Fishing with hard baits

Page  <1234>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote albert wild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 4:36pm
albert wild View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi Cap A, the lure is a Smith Vimetal Spin, the Japs use them to target sea bass. I have caught fresh and saltwater species on them.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 12:38pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Certainly looks very interesting!
Saw a whole bunch of the Sebile hardbaits yesterday, they are very interesting indeed. Poppers look better in hand than on pictures, and there are some very weird looking stick-bait type ones! Can't wait til we get a chance to buy some here....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote albert wild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 2:29pm
Silver
Silver

Some very cool topwater lures in the Sebile line up Capt A, this is the Bonga minnow

The Bonga Jerk, this lure will troll at 20 Knots

The Stick Shad, comes in Floating, suspending and sinking models

The Ghost Walker, these things swim awesome

The Splasher has a keel built into the bottom of the lure which allows it to be walked as well as popped. Even the 52mm version of the splasher works really well. The Nomad boys smash the GT's on the bigger models over here. I think you guys will have some fun with the topwater Sebile stuff.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 2:38pm
Titanium
Titanium

I saw the big ones of those Bonga jerks.... they are BIG man! in the pics, they look like lures that must fit in the palm of your hand or something, but no, they ain't- the lure itself is about the size of your whole hand, bottom hook about where your thumb knuckle is, tail hook the end of your index finger, tie on at around your wrist.
 Makes them one very deep-bodied lure. It is one I want to try, just to see if the fish will hit it, and how they hook up on it! I was told they can troll up to about 8kn on them due to their depth, and the keel effect of that bottom fin-thing. Somethnig else worth looking at.
The poppers look very interesting too.
Liked the small lures too, i want to give 'em a go around bommies and stuff, should be good I reckon.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 4:11pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Those spinner baits look bloody impressive I have to say must give them a crack.

Its funny how things change I remember circa 2005/06 a now passed from member Krill put up a topic/ comment in a thread re using spinners as the Aussies had been doing for yonks and it didnt go down well at the time as SP's were just picking up steam LOL.

Those bloody Aussies always seem to just that little bit further on (and thats no reference to the Rugby) LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 4:38pm
Titanium
Titanium

The aussies are lucky though.... they have a lot more lure-munching species and different habitats than we do here. They have the freshwater bass and cod that spinnerbaits were developed in the US for over there, they have great mangrove fish predator species (flatheads, jacks, bream etc) that we don't have, and they have right up into the tropics for all sorts of aggressive lure-eating critters that we don't have.
But our fish have prettier smiles, and nicer personalities.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote albert wild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 6:55pm
Silver
Silver

Hi Capt A, I have a mate that lives on Lord Howe, he loves trolling the Bonga Jerk for Wahoo, I will see if I can get a pic off him to post. Heres a couple of pics of someone you fella's might know fishing Sebile. They tell me he likes a pie and a beer or two!

Heres a couple from a recent session, blood red amber 77mm SK

Give my lure back, spit it out!LOL

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 8:41pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

good looking bloke in the top pick Big smile
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 7:31am
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

he smiles
holy ****
http://www.facebook.com/hauraki.hillbillys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 9:17am
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by green guy green guy wrote:

he smiles
holy ****

Lucky the real unphotoshoped version has surfaced Wink

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 9:35am
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

LOL

Classic... Big Ben Classic that is!
What's the cheapest type of meat? Dear balls. They're under a buck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 9:58am
Titanium
Titanium

Interesting... running them with single hooks for those snapper? If memory serves they come with trebles don't they? Are they gonna be released with trebles or doubles?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote albert wild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 2:20pm
Silver
Silver

Hi Capt A, Sebile lures come fitted with good quality trebles, the Flat shad snagless comes fitted with a belly mounted double. The singles I have been using are made by Decoy, the Flat shad seems to work fine with either configuration.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JonnyBlaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 5:01pm
JonnyBlaze View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I got a nice pannie a while back on the copperhead Size 6 in its first outting.  Winter last year about 100m off Browns Bay.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 7:08pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Moocha Moocha wrote:

Originally posted by green guy green guy wrote:

he smiles
holy ****

Lucky the real unphotoshoped version has surfaced Wink

mmmmmm   big ben pies..might grab a 12 pack for nibbles during the lure comp,show the captain what real food is Wink
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 7:24pm
cod View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

no pies for me. doughnuts please.like the ones with apple and lots of creamThumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote albert wild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 10:56pm
Silver
Silver

I'll bring my non toxic, rub on secrete sauce.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 11:47pm
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Spent today setting up the Bradley stand at the Melbourne 4x4 and Fishing show - got a sneak peak at the Tackleword stand....wow! Lots and lots of hard bodied lures here and 50% off everything...Gulp $5 a pack - full range too..excess baggage on...it's gunna be a very cool show - if anyone reading this heading along come say hello...right next to the main stage.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 11:57pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

good luck over there mate, remember me at duty free, diet cokes all round, take a few pics for us poor buggers back here
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Structfab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 7:57am
Structfab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hey Kezza, you wanna do a reveiw on that show when ya done mate, could be worth a trip over next year for a nossy
Page  <1234>