr
I'm gona start building again soon but gona stick with building softie rods
All will be hand spun as I get a really good finish of them
Great work in here guys
http://www.facebook.com/hauraki.hillbillys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 7:24pm
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Guys here is one I have just finished , Blank is a Spinal series 2- 300 gram 5 ft 6 '' line clas 50-60 lb , Guides Alps BXNZG -SS , 20 down to a 10 tip , Bullards Black thread , sulky silver metallic thread , [ which I love ] bullards rod finish , Alps size 20 double trigger reel seat ,the foregrip is laser etched to my design . the lottle bit of marbling is not pigment , it is silver metallic auto paint , I have been playing around with it for some time , If you are interested this is what I have worked out , First up pour some straight out of the tin into a little mixing cup , now this you will have to work out , add some auto thinners mix well ,you do not want if to thick , now get a darning needle and get a small drop on the end and let it drop on the finish [ first coat ] it will form a circle , now the magic , you can move it around to where you want it ,  so you can use any of the auto matallic colours , also it doe's not effect the finish in any way , then I finish over it .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Xtoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 9:58pm
Xtoad View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nice Ian. You will have to tel the 360 guys - they will find out!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tomatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 10:16pm
Tomatron View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Not sure where the pen came from I found it lying around the house and it does the job nicely. RH, that blotching effect is wicked. The silver and black binds look great. Nice work again.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tomatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 6:46pm
Tomatron View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Finished off my stick bait rod the other day. Kilwell blank, KWAG guides, fuji gimble and H seat and hypalon grips. Will even handle a medium sized popper I should think. The blank has a nice action and when loaded up with 10kg of drag it folds away to a parabolic extent, so should be great to battle some green machines with.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 8:28pm
Silver
Silver

Dude , how good is that , very very nice . The finish looks great .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 8:06pm
Stefan View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Right after about 2-3 years of "gonna get around to it"... I finally managed to build my first rod. It doesn't look as flash as some of the others on here but I'm pretty stoked just quietly.
 Its a 7ft Kilwell blank 6kg nano technology one, the rest of the componentry is from mud hole and Go Fish. It will be my new soft bait rod which hopefully will get the nod this week.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 9:39pm
smizz View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

looks nice stefan how much is the nano tech blank?
When shooting a mime, don't use a silencer or his friends will hear you.
If camera lenses are round why do the pictures come out rectangle?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tomatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 10:37pm
Tomatron View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cool man! Tidy effort what guides did you go with?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 8:00am
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice one
I remover the first rod I built synit 150gram acid wrap was a mish lol
Guides look like PAC bay.
Enjoy ya new rod mate nothing like doing it ur self and slaying fish on it
http://www.facebook.com/hauraki.hillbillys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 11:13am
Stefan View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thanks guys yeah cant wait to take out.

The blank cost me $75 i think postage was $8 or something
The Guides are just a set, American Tackle Blue Concept Style Spinning Guide Set.
NCP and Pro Metallic wrap covered with Prokote

Next one will be a jigging rod with a CBS blank that I bought when I had some money
Then a 7ft  8Kgish overhead rod for a small Avet SX or someting similar. Want someting nice for 10lb braid usage. Not sure what blank I'll use yet.

I'm well hooked as you can see
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 5:17pm
Silver
Silver

Stefan , that is a cool looking rod , well done ,  very nice and tidy ,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ChrisW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 9:57pm
ChrisW View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

wrong section I know guys but I have some JM Power Spell 400, 500g blanks going for just $170 each.  Also have a few Jig star 250, 350, 450g overhead and spin blanks from the current rod range.  These blanks are really nice as a few here will attest and priced from $70 + shipping.
give it death!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 10:24pm
smizz View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by ChrisW ChrisW wrote:

wrong section I know guys but I have some JM Power Spell 400, 500g blanks going for just $170 each.  Also have a few Jig star 250, 350, 450g overhead and spin blanks from the current rod range.  These blanks are really nice as a few here will attest and priced from $70 + shipping.

are you able to get any other JM blanks chris?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 1:43pm
Stefan View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thanks Red Hunter - been a few of you steering me in the right direction the last year to get me started its been much appreciated
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ChrisW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 2:54pm
ChrisW View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by smizz smizz wrote:

Originally posted by ChrisW ChrisW wrote:

are you able to get any other JM blanks chris?

yes but prices are around 2/3rds of a complete rod so not really worth it.  Those JM blanks are a couple years old and way below cost.
give it death!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 4:55pm
smizz View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

how much to post a jigstar 350 blank to auckland
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spear-time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 4:38pm
Spear-time View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi guys, i made my first rod at the end of last year. i Got the jigstar 350 blank from ChrisW with all the componentry. Decided to go down the acid wrapped route and im glad i did. I painted the blank with automotive interior vinyl paint so it would match my red pe7, i applied a small amount of rod finish over the rod with a gloved hand to protect it and get the shine. Only thing im not 100% happy with is the thread spacing, something to work on next time. I have caught a few fish on it now including kings upto 18kg and a small bass, very happy with the blank and how the whole thing turnt out.
Now what to build next?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scott30961 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 9:26pm
Scott30961 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Nice looking rod. Just about to build on a blank from Chris as well. Where did you get your foregrips from or did you file the grooves in yourself?
Page  <12345 9>